Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2022, 02:19 PM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
The guy held a pregnant woman at gunpoint. That's one step above pedophilia.
Color of his skin cancels it all out for some people. Anyone else would not even be on the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2022, 02:33 PM

22 posts, read 18,284 times
Quote:
The guy held a pregnant woman at gunpoint. That's one step above pedophilia.
The robbery he served 5 years for?

The users point could have easily be made without the use of that statement. The vitriol expressed towards black people in general is excessive. It’s even present in the West Indian day parade thread. It’s like Stormfront 2.0 on this website.

Old 09-19-2022, 02:36 PM

5,828 posts, read 2,950,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appledipp718 View Post

The users point could have easily be made without the use of that statement. The vitriol expressed towards black people in general is excessive. It’s even present in the West Indian day parade thread. It’s like Stormfront 2.0 on this website.
Gothamist or Reddit might be more to our liking.

Old 09-19-2022, 03:46 PM

3,735 posts, read 3,472,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
Agreed.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:10 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appledipp718 View Post

What does one thing have to do with another? Him serving 5 years doesn't absolve him of pointing a gun at a pregnant woman.

The racism accusation doesn't fly in NYC. Too many different types of people, from too many different backgrounds, all living in extremely close proximity. I'm not that old but some of the most blatant racism I have seen growing up has come from Black NYC'ers.

Either call everyone racist or call no one racist.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:38 PM

Quote:
What does one thing have to do with another? Him serving 5 years doesn't absolve him of pointing a gun at a pregnant woman.

The racism accusation doesn't fly in NYC. Too many different types of people, from too many different backgrounds, all living in extremely close proximity. I'm not that old but some of the most blatant racism I have seen growing up has come from Black NYC'ers.

Either call everyone racist or call no one racist.
You need to relax! I asked a question; hence the use of a question mark. I have not heard about anyone being pregnant in that case. However, since you asked the question, what does his past crime have to do with him losing his life over a fake $20? Did he not deserve due process? Is it funny to mock and celebrant his death? Any death?

And I’m not going back and forth with you regarding the blatant racism and prejudice on this website! I recognize your font and you’re an active participant in some of the nonsense. Most of you were in that West Indian thread questioning the culture and wondering why they were celebrating being from s-hole countries. May not have been verbatim, but it was said. There are many more examples of this, but I don’t have the time.

Also, living in a “melting pot” has never prevented racism.

Old 09-19-2022, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I guess. Expecting educated people to not be prejudice and racist towards a particular group in 2022 is too much to ask for.

Old 09-19-2022, 08:42 PM

19,057 posts, read 13,973,458 times
Of your now 18 posts, going back to 2016, over 80% include accusations of racism. Broken record much?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-19-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Of your now 18 posts, going back to 2016, over 80% include accusations of racism. Broken record much?
Thanks, Inspector Clouseau!!

Racists here never waver, never tire so spare me. Perhaps, you should use your energy for good and tally up all the venom spewed on this site.

My stance remains and I respect my elders so argue with yourself or each other.

Old 09-20-2022, 01:18 AM

16,083 posts, read 6,857,292 times
It's only a matter of time before people take the law into their own hands .

One only has to span a few decades to remember how Bernie Goetz defended himself against subway crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City