Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2022, 10:21 AM

978 posts, read 675,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citycab View Post
As an example, the best deterrent would be to just shoot them dead at the southern borderlines. I am sure it has happened already because if you watch video of homeowners like in Texas .
Yup. There was a podcast about the very subject you speak of, a few years back. Good men doing bad things to very bad people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2022, 10:37 AM

265 posts, read 151,129 times
Mexico should be warm this time of the year. Have they tried seeking refuge there?

Old 10-10-2022, 10:48 AM

89 posts, read 49,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Citycab View Post
As an example, the best deterrent would be to just shoot them dead at the southern borderlines.... That is not racist.
It is racist and also unnecessary. How can life be regarded so casually?

We can't kill them and then talk about "Uniting for Ukraine": https://www.uscis.gov/ukraine

Old 10-10-2022, 11:10 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,968,817 times
I wouldn’t profess shooting them to be the solution, but I also am completely unconcerned with Ukraine.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-10-2022, 03:23 PM

978 posts, read 675,085 times
Diego an Dora traipsing around Puerto Richmond Staten Eyeland is rich lol. Hola!

Old 10-10-2022, 03:48 PM

14,055 posts, read 13,942,709 times
NYC migrant situation is reaching dangerous levels will DC close the borders to sort the problem ? Will the U.S limit amount of migrants ?

Nearly 2,000 migrants arrive in NYC over the weekend which push the total nearly 20,000 migrants since March 2022. If trend stay the same city will see 45,000 migrants in total by Christmas and 75,000 migrants by June 2023 in addition 100,000 by fall 2023. It will cost the city 1.5-2 billion dollars yearly base on trends

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/pol...pfm-story.html

Old 10-10-2022, 03:56 PM

6,667 posts, read 2,975,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
If trend stay the same city will see 45,000 migrants in total by Christmas and 75,000 migrants by June 2023 in addition 100,000 by fall 2023. It will cost the city 1.5-2 billion dollars yearly base on trends
That's a lot of people to keep warm. I guess that was one benefit being down in a warmer State, like Texas.
But that shouldn't be an excuse to be like,...

"Yay,.open borders,.come on in, we are a Sanctuary city. But stay down there,...we want all the Lib points for being so progressive yet none of the responsibility. "

Old 10-10-2022, 04:00 PM

64 posts, read 24,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citygal98 View Post
It is racist and also unnecessary. How can life be regarded so casually?

We can't kill them and then talk about "Uniting for Ukraine": [URL="https://www.uscis.gov/ukraine"]https://www.uscis.gov/ukraine[/URL]
I am not a racist, and the invaders are literally of all races. I can care less what they look like. My posts make that abundantly clear that the invaders are all criminals and thieves and they endanger All of the citizens of our country completely.

Though I agree it is harsh to say to just mow a bunch of them down with Tommy Guns but perhaps the situation at hand needs an extreme push like that. Why allow the invasion to silently and so softly continue when we all know that our own border and immigration systems are currently turned Off. There is zero being done. So yes, I would be okay to have citizens start taking matters into their own hands. Ignite the fire ablaze already is my stance. Let it rip and lets fight already.

The crazy thing is that the original structure of our immigration is a well oil machine. Our justice and policing systems are the best in the world for a country our size. We even have what it takes to truly enact an eVerify system that cannot be tampered with. However the powers that be chose to compromise these systems all on purpose and all against the will of the majority of us legal citizens who pay taxes for everything.

I say, get violent already, just get it over with. It’s like everyone wants to pull the bandaid off slowly thinking it will not hurt much. I say just let it rip already and lets all face the music.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:16 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,685,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naicha View Post
That's a lot of people to keep warm. I guess that was one benefit being down in a warmer State, like Texas.
But that shouldn't be an excuse to be like,...

"Yay,.open borders,.come on in, we are a Sanctuary city. But stay down there,...we want all the Lib points for being so progressive yet none of the responsibility. "
They never were staying down South (you know, the place where billions of dollars flow to handle the influx. I don’t hear the governors of TX and FL talk about returning that money). Migrants spread out across the country. Top states for migrants are Texas, Florida, Illinois, New York, Virginia, Maryland, California, Massachusetts
and New Jersey. These people are here legally and can live wherever they want.
And we need them. For all of the silly pearl clutching, immigration is at dangerously low rates. That’s why you cannot find a Wendy’s with an open dinning room.

Borders are immoral. Happy Indigenous People’s Day!

Old 10-10-2022, 04:47 PM

64 posts, read 24,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
They never were staying down South (you know, the place where billions of dollars flow to handle the influx. I don’t hear the governors of TX and FL talk about returning that money). Migrants spread out across the country. Top states for migrants are Texas, Florida, Illinois, New York, Virginia, Maryland, California, Massachusetts
and New Jersey. These people are here legally and can live wherever they want.
And we need them. For all of the silly pearl clutching, immigration is at dangerously low rates. That’s why you cannot find a Wendy’s with an open dinning room.

Borders are immoral. Happy Indigenous People’s Day!
This wins the Most Far Out Liberal Left Leaning Post of the Day award. Congrats
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City