Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 09:45 AM

11,899 posts, read 6,243,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfc99 View Post
We just have to get used to this, the election is over. Zeldin gave it his best shot but the votes just weren't there. Hochul is now unstoppable in her support for Bail Reform. She made the deal with the devils Heastie and Cousins to continue Bail Reform forever and that's that. Just wait till home break-ins and home invasions become the norm.

Elections have consequences -
https://nypost.com/2022/11/10/kathy-...o-bail-reform/

Those old Asian ladies are a problem aren't they. One partially blocked my driveway a few days ago and then had the nerve to ring my bell to apologize!
The people have spoken.

Do you predict a corresponding increase in people moving out of NYC as a result, or not so much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 01:15 PM

6,702 posts, read 6,088,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
Clowns try to create mashed potatoes to obfuscate the issues.
It’s only obfuscating and like “mashed potatoes” for people who don’t think critically.
I think everyone should be forced to take algorithms and data structures in school so that they can be able to decipher a problem and literally think about it from all sides. But no, only a few of us have this privilege. It’s quite frustrating to live in a world where many bottom of the barrel people can only think in homogeneous terms.

Old 11-13-2022, 05:10 PM

15,638 posts, read 15,768,062 times
Quote:
I was positive the perpetrator was an old Asian lady. Guess I'm wrong again.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/strang...c-subway-cops/
I realize that you were just re-posting a headline from a biased, sensationalist tabloid, but I hope you saw my post pointing out the statistically, crime is still miniscule.

Old 11-13-2022, 06:50 PM

19,105 posts, read 12,794,827 times
I don't understand what the problem is?

People just voted for more of this, so they're getting more of what they wanted

Old 11-13-2022, 08:22 PM

1,522 posts, read 1,825,040 times
These despicable savages make me sick.

Old 11-13-2022, 09:41 PM

12,792 posts, read 8,366,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjbradleynyc View Post
The ongoing problem with the subway system is an increased presence of many homeless people with mental illness, who seem to be off their meds, or have not been recently treated.

From someone who rides the subway 4-5 days every week, I see homeless and agitated/aggressive obviously mentally ill individuals on the trains or platforms, for at least 2 of my trips, every week. It can be unnerving and the erratic behavior I've seen from some of these folks is concerning for public safety.

This is the biggest issue for public safety on the trains. NYC should consider approaches to manage this by deploying professionals who specialize in mental illness to canvass the trains and stations. When they encounter a person like this potentially at risk to inflict violence on others or themselves, should offer medication and a place to stay for treatment.

Costly? Absolutely. But it could be done if the mayor's office was proactive and smart enough to find a solution on how to do it.

Houston has had a great success story as of late, regarding helping the homeless and mentally ill off the streets. NYC could possibly duplicate their success.

https://www.planetizen.com/news/2022...20and%20houses.
So you take the subway and say the mental illness problem is unnerving... Let's see how unnerving it is for you. Did you vote for Hochul or Zeldin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I realize that you were just re-posting a headline from a biased, sensationalist tabloid, but I hope you saw my post pointing out the statistically, crime is still miniscule.
I saw it and that is not accurate. Some crimes are down, but the most violent crimes are up.

Old 11-19-2022, 12:35 PM

35,353 posts, read 17,257,206 times
Quote:
I was positive the perpetrator was an old Asian lady. Guess I'm wrong again.

https://nypost.com/2022/11/11/strang...c-subway-cops/
I was guessing:
  1. Amish?
  2. Pennsylvania Deutsch?
  3. Sephardic Jew?
  4. Ashkenazi Jew?
  5. Japanese?
  6. Chinese?
  7. Zoroastrian?
  8. Baha'i?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City