Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2024, 11:26 AM

11,813 posts, read 5,807,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
He's not, though. The decision and award will be appealed and likely knocked down (which will take years, and by that time no one will care), and they were going to convict him of something regardless. All the while, these stunts are obviously politically motivated, and are just making his poll numbers go up even more. No one who didn't already hate the guy is changing their vote because of E. Jean Carroll and the Case of the Crooked Court. Coastal liberals really do live in a bubble.
That's what the anti-Trumpers don't understand. People who haven't taken a side keep seeing his name being brought up and the cases with no merit and will end up actually feeling sorry for him and vote for him. When you keep attacking someone with no credible evidence - people start to think - if they can do that to him - they could do that to me and want no part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2024, 12:53 PM

15,456 posts, read 7,511,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
You wish and the lawyers have already filed an appeal as the judge should have recused himself. The one attorney was his clerk previously and he was the justice of the peace at another one's wedding.

Trump should go to a court in a red state and sue her for defamation and he'd win cancelling out whatever she was awarded for lying.

Also you may misspell the swear words but they are reportable. Let's keep it clean.
How can Trump sue Carroll for defamation in a red state when she hasn't said anything in a red state? YOu can't just pick a state and sue.

Judges preside over cases where they have a relationship with the attorneys all the time. I don't see an issue here.

Old 01-30-2024, 01:56 PM

7,906 posts, read 7,897,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icequeentt View Post
she's right. you defame me and you pay after you assaulted me. He's a horrible liar... you would have a pic of him with you at YOUR house and he'd say "ive never met that person in my life " LOL... wild and crazy
he has a following, with many on this board. so bet your bottom dollar they were harrassing her, and doing god knows what. she deserves every penny. good for her. goood for her.

Old 02-01-2024, 06:49 AM

16,093 posts, read 6,863,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
he has a following, with many on this board. so bet your bottom dollar they were harrassing her, and doing god knows what. she deserves every penny. good for her. goood for her.

My opinion:
There appears to be a double standard in how this city hands out awards.

Trump " White " was found liable " not guilty " and plaintiff awarded 83 million for defamation
while in a previous post of Central Park 5 Exonerated "Black" councilman awarded a paltry
7 million in comparison for false ( 6.8 years ) imprisonment.

There is something definitely wrong with this picture.

The balance of justice in this city is far from balanced as our lady of justice no longer wears a blindfold.
She appears to see in color.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:07 AM

427 posts, read 155,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
How can Trump sue Carroll for defamation in a red state when she hasn't said anything in a red state? YOu can't just pick a state and sue.

Judges preside over cases where they have a relationship with the attorneys all the time. I don't see an issue here.
Trump is a resident of Florida, and she's a resident of New York. Her public statements, if defamatory, would subject her to the diversity jurisdiction of a Federal Court in Florida. I don't see the point in suing her, though - he's just going to tie it up in appeals until after the election, when the Democratic sugar daddy paying her legal fees will bow out and her case will quietly go away as yet another failed attempt to kill the king.

Judges are required to disclose those relationships. If they are close enough, they are supposed to recuse themselves and the case gets passed to another judge without a conflict.

Old 02-01-2024, 11:21 AM

427 posts, read 155,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:
There appears to be a double standard in how this city hands out awards.

Trump " White " was found liable " not guilty " and plaintiff awarded 83 million for defamation
while in a previous post of Central Park 5 Exonerated "Black" councilman awarded a paltry
7 million in comparison for false ( 6.8 years ) imprisonment.

There is something definitely wrong with this picture.

The balance of justice in this city is far from balanced as our lady of justice no longer wears a blindfold.
She appears to see in color.
Awards are handed out by juries, not "the city". As this is a city of Trump-haters, the jurors are likely to be of the same ilk.

So was the judge, since nearly every Supreme Court justice in the city is a party machine Democrat running in basically uncontested elections. Uncontested elections mean that the Democratic Party chooses who they want for those positions. Some are qualified, many are not - selected because of their party bona fides, being the "first ______ judge", or simply kicking enough money up to the machine.

The CP5 settlement was in 2014, things have changed a bit since then, wouldn't you say?

Old 02-02-2024, 10:59 AM

18,478 posts, read 31,656,752 times
its funny how everyone loved trump in the 80's , people couldn't get enough of him.
I truly don't understand why so many people hate this man, all he wanted to do was help our country and take care of us, and make us come first.

and the gays are the worst, (and i can say this as i am gay), but trump never did anything bad to the gays, I can't for the life of me wonder why they hate him so much.

I want my assets to increase, don't they? wouldn't they?

I want America to come first, don't they? wouldn't they?

Old 02-02-2024, 11:05 AM

2,448 posts, read 1,223,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
its funny how everyone loved trump in the 80's , people couldn't get enough of him.
I truly don't understand why so many people hate this man, all he wanted to do was help our country and take care of us, and make us come first.

and the gays are the worst, (and i can say this as i am gay), but trump never did anything bad to the gays, I can't for the life of me wonder why they hate him so much.

I want my assets to increase, don't they? wouldn't they?

I want America to come first, don't they? wouldn't they?
They loved him in 2000's when he had his TV show. But as soon as he put an R after his last name he had to be destroyed.

Makes you wonder how horrible/corrupt DC actually is, if no outside swamp creatures are allowed.

Old 02-02-2024, 03:04 PM

37,195 posts, read 19,232,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
They loved him in 2000's when he had his TV show. But as soon as he put an R after his last name he had to be destroyed.

Makes you wonder how horrible/corrupt DC actually is, if no outside swamp creatures are allowed.
Then the correct question should be “Why do people hate republicans so much…?”

Old 02-02-2024, 03:50 PM

11,813 posts, read 5,807,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
Sorry but I doubt anyone here is harassing her - which is spelled with 1 r - we don't have the time nor inclination to pull off the stuff liberals do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City