Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 01:16 PM

6,681 posts, read 6,025,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
its funny how everyone loved trump in the 80's , people couldn't get enough of him.
I truly don't understand why so many people hate this man, all he wanted to do was help our country and take care of us, and make us come first.

and the gays are the worst, (and i can say this as i am gay), but trump never did anything bad to the gays, I can't for the life of me wonder why they hate him so much.

I want my assets to increase, don't they? wouldn't they?

I want America to come first, don't they? wouldn't they?
I’ve noticed that too amongst the LGBT community. I was over at an acquaintance’s house for a dinner with a few friends and the owner of the apartment who’s a lesbian basically told us all that she will stop speaking to anyone who votes for Trump.

I have noticed that many of these people have good careers, no children, live in nice neighborhoods, have great stable careers but fear that their gay rights will be removed. Also, some LGBT women just don’t like straight men who love to be men. I don’t know if psychologically it’s cause they’re competing with men - I don’t know. But if you were to question any of these people how exactly has Trump ruined your life personally back in 2016, the great majority wouldn’t know how to answer. It’s a phenomenon.

Meanwhile, a straight Trump supporter (and even some closeted trump supporting LGBTs - no pun intended) are affected by many of Biden’s policies. They don’t like the migrants moving into their children’s schools, taking up benefits, and other problems like inflation. Having children - unlike many lgbt (not all) makes a world of a difference in how one sees things.

I think it’s unfair to cut people out because they’re voting for what’s good for them- yet the excommunicators prioritize their wants and demands for the conservative to put their needs first. Why? Everyone should vote for who the heck they want to vote for. That’s the American way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 07:42 PM

16,028 posts, read 6,834,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powell on Property View Post
Awards are handed out by juries, not "the city". As this is a city of Trump-haters, the jurors are likely to be of the same ilk.

So was the judge, since nearly every Supreme Court justice in the city is a party machine Democrat running in basically uncontested elections. Uncontested elections mean that the Democratic Party chooses who they want for those positions. Some are qualified, many are not - selected because of their party bona fides, being the "first ______ judge", or simply kicking enough money up to the machine.

The CP5 settlement was in 2014, things have changed a bit since then, wouldn't you say?
Have things changed ?

To my understanding everytime Trump shows up in court it costs him $50,000
and he is currently looking at 900 years in prison. Ridiculous.

To think, before he was President he had a squaeky clean record but once he
drained the swamp the slimy bottom feeders were exposed and they weren't
too happy.

Yes.... Things have changed for the worse. Glad he escaped from N.Y.

Old 02-09-2024, 07:59 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,621,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
I’ve noticed that too amongst the LGBT community. I was over at an acquaintance’s house for a dinner with a few friends and the owner of the apartment who’s a lesbian basically told us all that she will stop speaking to anyone who votes for Trump.

I have noticed that many of these people have good careers, no children, live in nice neighborhoods, have great stable careers but fear that their gay rights will be removed. Also, some LGBT women just don’t like straight men who love to be men. I don’t know if psychologically it’s cause they’re competing with men - I don’t know. But if you were to question any of these people how exactly has Trump ruined your life personally back in 2016, the great majority wouldn’t know how to answer. It’s a phenomenon.

Meanwhile, a straight Trump supporter (and even some closeted trump supporting LGBTs - no pun intended) are affected by many of Biden’s policies. They don’t like the migrants moving into their children’s schools, taking up benefits, and other problems like inflation. Having children - unlike many lgbt (not all) makes a world of a difference in how one sees things.

I think it’s unfair to cut people out because they’re voting for what’s good for them- yet the excommunicators prioritize their wants and demands for the conservative to put their needs first. Why? Everyone should vote for who the heck they want to vote for. That’s the American way.

I also don't understand why they think that, Trump never said anything deragutaory about gays.
I want my asssets to grow,
a good economy,
no migrants......
I'm not worried about my rights. I am married (not by choice, thats another thread) and i'm not worried about my "gay" rights to be taken away...I work, pay taxes and eat food....same as every else.

although, for me, I did wish that we weren't allowed to be married, I was a happy camper not to be able to be married, so I didn't care about that.......JMO on that

and yes, I agree with you, they wouldn't know how to answer

Old 02-17-2024, 07:22 AM

186 posts, read 67,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
To think, before he was President he had a squaeky clean record but once he
drained the swamp the slimy bottom feeders were exposed and they weren't too happy.
Yes he certainly did "drain the swamp":

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/man...es-2023-02-16/

Old 02-17-2024, 08:02 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cablegeek117 View Post
Yes he certainly did "drain the swamp":

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/man...es-2023-02-16/
You don’t seem to understand what “the swamp” is if you think that link shows it. The swamp is career politicians or bureaucrats (mostly in DC) that have special interests. Biden, Pelosi, etc. now those are your prototypical swamp creatures.

Those people in your link were only in government during Trump’s administration or in the case of Flynn, worked for Obama first. Many of their so called wrongdoings are usually “gotcha” persecution by Democrats as many did not have political backgrounds and experience before serving Trump so any missteps and the swamp Democrats pounced to get them.

Take this latest court decision for Trump. All brought to you by the corrupt NY Democrat AG who even publicly stated she was going to look for everything under the sun to get Trump. Add in a NYC judge and jury and it is evident that they were going decide against him.

Put this trial in Iowa or Ohio and it would very likely be a different outcome. The Left has turned our justice system into that of a banana republic by using to go after their political opposition.

Last edited by antinimby; 02-17-2024 at 08:20 AM..

Old 02-17-2024, 08:14 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,218,105 times
And how much you wanna bet that if someone went after Letitia James the way she did to Trump that they’d find plenty of dirt on her too? Same with just about every Democrat career critter.

Old 02-17-2024, 11:48 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
the radical right in this thread, believes everything FOX news, and the NY Post feeds em, even when it's proven to be false information. they still feel Biden STOLE the election. they're so busy caping for this man, and aren't understanding, he got em looking stupid af.

Old 02-17-2024, 12:32 PM

1,246 posts, read 313,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellUpInHarlem View Post
the radical right in this thread, believes everything FOX news, and the NY Post feeds em, even when it's proven to be false information. they still feel Biden STOLE the election. they're so busy caping for this man, and aren't understanding, he got em looking stupid af.
Weren’t you the one defending a councilman for breaking the law and committing insurance fraud?

Old 02-17-2024, 12:37 PM

7,903 posts, read 7,879,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanketyblank View Post
Weren’t you the one defending a councilman for breaking the law and committing insurance fraud?
show me the proof he committed insurance fraud

Old 02-17-2024, 12:49 PM

1,464 posts, read 756,714 times
“Examples of car insurance fraud
Providing a false address: Your car insurance rate is partially based on where your car is usually parked overnight. If you live somewhere with a high rate of auto theft, your premium may be higher. Lying about your address on your car insurance is illegal, even if you're related to or know the people who live at the false address you list”

From progressives website.

All states website…
“False registration
Where you live is one factor which may affect what you pay for car insurance. Drivers who take part in this scam often live-in expensive parts of the country or in neighborhoods with higher theft rates, so they register their cars in other states or counties where insurance premiums may be lower.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City