Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2023, 09:51 PM

3,499 posts, read 1,745,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I find it astonishing that someone really thinks that.

Trump has always been a man who does what will put him in the spotlight. He doesn't care enough about others to "want to help" them, and it seems bizarre to me that someone would think he is that kind of person.

Unfortunately, attention, even negative, is what he craves, so all this is just feeding his swollen ego. But like it or not, he served as President of our country. Why not let him go play golf and quietly fade into history.
It's too bad the biased liberal media never let the public know what Trump has done to help people over the years or even the good things he did as President. The highlighted paragraph is a good example of a person who formed an opinion of Trump solely on what the msm tells them.

Just a few examples to prove Trump does care about others:

1. Trump volunteered with the Rainbow Coaltion for over 20 years to help find minorities corporate jobs and was awarded for it by Jesse Jackson, a black activist.

2. Whenever a police officer died in NYC Trump anonymously offered money to help out the family of the slain officer.

3. Trump was a NY Democrat until he saw how Obama was planning to fundamentally change the country, Obama was against America exceptionalism and wanted the U.S. to be equal to third world countries and Trump wanted to stop him, and now everyone sees how he's getting rewarded for that, with threats of prison.

So we'll pay billions to Ukraine with our tax dollars, higher taxes to support thousands of illegals, $4.00+ a gallon for gas, $8.99 for a box cereal, $85.00 for a steak dinner at a restaurant, and I almost forgot, enjoy all the crime and store closings all the "kind" Democrats brought to the U.S.

Obama must be laughing from his two oceanfront homes in Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii at the disastrous plight of America which he is responsible for but rich enough to isolate himself from!

Last edited by wp169; 10-03-2023 at 10:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2023, 05:33 AM

16,272 posts, read 10,398,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Someone is not on twitter.
You are right, I don't visit Twitter. I prefer message boards where you can continue dialogue with posters who you get to know. I'm on them all day, talk to and hear from people on both ends of the political spectrum such as this board. And again I have never seen one liberal defend the shooter at the baseball game. But one day here and I will see dozens of people defending or dismissing criminal activities such as the J6ers, Trump stealing and sharing top secret docs or creating fake electors. One in this thread actually promoted violence against our elected officials.

The GOP is in compete disarray. They ousted their Speaker and they are at war with each other, Congress is not functioning today because that party is so screwed up as they increase the political divide. Trump is attacking the very man who will determine the fate of his company, the judge in his trial. Libs are just sitting back and laughing.

Old 10-04-2023, 05:49 AM

6,414 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wp169 View Post
It's too bad the biased liberal media never let the public know what Trump has done to help people over the years or even the good things he did as President. The highlighted paragraph is a good example of a person who formed an opinion of Trump solely on what the msm tells them.

Just a few examples to prove Trump does care about others:

1. Trump volunteered with the Rainbow Coaltion for over 20 years to help find minorities corporate jobs and was awarded for it by Jesse Jackson, a black activist.

2. Whenever a police officer died in NYC Trump anonymously offered money to help out the family of the slain officer.

3. Trump was a NY Democrat until he saw how Obama was planning to fundamentally change the country. Obama was against America exceptionalism and wanted the U.S. to be equal to third world countries and Trump wanted to stop him, and now everyone sees how he's getting rewarded for that, with threats of prison.

So we'll pay billions to Ukraine with our tax dollars, higher taxes to support thousands of illegals, $4.00+ a gallon for gas, $8.99 for a box cereal, $85.00 for a steak dinner at a restaurant, and I almost forgot, enjoy all the crime and store closings all the "kind" Democrats brought to the U.S.

Obama must be laughing from his two oceanfront homes in Martha's Vineyard and Hawaii at the disastrous plight of America which he is responsible for but rich enough to isolate himself from!
Well stated!!

Along that line, somewhere I read, about the supposed overvaluation of properties, that Trump allegedly engaged in, and the writer used this example......

Let's say that I have a 1930s Duesenberg roadster, that the "experts" say is worth $150,000. I decide to sell it, but I'm not in a big hurry, so I put it out in the marketplace, at $180,000. Someone comes along and really likes it, and offers me the $180,000.

Have I misrepresented anyone? Did I injure anyone by selling it at that price? I didn't force anyone to buy it, I simply put a price on it, and somebody thought it was reasonable...........

Old 10-04-2023, 06:15 AM

3,499 posts, read 1,745,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Well stated!!

Along that line, somewhere I read, about the supposed overvaluation of properties, that Trump allegedly engaged in, and the writer used this example......

Let's say that I have a 1930s Duesenberg roadster, that the "experts" say is worth $150,000. I decide to sell it, but I'm not in a big hurry, so I put it out in the marketplace, at $180,000. Someone comes along and really likes it, and offers me the $180,000.

Have I misrepresented anyone? Did I injure anyone by selling it at that price? I didn't force anyone to buy it, I simply put a price on it, and somebody thought it was reasonable...........
Thanks! If I win the billion dolllar Powerball tonight, I will offer Trump $25 million for Mar-a-lago (the judge's valuation), lol.

I'm thinking about selling my home so yesterday I told the realtor Zillow has it listed for a certain amount, so he said the real worth is what someone is willing to pay for it, not the Zillow listing.

Old 10-04-2023, 06:17 AM

19,033 posts, read 13,944,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
You are right, I don't visit Twitter. I prefer message boards where you can continue dialogue with posters who you get to know. I'm on them all day, talk to and hear from people on both ends of the political spectrum such as this board. And again I have never seen one liberal defend the shooter at the baseball game.
Well just so you know, it happens, still in fact.

I’d hope you understand that plenty exists which you don’t see.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 10-04-2023, 06:35 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,289,908 times
Quote:
You are right, I don't visit Twitter. I prefer message boards where you can continue dialogue with posters who you get to know. I'm on them all day, talk to and hear from people on both ends of the political spectrum such as this board. And again I have never seen one liberal defend the shooter at the baseball game. But one day here and I will see dozens of people defending or dismissing criminal activities such as the J6ers, Trump stealing and sharing top secret docs or creating fake electors. One in this thread actually promoted violence against our elected officials.

The GOP is in compete disarray. They ousted their Speaker and they are at war with each other, Congress is not functioning today because that party is so screwed up as they increase the political divide. Trump is attacking the very man who will determine the fate of his company, the judge in his trial. Libs are just sitting back and laughing.
Two or three posts in this thread have really disturbed me. I'm well aware of the hatred that many on the right have for Biden, lib-urr-als, the democrat party, people who live in big cities, etc. I don't find that surprising.

What I didn't expect to hear were people who actually don't care about concepts like rule of law. At least one person has said he'd prefer a right wing dictatorship to what we have now or anarchy. I bet the same person thinks he is a patriotic American and even flies the flag.

Part of me would like to try to find some way to build a bridge to the more reasonable conservative elements in this country. However, that becomes impossible if the republican nominee for President is a man who is openly contemptuous and disdainful of rule of law. A man who has been impeached twice, indicted by four separate criminal courts, and is currently on trial for committing civil fraud should not be President of the United States. That much should be clear to anyone. It is not a question of comparing the behavior to other behavior they don't like. Its simply a question of standing up and saying: "We support conservatism, but do not support someone like Trump serving as President". There can be no compromise as long as they are willing to allow Trump to do as he will.

Yesterday, Trump was handed a gag order by the New York court because he pointed out there was a photograph of the judge's law clerk next to democrat senator, Chuck Schumer and somehow insisted this prevented him from getting a fair trial. This has nothing to do with charges that Trump or his organization committed civil fraud. As a result of this, this clerk will likely receive death threats and other harassment. Trump knows what he is doing. He understands he has the ability to intimidate virtually anyone because of his base.

This is not normal and not the way that responsible people behave. In an ideal world, both parties would call this behavior out. The fact that the right is willing to tolerate Trump is strong evidence of how far they have gone downhill. They either support Trump (and his unacceptable behavior) or they are too afraid to speak up.

Last edited by markg91359; 10-04-2023 at 06:45 AM..

Old 10-04-2023, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Well stated!!

This is not close to what Trump did. When someone makes a higher offer that is the new value, just like a house. There is no fraud. When someone states one value to secure favorable loans, and then another value to get lower taxes that is fraud. The laws are very clear about that.

Old 10-04-2023, 06:36 AM

2,437 posts, read 1,214,424 times
Quote:

“No man’s life, liberty or property are safe while the Legislature is in session.”

-Gideon John Tucker

Old 10-04-2023, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Two or three posts in this thread have really disturbed me. I'm well aware of the hatred that many on the right have for Biden, lib-urr-als, the democrat party, people who live in big cities, etc. I don't find that surprising.

What I didn't expect to hear were people who actually don't care about concepts like rule of law. At least one person has said he'd prefer a right wing dictatorship to what we have now or anarchy.

Part of me would like to try to find some way to build a bridge to the more reasonable conservative elements in this country. However, that becomes impossible if the republican nominee for President is a man who is openly contemptuous and disdainful of rule of law. A man who has been impeached twice, indicted by four separate criminal courts, and is currently on trial for committing civil fraud should not be President of the United States. That much should be clear to anyone. It is not a question of comparing the behavior to other behavior they don't like. Its simply a question of standing up and saying: "We support conservatism, but do not support someone like Trump serving as President". There can be no compromise as long as they are willing to allow Trump to do as he will.

Yesterday, Trump was handed a gag order by the New York court because he pointed out there was a photograph of the judge's law clerk next to democrat senator, Chuck Schumer and somehow insisted this prevented him from getting a fair trial. This has nothing to do with charges that Trump or his organization committed civil fraud. As a result of this, this clerk will likely receive death threats and other harassment. Trump knows what he is doing. He understands he has the ability to intimidate virtually anyone because of his base.

This is not normal and not the way that responsible people behave. In an ideal world, both parties would call this behavior out. The fact that the right is willing to tolerate Trump is strong evidence of how far they have gone downhill. They either support Trump (and his unacceptable behavior) or they are too afraid to speak up.
Well stated. I will never stop believing the Trump group has totally lost their ability to distinguish right from wrong. I'm still waiting for someone to defend the idea that Biden should be prosecuted but Trump should not be. Nobody has taken me up on my offer which should surprise nobody.

Old 10-04-2023, 07:31 AM

5,805 posts, read 2,934,065 times
Quote:
Well stated. I will never stop believing the Trump group has totally lost their ability to distinguish right from wrong. I'm still waiting for someone to defend the idea that Biden should be prosecuted but Trump should not be. Nobody has taken me up on my offer which should surprise nobody.
I think you are missing the point.
People are tired of the government. Tired of lying politicians. Tired of wars, rich getting richer, inflation, deficit and declining quality of life. Biden, Clinton, Bush are all more of the same.
People like trump not because he is great at any one thing , but he is a tiny bit of hope people have left and that he is not a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City