Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2023, 09:26 AM

7,903 posts, read 7,875,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
Major win for a slime ball AG? AG isnt qualified to be in office and is there because she is the right gender and race.
yall say anything for a response and enflame bait tactics without having any viable proof of what you're talking about. this happens a lot on this board
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2023, 10:19 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Not defending him, but when you apply for the loan you estimate your property. The bank does their own appraisal and comes back what they think the property is worth and lends off that price.

No bank is going to accept what you think the property is worth and lends off that price.

Another BS lawsuit.
When the appraiser goes along with the scheme that's how it can happen. I knew many appraisers who were in the real estate business themselves, they weren't a separate entity above it all. Buddies do favor for buddies because they will get favorable treatment in the future. Maybe vacations or other treats off the books.

I knew a couple of people 20+ years ago who got caught inflating real estate appraisals to obtain larger loans. They were found guilty and paid big fines but not sure they were given jail terms, likely probation, been a long time, can't remember details.

Real estate can be shady and some people like to push limits hoping they don't get caught, saying "but everyone's doing the same thing." When banks give inflated loans on over-appraised properties it does hurt when people start bailing on paying their mortgages. White collar criminals are still criminals.

Old 09-28-2023, 10:21 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
When the appraiser goes along with the scheme that's how it can happen. I knew many appraisers who were in the real estate business themselves, they weren't a separate entity above it all. Buddies do favor for buddies because they will get favorable treatment in the future. Maybe vacations or other treats off the books.

I knew a couple of people 20+ years ago who got caught inflating real estate appraisals to obtain larger loans. They were found guilty and paid big fines but not sure they were given jail terms, likely probation, been a long time, can't remember details.

Real estate can be shady and some people like to push limits hoping they don't get caught, saying "but everyone's doing the same thing." When banks give inflated loans on over-appraised properties it does hurt when people start bailing on paying their mortgages. White collar criminals are still criminals.
but that isn’t what this is about , it has nothing to do with crooked appraisers.

this is because trump way over stated his net worth as the guarantor for the loans with fraudulent documents

that is fraud

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-28-2023 at 10:41 AM..

Old 09-28-2023, 11:15 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,027,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
but that isn’t what this is about , it has nothing to do with crooked appraisers.

this is because trump way over stated his net worth as the guarantor for the loans with fraudulent documents

that is fraud
Those fraudulent documents had to include appraisals of his RE properties because RE is his main business.
You, being in NYC, must have more details from newspapers than me but I heard he lied hugely about the square footage of his personal condo along with inflating it's value.

Someone had to come up with those inflated numbers and I expect his defense will be that he relied on the appraisals he was given, whatever the source. My story referred to the appraiser being buddy-buddy with the person who hired them for the appraisal, very common relationship when someone is in RE business.

Old 09-28-2023, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle22 View Post
Those fraudulent documents had to include appraisals of his RE properties because RE is his main business.
You, being in NYC, must have more details from newspapers than me but I heard he lied hugely about the square footage of his personal condo along with inflating it's value.

Someone had to come up with those inflated numbers and I expect his defense will be that he relied on the appraisals he was given, whatever the source. My story referred to the appraiser being buddy-buddy with the person who hired them for the appraisal, very common relationship when someone is in RE business.
well that wasn’t the case . he came up with his net worth on the other properties not being financed .

anything relating to value was produced by him and his own people.

anyone else involved was either indicted or flipped if they were involved.

so far all we are hearing is about people in the trump organization going down

At one point, Engoron pointed to Trump's having exaggerated the size of his New York apartment to pump up its value, repeatedly claiming it was over 30,000 feet when it was a third of that size.

“A discrepancy of this order of magnitude, by a real estate developer sizing up his own living space of decades, can only be considered fraud,” Engoron wrote.

He found Trump, his sons Don Jr. and Eric and their companies liable for fraud.”
Engoron noted that from 2011 to 2021, the Palm Beach County assessor appraised the market value of Mar-a-Lago at $18 million to $27.6 million. Trump's financial statements, meanwhile, put the club's value at almost $427 million to $612 million.

She said the judge's findings, including the one "that Mar-a-Lago is worth approximately $20 million," is "an affront to our legal system."

Last edited by mathjak107; 09-28-2023 at 12:33 PM..

Old 09-28-2023, 01:21 PM

6,680 posts, read 6,022,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by under a mountain View Post
Goldman and Wall St nearly crash the economy in 2008 with their crappy MBS's , JP Morgan is fined 75 million in a child trafficking scheme, yet they all continue to do business in NYC.

Yet Trump industries gets the death penalty. Weird isn't it. I wonder what is going on?
Yes! These are the same people who funded Jeffrey Epstein and Mark Zuckerberg - who later succumbed to their interests in censoring people whose viewpoints they disagreed with - especially with the very useless and dangerous Pfizer vaccine (also funded by BlackRock - who owns almost the entirety of Pfizer).

Who here trusts bankers? Due to the recent Fed hikes, they’re supposed to pay you higher interests if you have a savings account with them - but they don’t. They LOVE to charge you high credit card interests rates though - realize this - even though it is YOUR money that they’re using to lend others to make more money.

I am not a religious person, but these are of the same shady people - the “money changers” since the beginning of time whom Jesus whipped out of the temple and then three days later he was hanging on the cross! So dare not say anything against the bankers, conglomerate investment firms like Vanguard and BlackRock or any of their paid-for pawns! Trump is a saint in comparison!

And by the way, back during the Presidential debate, Hillary wanted Trump to show his tax returns and he said something along the lines of “I’m using exactly the tax credits and benefits you are which is why your administration never got rid of them!”

Old 09-28-2023, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormgal View Post
Yes! These are the same people who funded Jeffrey Epstein and Mark Zuckerberg - who later succumbed to their interests in censoring people whose viewpoints they disagreed with - especially with the very useless and dangerous Pfizer vaccine (also funded by BlackRock - who owns almost the entirety of Pfizer).

Who here trusts bankers? Due to the recent Fed hikes, they’re supposed to pay you higher interests if you have a savings account with them - but they don’t. They LOVE to charge you high credit card interests rates though - realize this - even though it is YOUR money that they’re using to lend others to make more money.

I am not a religious person, but these are of the same shady people - the “money changers” since the beginning of time whom Jesus whipped out of the temple and then three days later he was hanging on the cross! So dare not say anything against the bankers, conglomerate investment firms like Vanguard and BlackRock or any of their paid-for pawns! Trump is a saint in comparison!

And by the way, back during the Presidential debate, Hillary wanted Trump to show his tax returns and he said something along the lines of “I’m using exactly the tax credits and benefits you are which is why your administration never got rid of them!”
did hillary have 6 bankruptcies like trump ?

Old 09-28-2023, 01:39 PM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
did hillary have 6 bankruptcies like trump ?
She got something worse. Trail of dead people.

Old 09-28-2023, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
She got something worse. Trail of dead people.
now that is funny

Old 09-28-2023, 01:44 PM

5,804 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
now that is funny
Almost as funny as Nafta?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City