Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 10:36 AM

33 posts, read 37,983 times

Advertisements

I have lived in NYC basically all of my life and find too many of these women to be obsessed solely with finding a husband/worker bee to support them and their extravagant lifestyle...basically going from parents to pay their bills straight to a husband/boyfriend/sucker to pay their bills.

Why are women so obsessed with finding the bank account of their dreams in NYC? It is really sad to find so many women jumping from guy to guy for a nice dinner, free drinks, and providing them a lifestyle they cannot afford, sustain, or deserve. It is really unnerving and a sad testament of the state of affairs of too many women in NYC....as a man living in NYC...I find it utterly appauling and sad...as these women will ultimately never find what they are looking for and make everyone's lives miserable because of it.

It is especially bad with white women, and the many throngs of girls who have recently arrived here from Nowheresville, Iowa trying desperately to live the Sex and the City lifestyle while living off parents and sharing an apt with 4 other girls (you know who you are).

I mean seriously...do these women have any respect for themselves?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:45 AM

1,278 posts, read 4,099,687 times
lol....I was waiting for someone to start an "anti NYC women thread" to combat the other man thread

What makes you think women are obsessed with finding a bank account?? I think successful women are drawn to successful men. I also think many men would have a problem dating someone who makes twice what they do, so I don't think it is fair to blame it all on the women.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:46 AM

Okay you are adding to your post, you are kidding right?

Old 08-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Lol..I am just pointing out how silly the "other" thread is. But for the record if it were successful women seeking successful men...it would be a nonissue..but it is oftentimes very unsuccessful women seeking a free ride so they can sit home, shop, and gossip with other equally caddy/money obsessed women.

Nonetheless, the point of the thread was to mock the "other" thread.

Last edited by Viralmd; 08-05-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-04-2008, 10:58 AM

943 posts, read 4,259,199 times
Most of us males just want sex anyway. If you get suckered by a female you can't really complain. Besides the same way that many females cry victim when they know they only want sex, I know some guys that either think trickin is cool or don't even know when a chick is basically pimpin them. I think the fact that you are in NYC gives you no excuse for getting suckered anyway. You should develop some type of street savvy and be hip to this type of stuff anyway.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 AM

agreed ogplife...guys are a victim of their impulses..and women in this city take full advantage and exploit it to the fullest. It is terribly sad what they make us go through...being valued by your bank account is really a pathetic way to find a boyfriend!

Old 08-04-2008, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotizedd View Post
Lol..I am just pointing out how silly the "other" thread is. But for the record if it were successful women seeking successful men...it would be a nonissue..but it is oftentimes very unsuccessful women seeking a free ride so they can sit home, shop, and gossip with other equally caddy/money obsessed women.

Nonetheless, the point of the thread was to mock the "other" thread.
Agreed, her post was way out of line, I dont understand why somone from Iowa doesnt understand that WHITE men can be just as bad. I know they have poor white people in Iowa. For some reason I think she only sees the bad in the "bad apple" people of color b/c thats what she chooses to see.

Bottom line walk through a really poor area of people of color and you might have something said to you. Walk through a really poor area of white people, and you are equally as likely to have something said to you.

Last edited by Viralmd; 08-05-2008 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-04-2008, 11:31 AM

5 posts, read 9,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudbeckia View Post
Agreed, her post was way out of line, I dont understand why somone from nowwheresville, Iowa doesnt understand that WHITE men can be just as bad. I know they have poor white people in Iowa. For some reason I think she only sees the bad in the "bad apple" people of color b/c thats what she chooses to see.

Bottom line walk through a really poor area of people of color and you might have something said to you. Walk through a really poor area of white people, and you are equally as likely to have something said to you.
I would love to see instances of this.. Is that a hypothetical suggestion? Like a maybe?

Or have you ACTUALLY felt threatened and victimized by White/Asian men?

Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 AM

1,915 posts, read 7,985,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsMeBeeches View Post
I would love to see instances of this.. Is that a hypothetical suggestion? Like a maybe?

Or have you ACTUALLY felt threatened and victimized by White/Asian men?
Map of registered offenders in your neighborhood

Sex offenders come in all colors... undeniable proof.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:50 AM

5 posts, read 9,145 times
No

I am talking about PERSONAL experiences.. Don't give me some link to a random article.

I can counter it by saying there's way more men of color per capita causing crimes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City