Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2012, 07:23 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,255,169 times

Advertisements

I would say the poorest of the poor are not leaving anywhere ever. Where would they go if the city don't start rounding them up and implement mass deportations. So it's gonna be a fight for living room by ghetto folks some somewhat decent HPD residents and some hipsters who think it's cool to live in a commune in some converted warehouse with proximity to the city to party.

My guess is though that at some point the hipsters are gonna turn to hard drugs they are not going to be able to resist the abundance right outside their front porch.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:25 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,409,669 times
where should all the ghetto people go, as you say, since they have no money to move and barely enough nutritional food to eat?

Old 03-06-2012, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
where should all the ghetto people go, as you say, since they have no money to move and barely enough nutritional food to eat?
I did not say that. Thee poorest of the poor are the ghetto ppl and some decent welfare mothers who are trying and struggling they are not leaving ever.

Old 03-06-2012, 07:48 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,409,669 times
^ I was not referring to you. I was asking in general. But it seems that whoever runs the social programs has a monopoly on providing the needs of the poor, so nothing will ever be done to get the masses out of their lower class level of existence short of oppurtunites for every american, unless they just starve to death and disappear. Some might wish that, but that will never happen in this civilized country.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:15 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
^ I was not referring to you. I was asking in general. But it seems that whoever runs the social programs has a monopoly on providing the needs of the poor, so nothing will ever be done to get the masses out of their lower class level of existence short of oppurtunites for every american, unless they just starve to death and disappear. Some might wish that, but that will never happen in this civilized country.
I agree especially since the elitest of this country make a ton of money off of these social programs, if they poor and disinfranchised die off the wealthy would their workers will be screwed.

Old 03-06-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I would say the poorest of the poor are not leaving anywhere ever. Where would they go if the city don't start rounding them up and implement mass deportations. So it's gonna be a fight for living room by ghetto folks some somewhat decent HPD residents and some hipsters who think it's cool to live in a commune in some converted warehouse with proximity to the city to party.

My guess is though that at some point the hipsters are gonna turn to hard drugs they are not going to be able to resist the abundance right outside their front porch.
I agree, when therecis no more blacks, jamaicans and Dominicans to arrest cops will probably start searching Hipsters for drugs. Hipsters are big time rec drug users. If I was a cop in up and coming areas I would frisk a hipster in no time he and she will spend a night in central booking.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 03-06-2012 at 09:58 AM..

Old 03-06-2012, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I agree, when therecis no more blacks, jamaicans and Dominicans to arrest cops will probably start searching Hipsters for drugs. Hipsters are big time rec drug users. If I was a cop in up and coming areas I would frisk a hipster in no time and Hector she will spend a night in central booking.
Right now hipsters are only happy recreational drug users, but there comes a time when daddy's money are spent and they turn to full blown junkies and starts turning tricks at the corner to finance their evergrowing crave for numbing stuff. Sad.

Old 03-06-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Right now hipsters are only happy recreational drug users, but there comes a time when daddy's money are spent and they turn to full blown junkies and starts turning tricks at the corner to finance their evergrowing crave for numbing stuff. Sad.
Indeed. I met a chick from Portland a year ago on Bruckner boulevard she was talking about weed, surprisingly I knew a lot about weed too even though I don't smoke it, I managed to carry on the conversation with her.

Old 03-06-2012, 02:36 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,880 times
Quote:
They should move down south where you get more bang for your buck. That's where a lot of poor/ghetto people are migrating to. A lot of NY puerto ricans have migrated to Florida, specifically Orlando. NY Black people are moving back to their southern roots and migrating back to Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina, etc. Other NY Blacks move to PA if they refuse to go south.

Besides poor/ghetto people can transfer their Section 8 vouchers anywhere in the U.S. What people need to understand is that NYC is an EXPENSIVE city to live in and it will ALWAYS be that way. It will NEVER change but get MORE expensive. If you can not afford NY, the smart thing is to move to a State where the cost of living is much lower. Don't force yourself to live in NY just because you like it here, grew up here, or have family members near by. At the end of the day, you have to look out for yourself and family and if NY is sucking you dry, then start looking to move to another State.

Old 03-06-2012, 03:11 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
I tend to agree with that in principle..and alot of lower-income people have moved to places in Pennsylvania for a better life. They can buy a house for literally $30,000 or less...a whole house! I have several family members, mostly lower-income (ghetto types) who have left to Pennsylvania and Florida to buy homes, and a better quality of life..and they all are glad they did. The alternative was to continue in poverty, in the same absymal housing complexes, on programs, never creating any wealth or security for their families.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City