Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:03 PM

270 posts, read 748,782 times

Advertisements

do an appeal and bring a copy of that pdf file, that shows that info..! it just was not fair in your case

Old 04-29-2010, 07:52 PM

78 posts, read 199,907 times
Cool living with parents. what are the odds?

I am in my mid 20's and am living with my parents. However, I file my own taxes. (independent) I was wondering if this makes me my own "household"? Also, do they consider living with my parents a negative when considering me for an apartment or will they see it as a plus because of my age? If i write on the application that I live in a 3 bedroom with my parents and brother but am looking to live on my own, will my application be rejected? Do I put on the application that my parents are my "landlord" since I pay them money every month to stay there? Im afraid they will do a home visit, see I live with my parents and belive that I dont need the apartment when the truth is I need to get out on my own. I know these are alot of questions but if anyone can give me any input that would be greatly appreciated. thanx.

Old 04-29-2010, 08:04 PM

i dont see why that would be an issue, you work, over 18, and need to get out on your own. I see no reason why they would deny your app.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:25 AM

123 posts, read 310,153 times
I have an interview Thursday May 6 with Silver Towers II.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhyno View Post
No waiting in line for the lottery? Exactly who manages your building and how did they get River Place along with the others to comply with them? That program sounds great (but I hope there isnt any corruption involved there.). I'm would assume there are units reserved only for that program, seperate from the lottery. If not, X would be skipping thousands of applicants, approved tenants & people on the building's waiting list. In any case, I wish you good fortune!

Secondly, I am certain of the following: you would receive a washer/dryer in these units. Wood Flooring occupies River Place II units. Both market-rate and affordable units.

On a lighter note, I certainly agree with that program's agenda. Great tenants derive from all income ranges. Moreover, Building owners should take advantage of the 80/20 program. It's in their favor as well. It drives more tenant/building occupancy to their developments while also receiving substantial tax-breaks.

------------
I Have an interview tomarrow with Silver Towers II.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:35 AM

3 posts, read 10,251 times
Hi, I am puzzled with what is going on in River Place II. My close friend was invited for an interview and passed income eligibility stage and then they put him off stating that there are no apartments available (he applied for a 1 bedroom, has a son with him.) THey said everything is O.K, just no vacancies. The friend is devastated cause he spent a lot of time collecting all necessary documents and bills, etc, and all in vain. The worker told him that he does not know when he might be called from the waiting list- "in a year or two or may be never." It seems strange: why to do all these work if they do not have apartments even. And I see that other people continue being invited, so does it mean that they still take more people when they do not have vacancies even, or they just turned off my friend by some reason? What do people think? Thanks so much

Old 05-05-2010, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mochanyc6 View Post
Hi everyone received a posting in my building about a new 80/20 located 125 W 31st called the epic. I can work with tenant services in my building for more information. Good Luck
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrhyno View Post
I'm aware of low income tenants in the Silverstein development's (River Place I) case in pont. Thanks for the updates. Even after you obtain your apartment, updates would be appreciated (pics will be fawned over, lol. Silverstein along with the architects did an incredible job on this development. The name itself: "Silver Towers" is grandeur.).

Again, the agenda of the program is gr8! But their agenda seems also to provide awareness of 80/20 to other building owners. It certainly seems to be a fair tradeoff to me. It benefits everyone.

Finally, Im not certain if the unit that you may seal will actually be one of the lottery units (these units have strict criteria and we're intended to be occupied via the lottery then eligibility), but you seem pretty sure. If so then you are indeed bypassing everyone that applied for the lottery. That really doesn't seem feasible!

Keep us updated and I hope for a positive outcome on both parts!

I have an interview tomarrow Thursday May 6th for Silver Towers II. Keep you posted

Old 05-05-2010, 09:13 AM

mocha, let me know how it goes and if u get thru the whole interview, becuase Me and my Girlfriend have HIGH HOPES,it would be a great place to raise our 2 young children, we should meet the requirements for a 2BEDROOM. ,

also let me know if they care more about your CURRENT income this year, because according to me and my girlfriends income last year combined, we dont make the minimum, by only a little though. BUT this year, we'll fall right in between the MIN and MAX the require. Also let me know if they give u that run around about no apts available. WHICH i find odd, since wasnt this bldg just built last year, and NOW they're calling people in? how would they have already filled all the affordable apts. Aren't they NOW just calling people in , i guess month by month and filling apts.

also if u can, tell me the step by step process of that interview. AND how the person doing the interview is. NICE person? MEAN? thanks man

Last edited by emulator; 05-05-2010 at 09:30 AM..

Old 05-05-2010, 03:48 PM

I receive section8 and disability and qualified for the interview. I believe they still have apts available otherwise why go in for the interview. I find that odd also about apts being unavailable. I believe they are still under contruction in the second tower. Just dont call me man lol I'm elisabeth I'll definately keep everyone posted...nervous

Old 05-05-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emulator View Post
mocha, let me know how it goes and if u get thru the whole interview, becuase Me and my Girlfriend have HIGH HOPES,it would be a great place to raise our 2 young children, we should meet the requirements for a 2BEDROOM. ,

also let me know if they care more about your CURRENT income this year, because according to me and my girlfriends income last year combined, we dont make the minimum, by only a little though. BUT this year, we'll fall right in between the MIN and MAX the require. Also let me know if they give u that run around about no apts available. WHICH i find odd, since wasnt this bldg just built last year, and NOW they're calling people in? how would they have already filled all the affordable apts. Aren't they NOW just calling people in , i guess month by month and filling apts.

also if u can, tell me the step by step process of that interview. AND how the person doing the interview is. NICE person? MEAN? thanks man
When exactly is your interview? I was reading the forum. Is it soon?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery