Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:01 PM

784 posts, read 2,729,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevedark View Post
Don't limit your horizons to the grotesque and slimy worlds of PR and latter day Gordo Gekkos who insist you have to be hungry. You still have a chance to be a worthwhile human being who can contribute something to the world.

Find a school, study, and try to do something good with yourself.
Hah! Contribute something to the world? In the real world, the only thing that matters is money - how much $$ can you bring in to the bottom line? This is for 99% of the relevant industries in NYC - Wall Street, Fashion, Law, and Media. Hell, even higher education has turned into a business. Professors get fired if they don't produce enough award winning research papers - which lead to increased grant money for the school.

Do you suggest she become a teacher? Or a nun perhaps? There is nothing wrong with PR! And there is nothing wrong with being hungry and having ambitions in life.

Last edited by NYCAnalyst; 11-06-2009 at 09:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2010, 02:31 PM

1 posts, read 754 times
Hi , Im actually interested in going to Hunter College, I am transferring from Connecticut for many reasons, the tuition and so forth. I decided I wanted to stay and commute at home and Hunter came to my mind. Does anyone know anything about the teaching program? I don't know of any alumni.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City