Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2011, 05:29 PM

41 posts, read 72,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olo123 View Post
Thanks Trag. Since most of us are going to either the Bronx or manhattan I want to choose a decent garage in the city. (I'm from SI) any ideas? As usual greatly appreciated.
I'm from SI too, but it's my understanding that you're just placed. No choices to pick. Wherever they put us, they put us.

1 week down, 1039 until retirement!

Old 09-16-2011, 10:49 PM

176 posts, read 374,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJHD View Post
hello, my list # is 158* I have a cdl and I was told that I passed the medical. What to expect next?
If Pre- Empl is done, Medical done & passed, they know you have your CDL already, your just waiting for a Final Processing call.

Old 09-17-2011, 07:37 AM

253 posts, read 540,256 times
I'm not trying to start rumors. Passing along info I heard from a few different people. Supposedly they are looking for around 400 more guys next year (just hear say)... Take it with a grain a salt... But this might be some good news fro guys with higher list numbers...

Old 09-17-2011, 07:45 AM

253 posts, read 540,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acasa7474 View Post
Just passed my CDL road test. Actually all 8 guys in my group passed today in the bronx. Now just waiting for final processing. See you all hopefully in the October class.
Congrats...

Old 09-17-2011, 08:36 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7xxSanitList View Post
I'm not trying to start rumors. Passing along info I heard from a few different people. Supposedly they are looking for around 400 more guys next year (just hear say)... Take it with a grain a salt... But this might be some good news fro guys with higher list numbers...
They have to set the bar a little higher then that, say 800 next year, because it seems like whatever they ask for they get 50% or less of that amount.

The problem is that Bloomberg is a lame duck mayor on his way out, so
he doesn't care who he screws especially more so towards the end of his "illegal" 3rd term as mayor.

The right thing to do in my opinion would be to place the list numbers
in either the 1st and 2nd round who don't get called from the 6063(#6758) list in front of the new list when it's established in 2014.

Either that or +10 points on the next exam.
What "They" did to the 6063 list is criminal and they are going to have to pay for it either now or later.

Old 09-17-2011, 08:50 AM

116 posts, read 240,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
They have to set the bar a little higher then that, say 800 next year, because it seems like whatever they ask for they get 50% or less of that amount.

The problem is that Bloomberg is a lame duck mayor on his way out, so
he doesn't care who he screws especially more so towards the end of his "illegal" 3rd term as mayor.

The right thing to do in my opinion would be to place the list numbers
in either the 1st and 2nd round who don't get called from the 6063(#6758) list in front of the new list when it's established in 2014.

Either that or +10 points on the next exam.
What "They" did to the 6063 list is criminal and they are going to have to pay for it either now or later.
I don't understand why you keep saying that. How exactly is it "criminal"? There is no guarantee how many will be called off a list & in fact thousands of people take civil service exams & never have their number reached. I know you are upset at not being reached, but seriously those suggestions (putting people AHEAD of the new people in 2014 or adding 10 points as an "apology" for not reaching them is more criminal, imo. In fact, it's crazy, what would happen to the whole civil service system if everyone who didn't get called off one list got preferential treatment on the next.

There is NOTHING criminal about what they did. And I'm not sure I understand why you think there is.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:26 PM

156 posts, read 327,319 times
For a SI guy... I think Man 5, Man 4, Man 2, Man 1 are good... Also Bklyn 10,7, or any bklyn garage right off the belt would be nice for ya.

If you get BX 7,8.... Look out

You dont get a pick out of class but you can put in a xfer as soon as you get to the garage.

Old 09-17-2011, 02:29 PM

128 posts, read 268,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trag672 View Post
For a SI guy... I think Man 5, Man 4, Man 2, Man 1 are good... Also Bklyn 10,7, or any bklyn garage right off the belt would be nice for ya.

If you get BX 7,8.... Look out

You dont get a pick out of class but you can put in a xfer as soon as you get to the garage.
Trag where do u work? Anyways owe u a brewski lol.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:38 PM

86 posts, read 145,120 times
I wish all the guys in the class now and the ones coming up luck. I just want to say one thing about what garage you go to when you finish training. Usually they send you wherever whether you like it or not. If somone has a hook they can get into just about any garage where people are needed. (other than staten island of course). If you have even a small hook, you can avoid the bronx. That's just about the only boro that no one wants to go. So speak up to anyone you know, even san men. You never know, it may keep you in a decent garage.

Old 09-17-2011, 04:58 PM

146 posts, read 248,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonstatham View Post
We won't find out after 2 weeks from medical date? They will have to pass our list number? Where did you hear this from? DCAS? HR? Medical Division?
From hr and 44 beaver
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City