Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2010, 06:21 AM

389 posts, read 775,060 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABE123 View Post
also i managed to pretty much get a gu spot in the garage which i actually like alot...theyd rather send out the other guys and keep me in the garage.....same thing when i got sent to 11 the other day i put the chains on the tires in like 15secs and the gu there kept me in the garage and sent the other 2 people i went to 11 with to go out and change a tire on a highway or somthing...i bust my ass but id rather be learning about the trucks and getting to kno people than sitting in a truck thats stuck in snow for 11hrs which happened to one of the other ojt guys.. he came back freezing cause the fuel ran out lol

i still want to go to q7 cause its the closest to my house and i want to see how its like over there but if i dont like it im gunna be putting a transfer to q12 its a great garage and its a good place to get thru probation
good one more guy for q7 so i don't have to keep going there

Old 12-30-2010, 06:35 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Sanitation workers selfishly slowed down the cleanup - NYPOST.com

Old 12-30-2010, 08:02 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,729 times
Figures that was in the NY Post, when will Bloomberg and his minions be held accountable?
The only probing that needs to be done is how did Bloomberg's net worth quadruple since he became mayor in 2001.

Makes you wonder why somebody would spend so much money on a campaign to get re elected.
By the way great job DSNY, don't have any complaints here, you guys and girls did a great job.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:03 AM

146 posts, read 259,212 times
Absolute lie this clown needs to identify those who told them there was a slowdown you know why because they dont exist. Just some two bit city councilman who needs a story to try to vault his political career. The New York Post should be ashamed of themselves .When it all comes out that this was a bull**** story they will print a retraction on page 53 one inch long. Snow is what keeps this department going not garbage we do snow better than anyone problem is we are short staffed (harry warned the city) and the holiday weekend. Many people returning home sunday abandoned there cars further impeding the process to go along with the 4000 buses that were dispatched. THIS STORM KICKED OUR ASSES but you have noone to blame but one person Deputy Mayor for Operations Stephen Goldsmith who wants to think he knows what he is doing . He was warned that we did not have enough personnel or supervision for a major storm!!!!!!! Guess what Goldsmith baby this aint the minor leagues . WELCOME TO NY you dip****.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 AM

172 posts, read 448,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullprick View Post
Absolute lie this clown needs to identify those who told them there was a slowdown you know why because they dont exist. Just some two bit city councilman who needs a story to try to vault his political career. The New York Post should be ashamed of themselves .When it all comes out that this was a bull**** story they will print a retraction on page 53 one inch long. Snow is what keeps this department going not garbage we do snow better than anyone problem is we are short staffed (harry warned the city) and the holiday weekend. Many people returning home sunday abandoned there cars further impeding the process to go along with the 4000 buses that were dispatched. THIS STORM KICKED OUR ASSES but you have noone to blame but one person Deputy Mayor for Operations Stephen Goldsmith who wants to think he knows what he is doing . He was warned that we did not have enough personnel or supervision for a major storm!!!!!!! Guess what Goldsmith baby this aint the minor leagues . WELCOME TO NY you dip****.
this should be forwarded to every newspaper in NY

Old 12-30-2010, 01:43 PM

43 posts, read 104,707 times
Of course the paper didn't say that the san worker was on a 7p-7a shift and that his truck was broken down and that he was on overtime (picture taken at 2 and a half hours into overtime - 15 hours of work straight)...

Old 12-30-2010, 02:04 PM

1,809 posts, read 7,063,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cirerm View Post
Of course the paper didn't say that the san worker was on a 7p-7a shift and that his truck was broken down and that he was on overtime (picture taken at 2 and a half hours into overtime - 15 hours of work straight)...
Psst, a NY Post photographer, that isn't even a real job, more like a hobby. Any dope can hold a camera and take
a photo.

That guy(Goldsmith) better watch his back, he is messing
around with people's livelihoods. It doesn't matter how many bodyguards this wimp has, if you play with fire you
will get burned.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:37 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,721,342 times
i dont understand why the department of sanitation handles all the residential garbage. it should be done by private companies.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:57 PM

253 posts, read 540,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i dont understand why the department of sanitation handles all the residential garbage. it should be done by private companies.
Why?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:05 PM

208 posts, read 438,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
And jersey should be a landfill although we are already starting that project...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City