Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 05:52 PM

58 posts, read 106,336 times

Advertisements

So I hear we might be headed back to FBF to finish off the "training"!!!!!!! Anybody got anything to say on that????

Old 01-14-2011, 04:13 AM

231 posts, read 466,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat6gsxr View Post
So I hear we might be headed back to FBF to finish off the "training"!!!!!!! Anybody got anything to say on that????

Enjoy the 8 hour days and having your weekend off again. They probably want to get you FEL and Mechanical Broom qualified. That takes 5 days. I think it was 3 on the FELs and 2 on the Brooms. And knowing DSNY they will probably still make you do the OJT night driving of relays, even though they threw you guys on plows and spreaders in the middle of a blizzard. They are very anti change. Perfect example is we used to be 7am-3pm in the winter and last year or so they changed it to 6am-2pm all year round, but yet when it snows they go back to 7am-7pm and then 7am-3pm towrads the end of the storm. I'm convinced its just b/c thats what all there snow work material says and thats just how they know and dont adjust and make the shifts 6am-6pm, so whne its time to get back to a regular schedule or they are anticipating snow the guys are just showing up at the same time.

Old 01-15-2011, 12:23 AM

4 posts, read 7,076 times
#17xx. cant wait for the call. . . would love to be a Sanitation cop. . . .anyone have any info on that

Old 01-15-2011, 12:31 AM

1,809 posts, read 7,059,811 times
I think you need at least 2 years on the job to make the switch. Very small workforce so I guess it's a long wait to
get on. The crooks who run the city had them plowing
during the snowstorms,

The Goldsmith Rule:
Do Shovel It Onto Others

Here is some more info.

New York City Department of Sanitation Police - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-15-2011, 02:08 PM

11 posts, read 21,777 times
Trust me u don't want to be a toy cop. Join the nyPd if that's ur goal

Old 01-15-2011, 02:10 PM

172 posts, read 447,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bknorth View Post
Trust me u don't want to be a toy cop. Join the nyPd if that's ur goal
agree!

Old 01-15-2011, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
i think you need at least 2 years on the job to make the switch. Very small workforce so i guess it's a long wait to
get on. The crooks who run the city had them plowing
during the snowstorms,

The goldsmith rule:
do shovel it onto others

here is some more info.

new york city department of sanitation police - wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thanks

Old 01-15-2011, 08:58 PM

NYPD wants me to be a college grad for that. . . listen im an EMT, and at one time a really hard working 731 laborer. . . .i will love being a SAN MAN, like half my uncles have. . . .just wondering about the SAN COP'S, , , ,thanks friends.

Old 01-16-2011, 08:08 AM

192 posts, read 401,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJU2000 View Post
Enjoy the 8 hour days and having your weekend off again. They probably want to get you FEL and Mechanical Broom qualified. That takes 5 days. I think it was 3 on the FELs and 2 on the Brooms. And knowing DSNY they will probably still make you do the OJT night driving of relays, even though they threw you guys on plows and spreaders in the middle of a blizzard. They are very anti change. Perfect example is we used to be 7am-3pm in the winter and last year or so they changed it to 6am-2pm all year round, but yet when it snows they go back to 7am-7pm and then 7am-3pm towrads the end of the storm. I'm convinced its just b/c thats what all there snow work material says and thats just how they know and dont adjust and make the shifts 6am-6pm, so whne its time to get back to a regular schedule or they are anticipating snow the guys are just showing up at the same time.
IIRC, the department asked Harry if they could keep it on the 7 rotations during snow to keep the lag between the plowing and GU'S/Garage Foremen to one hour. I believe there are also other personnel we coordinate with outside the dept that make the 7's more appropriate.

Old 01-16-2011, 11:45 AM

473 posts, read 931,928 times
26 days in a row has come to an end. What am I going to do with myself???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City