Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2010, 03:23 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,014,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
it was paki taliban

Pakistani Taliban claim failed New York bomb attack | Reuters

i wonder if real-estate prices will go down?
why would they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2010, 03:37 PM

9,239 posts, read 24,002,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Not according to the police commissioner.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36892505...rity?GT1=43001

Actually, I have a funny feeling that in the end it will prove to be one of our own ......once again.
Some right wing whacko who is upset that too many Americans will now have health care or not seeing the president's birth certificate and who has been watching too much of Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin on Fox.

Just speculation admittedly but at this point just as valid as the above claim.

Last edited by bluedog2; 05-02-2010 at 04:09 PM..

Old 05-02-2010, 03:40 PM

244 posts, read 663,282 times
Oh I see, . . we blow up innocent Pakistani people and their families and we excpect them not to get mad. We are creating enemies by the thousands and thousands.

America needs to pull out of Iraq, Afgan, and everywhere else and build up it's own home which is sinking fast.

The media keeps people living in fear over the fake "Al-Qaeda" monster.
The only thing people should be fearing is the corporate owned government.
The banks bought the government and they are bringing this country to its knees.
The military industrial complex controls the government.

I doubt this incident is related to the "flavor of the week Taliban" anyway.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:28 PM

1,178 posts, read 2,945,445 times
theres some rumors going around that this was over the south park cartoon that was aired last week about Muhammad.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:36 PM

5,706 posts, read 9,591,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInQueens View Post
Oh I see, . . we blow up innocent Pakistani people and their families and we excpect them not to get mad. We are creating enemies by the thousands and thousands.

America needs to pull out of Iraq, Afgan, and everywhere else and build up it's own home which is sinking fast.

The media keeps people living in fear over the fake "Al-Qaeda" monster.
The only thing people should be fearing is the corporate owned government.
The banks bought the government and they are bringing this country to its knees.
The military industrial complex controls the government.

I doubt this incident is related to the "flavor of the week Taliban" anyway.

And Bloomberg told the world last night that stuff like this happens in NYC because of New Yorkers freedoms. They just hate New Yorkers because of all the freedoms bestowed upon them. Goof grief. He sounded just like Dubya. The sad part is, people actually believe that bullcrap.

Old 05-02-2010, 09:40 PM

9,894 posts, read 21,960,538 times
Here we go again. I doubt it if the taliban was involved. They are not amatures. Because of this bomb scare the LAPD is on the usual hightened alert. Im just glad i dont live in nyc or los angeles. The most we deal with here in this area is illegal alians, greedy utility companies & landlords & teen girls sexting online. Yawnz.....

Old 05-02-2010, 10:15 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,543,025 times
I'm more surprised that they actually found parking by Times Sq.

Old 05-03-2010, 09:37 AM

8,307 posts, read 38,701,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by queensgrl View Post
A potentially powerful bomb discovered inside an SUV in Times Square led to a complete evacuation of the area last night. Tragedy was averted when a T-shirt vendor notified police. No news yet on who is responsible. Keep your eyes open and be safe!
The published list of bomb components, while potentially serious for people nearby, sounds like a pretty stupid bomb. Not exactly "high concept", if you know what I mean.

This could be the handy-work of a crazy or it could be something else.

The IRA would conduct probes of British security at a potential target by hiding suspicious looking packages. For example, an operative may leave a shipping box with wires protruding from a seam taped to the underside of a seat on a public train or a car with a clock wired to a drum in the backseat parked near a high-value building.

It was a way of gauging how long a bomb or other device could "sit" before being discovered or how alert the defenders were; finding vulnerability.

Maybe it's paranoid, but I worry that this is the sort of thing that is happening.

Old 05-03-2010, 10:01 AM

40,049 posts, read 34,509,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
The published list of bomb components, while potentially serious for people nearby, sounds like a pretty stupid bomb. Not exactly "high concept", if you know what I mean.
And that's exactly what you'd expect if directives are being given to people without a lot of scientific knowledge. The operatives, being at the low end of the scale and eminently disposable, are hardly likely to be the ones transporting (and using) high-tech devices.

In a city the size of New York, I believe we have plenty to worry about. And that we've been lucky not to have had to live through a repeat of September 11, 2001.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: