Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 09:18 AM

2 posts, read 84,815 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm looking for a black owned hair salon in the ny metro area. My hair is natural and I want to keep it healthy. I have a regular beautician and she's real good with my hair. I want to try getting a weave and the results of weaves that she has done does not appeal to me. If you know of any real good black owned salons in the area I mentioned, please share the info. I appreciate your replies.

Thanks a bunch

P.S.- I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan, go to school in Queens and visit the Bonx (LOL), so anywhere in those boroughs would be cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2007, 10:40 AM

51 posts, read 348,293 times
www.hairstylezbyoneika.com- (broken link) She's the best if you want a weave. She's featured in all the hair magazines and still is reasonably priced.

www.lavarhairdesigns.com- (broken link) Expensive but worth it- upper west side.

Let me know how it works out.

T

Old 06-13-2007, 12:47 PM

2 posts, read 84,815 times
Both sites you gave me don't work. Did you make a mistake? Thanks for your response :-)

Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 AM

1 posts, read 42,143 times
Use this

Welcome to LaVarHairDesigns.com

Home Page

Last edited by mingleloving; 06-23-2007 at 11:23 AM.. Reason: dont want the http:/

Old 06-24-2007, 08:11 PM

41 posts, read 241,870 times
Try Sensational Beauty Salon. I have been using them for the past 13 years. The owners name is Cherry.

She is located in the Bronx, on white plains road. Accessible by the 2 train.

here is the address and phone number:

Sensational Beauty & Barber Salon
4116A White Plains Road, Bronx, NY 10466
(718) 882-1632

they do everything. braids, weaving and more. They are not overpriced at all.

Old 06-24-2007, 08:42 PM

49 posts, read 288,516 times
Clara's on West 135th Street in Manhattan. Take the 2 or 3 to 135th and then walk toward the YMCA, it's about 20 meters from the Y. It's a Dominican salon and it's packed from morning till night for very good reasons.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:01 AM

1 posts, read 37,876 times
Whats up...If you want a weave when u come out the salon and they are thinking its your hair even though u walked in there bald headed...you need to go to G'Amore (may be wrong spelling) it is located on 129th St. and Lenox Ave. in Harlem!!! The name of the stylist is Nuncie!!! SHE IS THE BOMB!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bklynzpetite87 View Post
Hello,

I'm looking for a black owned hair salon in the ny metro area. My hair is natural and I want to keep it healthy. I have a regular beautician and she's real good with my hair. I want to try getting a weave and the results of weaves that she has done does not appeal to me. If you know of any real good black owned salons in the area I mentioned, please share the info. I appreciate your replies.

Thanks a bunch

P.S.- I live in Brooklyn, work in Manhattan, go to school in Queens and visit the Bonx (LOL), so anywhere in those boroughs would be cool.

Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM

1 posts, read 37,688 times
Hey,
Do u have the number for this salon? I tried to look it up on the internet but nothing came up. I am trying to get weave put in. I had bad experinces with weaves being to bulky n lookin unrealistic, so hopefully with this place i strike gold.

Thanks

Old 03-30-2009, 01:32 PM

1 posts, read 36,330 times
Hi my name is Krystal I just moved to NY and I am in need of a great Black hair stylist that can do everything to my hair like weave, braids, treat, etc. Can you please email me some information at sweet_kk_1@hotmail.com. My hair need to get done ASAP.

Old 03-31-2009, 08:33 PM

132 posts, read 446,158 times
G's Urban Hair Salon, corner of St. Marks and Flatbush in Park Slope (Brooklyn). Upscale salon they will take care of you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City