Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2010, 02:23 PM

239 posts, read 724,404 times

Advertisements

What do you think about Fulton Street?

What is Fulton Street like?

Anyone here from Clinton Hill or knows about Fulton Street let me know what you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2010, 06:03 PM

877 posts, read 2,013,238 times
Fulton St. as in Brooklyn?

I think I've only been there twice. But to me, it's pretty much like a little more ghetto version of 34th Herald Square, with all the same or similar shops and also a blend of Harlem in. Overall, it's pretty nice, since it's by the River. It's funny because the next few blocks, on Jay St., it's all quiet and nice.

Old 06-08-2010, 06:56 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
It's a ghetto mall selling mostly fake jewelry,bootleg clothing and merchandise,sneakers and cell phones.It is a place to avoid.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:09 PM

1,121 posts, read 6,554,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
It's a ghetto mall selling mostly fake jewelry,bootleg clothing and merchandise,sneakers and cell phones.It is a place to avoid.
Fulton Mall was extended into Clinton Hill? Since when?

Old 06-08-2010, 07:12 PM

13 posts, read 91,694 times
fulton street in bk or in manhattan?
bk-basically an outdoor street mall with stores like dr jays, young world, things like that. ive been there only once because i got a ticket in the subway and had to pay it, not sure if subway violations is still there though...??
however, it is good if you want bargains and cheap priced clothes
fulton st in manhattan has stores too and mostly office buildings

Old 06-08-2010, 07:22 PM

423 posts, read 1,281,125 times
First off, Fulton Street is a big street and honestly in most of it's run through Brooklyn, it's kinda bad.

And fulton street in Clinton Hill... I think you mean by the Clinton Washington Avenue stop on the C train... that area is really not like the rest of Clinton Hill, it looks run down. My old high school's football field was on Fulton street a block away from clinton washington and it was next to these (HUGE!) project buildings.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:05 PM

239 posts, read 724,404 times
Thanks for the comments. Yea im talking about the Fulton St. in Brooklyn.

Old 06-09-2010, 04:19 AM

278 posts, read 1,520,187 times
Fulton Street is very long. It runs from one end of Brooklyn to the other (from Down town/Brooklyn Heights through to East New York).

The down town part has a lot of fast food restaurants and stores like Dunkin Donuts, Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds, Modell's, Macy's, Kay Jeweler, Dr. J's etc. (by the way Fulton Mall was torn down)

As you travel towards Clinton Hill you see more apartments buildings, supermarkets, laundry mats, restaurants and salons/barber shops.

Keep going through to BedStuy and you run into another shopping area including fast food restaurants like Golden Krust, McDonalds, Rent A Center, Jennifer Furniture, small mom and pop stores and carribbean restaurants.

Further into East New York you see mostly apartment buildings and a few stores here and there.

I am not sure why you are inquiring but I wouldn't want to live on Fulton Street due to the noise and traffic however, if your opening a business it would be a great location.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:56 AM

412 posts, read 1,327,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post

Just like Fordham Road, and 149th & Third Avenue.

Old 06-09-2010, 06:28 PM

283 posts, read 521,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoaeve View Post
Just like Fordham Road, and 149th & Third Avenue.
Exactly. I'm like doesnt this dude live in the Bronx? What does he think of the "ghetto" shopping districts there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City