Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2007, 12:15 PM

835 posts, read 2,856,288 times

Advertisements

anyone know what the peek-n-peak area is like for snowboarding? i am looking for a good place to board...i know its gonna be hard to beat what colorado has to offer but i may be living in erie,pa and just want to know what the peek-n-peak conditions are like? is it crappy most of the time? i mean november-march can i get some good boarding in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2007, 12:27 PM

3,235 posts, read 8,715,586 times
You can get good riding conditions but I'm not a fan of any mountains in WNY. They are much much smaller than what you are used to. There is Bristol, Holiday Valley, Swain and Kissing Bridge to name a few. When I ride I just drive a couple hours northeast to the Adirondacks or VT and there are much better mountains.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:02 PM

131 posts, read 742,038 times
My husband is an avid boarder, and he claims the only place worth going to in WNY is Holiday Valley in Ellicottville.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:40 PM

136 posts, read 998,372 times
Default No lift lines!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthamove View Post
anyone know what the peek-n-peak area is like for snowboarding? i am looking for a good place to board...i know its gonna be hard to beat what colorado has to offer but i may be living in erie,pa and just want to know what the peek-n-peak conditions are like? is it crappy most of the time? i mean november-march can i get some good boarding in?
I've been to Peek-n-Peak once years ago and had a great time and I was born and raised on Colorado. I don't snowboard, I do telemarking downhill and cross-country skiing. In contrast to most of the Colorado Ski areas, you will have little or no wait in line to catch the next lift up, but the verticle is only about 500-600 feet if I remember correctly. But the place was low-key and relaxed with out any of the smugness, crowds and over-inflated prices you always encounter in Colorado. The snow will be much heavier and wetter than Colorado.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 AM

803 posts, read 2,969,899 times
I'm getting ready to move there, and have scoped out the lowdown on all the areas, and I keep hearing "Holiday Valley" come up as the best, so, as I bring my ancient Burton 6.1 Kelly up there this winter, I'll let ya' know what I find!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:29 AM

835 posts, read 2,856,288 times
yea i am likely moving to erie, pa within the month, just trying to make sure it has some good areas to board
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York