Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 07:57 AM

5,799 posts, read 4,203,503 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
^ Is this even true though? Meaning the thread topic, especially given the tenor of the original post. Where is the proof of this going on?
You're so funny. You argue with everything I say. Look around. Pay attention. Think. Common sense. Maybe you'e too close to these subjects and unable to look at both sides.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2022, 07:58 AM

94,529 posts, read 125,518,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
You're so funny. You argue with everything I say. Look around. Pay attention. Think. Common sense. Maybe you'e too close to these subjects and unable to look at both sides.
Read the previous post and take your own advice...

Old 03-11-2022, 08:31 AM

9,205 posts, read 6,404,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Already did.
Waiting on a call back from Governor Hitler. We’ll see if that happens…
Tree huggers beware, you are being duped with this law. Research is your friend.

I do not necessarily oppose safety inspections.
I would believe, and hope, that the average person does not want to die a fiery mangled death and would out of common sense, and self preservation, want to keep their vehicle somewhat road worthy. But the smog test is nothing more than a cash grab and political pandering.

You demean yourself and history by your reference. Go back to school to learn about Hitler and the Nazis. You really don't know anything about oppression and dictatorship.

Let me guess - product of NY schools? Looks as if you should do some research yourself about Hitler and the Nazis before you use references. I wish for a time machine so that all those who use Hitler as a current reference could actually live in Nazi Germany and see what oppression looks like.

No one can take you seriously when you spew drivel as you have here.

Old 03-11-2022, 09:39 AM

All my black friends have dark tinted windows. Guess how they feel about having to remove it to pass inspection? Then they have it put back on again.

Old 03-12-2022, 12:58 AM

11,677 posts, read 12,814,815 times
I have 2 older cars, one is 30 years old and the other a little younger. They haven't tested them for emissions in years because they are too old for that test. They do have to be inspected for brakes, lights, etc. I have no idea what HK is whining about now.

Old 03-12-2022, 01:58 AM

7,000 posts, read 4,015,889 times
Quote:
This is how democrats create jobs. Not through actually creating products for sale, but my making obsesive regulations, and hiring people to regulate the restrictions and "fix" the problems. All designed to hold back growth and gain control over us.
Do you even live in New York??? I'm guessing you don't. The emissions test has been part of the inspection for years.

And if someone can't afford to keep their car in proper working order, they shouldn't own one. In 21 years of owning cars, I've only had to deal with ONE emissions code issue (EVAP leak), and that wasn't found at inspection. OTOH, I've spent $$$$ on mechanical issues, like brakes and rotors, tie rods, tires, control arm bushings, etc. Some of those have been found during inspection, some not.

Old 03-12-2022, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Do you even live in New York??? I'm guessing you don't. The emissions test has been part of the inspection for years.

And if someone can't afford to keep their car in proper working order, they shouldn't own one. In 21 years of owning cars, I've only had to deal with ONE emissions code issue (EVAP leak), and that wasn't found at inspection. OTOH, I've spent $$$$ on mechanical issues, like brakes and rotors, tie rods, tires, control arm bushings, etc. Some of those have been found during inspection, some not.
21 years. Congratulations. Impressive, but you missed the point

Old 03-12-2022, 08:28 AM

^I think the point others are making is that this thread topic doesn’t make sense and you turned it into something, when there isn’t anything there. Essentially, you fell for the bait and turned something not political at all, into a political thing. This is why others on here were wondering where the OP got this from or asked questions.

Old 03-12-2022, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
^I think the point others are making is that this thread topic doesn’t make sense and you turned it into something, when there isn’t anything there. Essentially, you fell for the bait and turned something not political at all, into a political thing. This is why others on here were wondering where the OP got this from or asked questions.
The OP posted that it was unfair to poor people, who can't afford a newer car, end up with huge inspection costs for something that rarely affects the performance of the vehicle. So in this case, they feel targeted.

I stated a fact of why the law exists.

Calling everything political doesn't help solve anything, but it does work as a diversion. I get it.

Old 03-12-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
The OP posted that it was unfair to poor people, who can't afford a newer car, end up with huge inspection costs for something that rarely affects the performance of the vehicle. So in this case, they feel targeted.

I stated a fact of why the law exists.

Calling everything political doesn't help solve anything, but it does work as a diversion. I get it.
Where has it been proven that what he said is the case though? That is what everyone else is referring to.

No one else mentioned anything political except you. Hence, why it was even brought up.

Also, if anything, buying a new car isn't a good thing from an investment aspect, as it depreciates once off the lot. So, not buying a new car may be doing people with a lower income a favor from that stand point. Get a reasonable used car and call it a day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: