Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2009, 08:40 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,906,199 times

Advertisements

I have seen the harbors on hudson, but the condos are near a quarry plant and I have heard that there is alot of dust on these. The condos also look rather narrow.

We are looking to relo to Rockland, and I am not convinced yet to buy a home since we are still debating whether or not to settle in NY.

We could do a lease for a Single Family (newer construction)...but knowing myself, I will want to "fix it up like my own", and being that we are still unsure, we are know thinking that perhaps the best thing to do is to find a managed propery with pools, gym etc etc that is extremelly close to getting in to NJ where we work.

Plus for the next year or two, it takes the headache off homeowner maintainece (we own a 2 family near the city), and our primary in Dutchess which we are going to sell.

The idea seems appealing to rent a nice luxury condo/townhome that is family orientated with the ammenities.

Schools are important as we have small kids.

Any suggestions of good safe condos/townhomes (3-4 bedrooms, 2+) baths and at least 2500-3000 square feet, also 2 car garage is needed.

Budget for renting is up to 3000-3500 per month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 10:19 AM

701 posts, read 3,324,801 times
There are several developments grouped together off of New Clarkstown Road known as The Hamlets. Not sure of the specifics of the developments, but they are Clarkstown Schools (a top school district), and you have easy access to the Garden State Parkway, NYS Thruway and Palisades Parkway.
Not sure if many of the units are quite as large or luxurious as you seek.

There are some newer developments in Congers, which is a bit further north, but still in Clarkstown schools.

Old 04-24-2009, 03:16 AM

52 posts, read 567,343 times
Watch out if you are looking in the Hamlets.

While it is one huge condo complex, it is actually divided into two different school systems. Some of the units are Clarkstown schools while other units are zoned in East Ramapo.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:10 AM

1,108 posts, read 4,216,939 times
Exclamation The Hamlets??

I live in the Hamlets...and I do not think you could consider them luxury living...and as mentioned...some of them are in the East Ramapo School system which is to say the least...not the best...

There are 5 developments in the Hamlets...Eagle Ridge...Vista...Knollwood ...Tree Tops and Timberline...there are some 3 bedroom units...alot of 2 bedroom units...etc...But what you have to watch out for...is the illegal conversions...for some residents have enclosed the loft area to make it into a bedroom without any permits...etc...and others have enclosed their garages to make bedrooms, etc..so be sure and ask...A two bedroom, 2 1/2 bath unit in Timberline has just sold for less than $400,000

You are not allowed to have a grill in any townhouse unit...throughout the entire state...so if you like grilling...forget a townhouse...

If you like Suffern...there is a townhome community on Hemion Road...that is fenced in...and has security at the entrance...it offers most of what you are looking for...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York