Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2007, 08:41 AM

11 posts, read 115,051 times

Advertisements

A move is in our future as my husband will be working in Watertown. Where we decide to live will be determined by where the kids (elementary) will get the best deal school-wise. We would like to hear from parents out there about the school choices available to us. What is your opinion of the schools your children attend? Why or why not should we consider those schools? We will consider any area within approx 20-25 miles of Watertown. Thank you for any help and insight you can give.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 08:19 PM

31 posts, read 296,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa898 View Post
A move is in our future as my husband will be working in Watertown. Where we decide to live will be determined by where the kids (elementary) will get the best deal school-wise. We would like to hear from parents out there about the school choices available to us. What is your opinion of the schools your children attend? Why or why not should we consider those schools? We will consider any area within approx 20-25 miles of Watertown. Thank you for any help and insight you can give.
We are moving up to that same area next month. We have several friends already up there. We have been told to consider Carthage and Indian River Schools. We have also been told that the majority of the schools up there are good, but that the Watertown elementary and middle schools are better than their high school(s). Keep in mind that this is just what we are hearing, however we are hearing it from people that have had kids in these schools for 1-14 years.

Good luck!

Old 05-21-2007, 08:40 AM

11 posts, read 115,051 times
Thanks, Soon to Be! I have read your posts and you are much more enthusiastic about your upcoming move than I am! I have never lived away from home except for college when I was only 1.5 hours away and came home most weekends! I am a bit stressed out about moving! Thank you for your input and good wishes. You and other posters on this board have been invaluable in my quest for info. I am getting a good picture about the area and the people and already know that both are "positives" about the move. We will be in a safe, beautiful environment with lots of friendly folk! A small town atmosphere is good with me as long as it isn't too isolating and my children will have the opportunity for a good, high-quality education. I am less concerned with night-life and shopping malls (although I am glad to hear about the Target store ) than I am about having a park, a library, a YMCA and a decent school.
I wish you luck with your move as well. I look forward to reading your posts regarding it all... Thanks,again!

Old 06-02-2007, 07:21 AM

7 posts, read 30,983 times
Wink schools

Have you looked at Belleville-Henderson , or South Jefferson? These schools offer a more personal interaction for learning.

We are now located in the Finger Lakes, but, have family in the Henderson, Belleville, and Harrisvile areas.

Old 06-03-2007, 09:56 PM

31 posts, read 296,943 times
Well go figure! We looked all over Jefferson Co (well, mainly Evans Mills, Black River, Carthage, Champion, Philadelphia, Theresa, Brownsville, Rutland and Antwerp) and ended up buying in Watertown! We are really happy with our choice and hopefully will remain happy with it for the next 3 to 4-1/2 years.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:43 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,018 times
Did you buy in the area you emailed me about? You will be pleased with that area, except for that one issue, which I think will be resolved if the residents put up a fight because when it was opened it was agreed that it was to be a sports bar/rest...then it turned into a club! You will be close to everything, but still be away from it all, if you know what I mean.

Old 06-19-2007, 07:44 PM

770 posts, read 3,681,018 times
Also I would never consider Indian River schools over Watertown, maybe Carthage or General Brown...but DEFINITELY NOT Indian River, that is one school I would never send my children to up there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York
View detailed profiles of: