Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2015, 08:26 AM

7,688 posts, read 29,154,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCc girl View Post
Hopefully the Pathfinder has a V 6. Bulletproof, with normal maintenance they will go 300K easily.
Had a Villager (Quest) with that same 3.0L V6. It broke a camshaft with 50k on the clock coming off of a red light.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2015, 08:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,935 times
Need Advice: PLEASE HELP!
I have 97 Pathfinder which I absolutely love.. it is a manual 5-spd, 4 wheel drive with approx. 130,000 miles on it..
I have driven this car from Philadelphia to San Francisco, multiple times for work and have never had any problems..
Recently, coming home from the mall in my city my pathfinder began stalling out.. I thought at first it was just me being out of it and tired.. But, then I as having to give it all the gas it could take just to shift from 1st to 2nd without stalling or jerking.. It was night time and dark out so I didn't notice and excessive smoke/or blue colored smoke coming from the exhaust which I have read is a sign of a fuel regulator/fuel pump problem.. Anyways.. once I literally began pushing my gas pedal all the way down to the floor boards in order to shift.. I was able to get it into 5th gear and on the highway to go home.. it never overheated... Rpms never jumped or spiked over about 3/3.5.. and once I go it onto the highway it ran perfectly fine and normal.. About a mile from the exit to my house.. My pathfinder just stopped running and hasn't started since.. Engine will turn over but will not start..
I am very confident that the engine is not getting fuel.. I just want to hear others opinions.. or if anyone has experienced a similar issue.. and how easy it would be for a novice mechanic like myself to fix this problem..
Thank you!

- jessica

Old 06-01-2015, 07:53 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,380,359 times
The automatic trans was known to fry. The issue was the Radiator, the Trans Fluid would heat up and melt the cooling fins and not allow enough cooling for the fluid before it gets back to the Trans.

Old 02-18-2019, 03:55 AM

1 posts, read 834 times
The driver seat stop moving front and back and the brake light is not coming up

Old 04-28-2019, 01:16 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,946,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
I'm thinking of getting a 1995-1998 Nissan Pathfinder to drive for a year or two. Anyone who has owned one or are familiar with them, what are some issues that come up with these?

I checked some ads and have seen a few mention the transmission not going into reverse. Anything else? Are some years better than others?
When they were new, Nissan Pathfinder was the most-reliable new car you could buy from 1998-2000 Consumer Reports, better than Toyota Camry, Honda Accord, and etc, and even many new cars today from Nissan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti