Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,302,194 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
The quality of Nissan vehicles (and most other car companies as well) seems much better. My sister had a 1983 Nissan Sentra Wagon that barely had enough horse power to maintain 65 mph on the freeway and had so many engine rattles that she worried pieces of the engine would start falling out

I have a 2010 Nissan Versa hatchback that is absolutely flawless for an "econ box". Handle great, has enough horse power to merge on the freeway, no engine rattles at all, and it has really nice storage areas and cup holders (actually more of both than my in law's 2011 Camry). Mine has 42,000 miles on it and zero problems at all. Sis's '83 barely made it to 120,000.
its true that cars have greatly improoved this past few decades , i meant that nisann,s reputation was once comparable to toyota , maybe im just basing my assumption on nissann sales in ireland , they dont sell as well as they did fifteen to twenty years ago , over here , toyota , ford and volkswagon are the big three
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2012, 09:11 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,221,051 times
I had a notch-back B210. It was a ton of fun to drive.

Except when you had to accelerate.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:18 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,158,378 times
Over the last few years we had a Senta and a Quest. We no longer needed such a large vehicle so we got rid of the Quest but they were both great. We have had many cars, vans and trucks over the years and the Nissan's were some of the best.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,559,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I had a notch-back B210. It was a ton of fun to drive.

Except when you had to accelerate.
Sometimes it's fun to drive a slow car fast, especially if you get it up on two wheels. Nope, never did that! Hehe

Old 03-18-2012, 08:43 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,742,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
i think its funny how american pronounce the word nissan = nee - sann

in europe or at least the uk and ireland , its niss - ann

as for the cars themselves , IMO , thier not as good as they were twenty years ago when they were as good as toyota , i think thier average cars at best and most of them are plain janes , qashkai is ok i suppose
And those wankers on BBC TV call it the Pry-us while we wankers over here call it the Pree-us

Old 03-18-2012, 08:47 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,742,521 times
We didn't buy anything but Nissan from 1990 until 2008, when I bought the Sorento. Salesman attitude turned me off. We were set to drop $27k on a Murano and the jerk wouldn't even call us back. When I finally gave up and called him he didn't remember me.

Scr3w you, Nissan.

But their cars are reliable as all get out.

Old 03-18-2012, 03:28 PM

26,433 posts, read 46,657,478 times
Back in 1990 I thought the car space age had arrived when Nissan brought out the 300ZX. Not as much excitement since that time.

Old 03-18-2012, 04:01 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,508,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
We didn't buy anything but Nissan from 1990 until 2008, when I bought the Sorento. Salesman attitude turned me off. We were set to drop $27k on a Murano and the jerk wouldn't even call us back. When I finally gave up and called him he didn't remember me.

Scr3w you, Nissan.

You were going to buy something with a name that means "Pig" in Spanish?

If I was in a position to award medals for...bravery(?)...that act of courage deserves one.

Old 03-18-2012, 05:18 PM

19,148 posts, read 25,375,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
Scr3w you, Nissan.

Obviously, you never had the "pleasure" of owning a Datsun SPL-310 or 311.
I would call those cars unmitigated pieces of crap, but that would probably be unfair to the crap.
Those cars were a mechanical disaster, and were the poster children for the term "rust bucket" after only 1 year.

Some years later, I had the misfortune to rent a new Datsun/Nissan coupe in California, and the acceleration was reminiscent of a walking schizophrenic. While it was capable of decent acceleration, you never really knew what would happen when you floored the gas pedal, and--more often than not--you would get a cough and the slowest acceleration since the Model T. Other times, it could actually accelerate like a real car of the '80s. However, you never knew which persona this schizo car would display each time that you drove it.

While Nissans or more recent vintage are much more reliable than the junk that they sold years ago, the styling of most of their cars is just too bizarre for my taste. Whether it is the Maxima, or the Cube, or the Juke (usually referred to as the "Joke"), I wouldn't be seen dead in any of those cars. And, the new Versa has taken about 5 steps backward in driving dynamics from the earlier Versa model. What was originally an "okay" econobox is now the new automotive equivalent of the Penalty Box.

Truthfully, the only Nissan that I would consider at this point is the Altima.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:10 PM

24,510 posts, read 26,051,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfredB1979 View Post
You were going to buy something with a name that means "Pig" in Spanish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti