U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-01-2018, 05:36 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
2,613 posts, read 689,804 times
Reputation: 2181

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Rental companies donít usually put tires on them, they normally go to auction before they get that bad.
All depends if someone was renting it and had a couple of flat tires then they will put on the cheapest tires they can.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-01-2018, 08:40 PM
 
8,866 posts, read 7,347,410 times
Reputation: 11800
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Rental companies donít usually put tires on them, they normally go to auction before they get that bad.
We rented the car in Lafayette Louisiana. The license plates are New Jersey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-01-2018, 09:35 PM
 
Location: Northern VA (for now)
23,011 posts, read 31,972,945 times
Reputation: 30406
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
Its a rental the rental company put cheap tires on it that car has probly been beat to hell, people who rent a car are not as easy on them them as they would their own vehicle.Ive seen rentals with low millage with dents and cigarette holes in the seats and rattles because people ride them hard because its not their vehicle and could care less how hard they drive them.
I had a 17 Camry that had at least ten dents and scratches, stains on the seat, and expired Ohio plates to boot (I didnít know which sticker meant the year until it was too late to return the car) at Louisville International back in May. Iím in disbelief they would actually keep that thing in rotation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 06:57 AM
 
14,383 posts, read 16,302,105 times
Reputation: 12878
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
I had a 17 Camry that had at least ten dents and scratches, stains on the seat, and expired Ohio plates to boot (I didnít know which sticker meant the year until it was too late to return the car) at Louisville International back in May. Iím in disbelief they would actually keep that thing in rotation.

Did you rent from Budget? I've been getting extremely beat up cars from Budget over the past few years. Much more so than any other rental car company. Starting to choose other rental car companies due to this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 10:30 AM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,321 posts, read 5,316,901 times
Reputation: 3816
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLgaltoo View Post
Blah blah blah.....wth?
Nissans CVTs have proven to be quite problematic in some models, sometimes even at extraordinarily low mileage

An online search of reported problems will easily confirm this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 12:24 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
2,613 posts, read 689,804 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post
Nissans CVTs have proven to be quite problematic in some models, sometimes even at extraordinarily low mileage

An online search of reported problems will easily confirm this.
My friend has a 2015 Sentra never had a problem with the transmission and if they were that bad why is the Nissan Rogue the number 2 best selling CUV in the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
3,321 posts, read 5,316,901 times
Reputation: 3816
Quote:
Originally Posted by easy62 View Post
My friend has a 2015 Sentra never had a problem with the transmission and if they were that bad why is the Nissan Rogue the number 2 best selling CUV in the country.
Glad your friend has been happy with his Sentra...I would like to know how happy he is when he goes to trade it and realizes the horrible depreciation in comparison to a Civic or Corolla.

A ton of people still associate Nissan with the quality of the vehicles they were making 20 years ago. Average car buyers see a Japanese nameplate and jjst assume it's reliable and don't research beyond the features they have interest in.

The Rogue is number two because of the reasons above and it being relatively inexpensive for the segment.

Cheap always comes with a price.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 01:54 PM
 
Location: Metro Detroit Michigan
2,613 posts, read 689,804 times
Reputation: 2181
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post


Glad your friend has been happy with his Sentra...I would like to know how happy he is when he goes to trade it and realizes the horrible depreciation in comparison to a Civic or Corolla.

A ton of people still associate Nissan with the quality of the vehicles they were making 20 years ago. Average car buyers see a Japanese nameplate and jjst assume it's reliable and don't research beyond the features they have interest in.

The Rogue is number two because of the reasons above and it being relatively inexpensive for the segment.

Cheap always comes with a price.
If you say so and by the way he is leasing it so no losing money so what else you got to say, and the reason they are number 2 in the CUV is because they are a nice vehicle have you ever thought of that. Have you ever had a Nissan or are you one of those people who read it on the web so it must be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-02-2018, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Floribama
13,514 posts, read 29,464,086 times
Reputation: 11934
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHoVe View Post


Glad your friend has been happy with his Sentra...I would like to know how happy he is when he goes to trade it and realizes the horrible depreciation in comparison to a Civic or Corolla.

A ton of people still associate Nissan with the quality of the vehicles they were making 20 years ago. Average car buyers see a Japanese nameplate and jjst assume it's reliable and don't research beyond the features they have interest in.

The Rogue is number two because of the reasons above and it being relatively inexpensive for the segment.

Cheap always comes with a price.
The Nissans of the old days is dead and gone unfortunately. Their quality has gone to the crapper since Renault got involved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-03-2018, 08:52 AM
 
Location: Montgomery County, PA
13,661 posts, read 8,675,178 times
Reputation: 11260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwh View Post
Do not buy a Nissan because of the CVT transmission
You seem to always show up with your CVT rant right around the 4th post. Listen, nobody cares anymore. The car is fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Nissan and Infiniti
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top