Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 06:51 PM

50 posts, read 162,482 times

Advertisements

My mother in law, mettle's, so much, Im not trying to disrespect her, but she goes out of her way to interfere.
Its almost sick He is 40 years old yet she still treats him like hes, 10. she tries, to take away my wifely duties, which i enjoy doing. I say tries, because, I make sure, she knows her place! To give you ideas here are some things that have or so take place.
1) she rubs her hand through his hair and said" I just love your hair like this" Made me sick to my stomach.
2)gives, him actual honey do lists, that she can clearly do herself!
3)Makes plans as to family such as Christmas and Thanksgiving, and expects, us to comply to all her request!
4)Gives her opinion when not asked for, that is none of her business
these are just a few of a million things that takes place on a Regular basis. Am I the only one out here that seriously has a controlling, and meddling, Mother in law? seriously some times, I truly think she thinks of him as a husband! no joke one time she was introducing, him to a friend, and caught her self saying husb.... then turned and said son when heard that i literally grew sick to my stomach. Can anyone out here relate at all??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2010, 07:07 PM

26,142 posts, read 31,186,791 times
Sounds exactly like the plotline to an "Everyone Loves Raymond" episode

Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 PM

851 posts, read 3,626,809 times
The only one that should deal with the MIL is your husband. As his wife and I assume you love him, you should just keep your mouth shut and keep your feelings completely to yourself and treat your MIL with respect.

If she gets in your way, you should ask your husband to deal with her. If your husband doesn't want to deal with her or can't deal with her without her knowing you are behind of this, you should either file for divorce or suck it up.

All other behaviors are totally unacceptable.

This is the advice to you. To your husband, I have a totally different set of advice. BTW "Everyone loves Raymond" is a great show and every couple intended to get married should watch it.

Old 12-01-2010, 07:32 PM

3,966 posts, read 6,863,239 times
I don't get how she is that bad really.

Old 12-01-2010, 09:42 PM

1,206 posts, read 2,927,776 times
did her husband pass away?

Old 12-01-2010, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStupid View Post
The only one that should deal with the MIL is your husband. As his wife and I assume you love him, you should just keep your mouth shut and keep your feelings completely to yourself and treat your MIL with respect.

If she gets in your way, you should ask your husband to deal with her. If your husband doesn't want to deal with her or can't deal with her without her knowing you are behind of this, you should either file for divorce or suck it up.

All other behaviors are totally unacceptable.

This is the advice to you. To your husband, I have a totally different set of advice. BTW "Everyone loves Raymond" is a great show and every couple intended to get married should watch it.
Im all for respect, but my husband actually prefers me to handle it, accept for a few time, me keeping my mouth shut , huh!! isnt going to happen!! a divorce, isnt going to happen either!!!!! however I appreciate you trying!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paganmama80 View Post
I don't get how she is that bad really.
Honey you have NO IDEA!!! these are just a handful of little things, i didnt want to air all the ugly dirty laundry, because it would be stinking,way to bad!!!!

Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorhe33 View Post
did her husband pass away?
NO her husband didnt die, she had 3 husbands, and all left her.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:03 PM

851 posts, read 3,626,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophelia Baby View Post
Im all for respect, but my husband actually prefers me to handle it, accept for a few time, me keeping my mouth shut , huh!! isnt going to happen!! a divorce, isnt going to happen either!!!!! however I appreciate you trying!!!
Your husband is such a @#$@#. It is utterly irresponsible for a husband to let the wife to deal with the in-laws.

His parents are his responsible; yours are yours.

Don't like that? That's where fights start and divorces get filed.

Old 12-01-2010, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thursday007 View Post
Sounds exactly like the plotline to an "Everyone Loves Raymond" episode
haha yeah it does, accept thats a rated PG version
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships