Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 06:35 AM

7,454 posts, read 13,422,144 times

Advertisements

and I have come in contact with several the past year, women and men.
Usually older than myself......

Lighten the f*** up and learn to relax and have a good time.
Life is too short to be bitter. Enjoy it while you are still here.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2011, 06:46 AM

1,006 posts, read 734,823 times
Agreed!!! May I add, for those of you who are bitter.....try going a couple of days without focusing so much energy on what you hate and what others do to upset you. Concentrate on what you enjoy. The world is made of many different personalities and not everyone wants to be miserable like you. Everyone doesn't share your beliefs and ideologies.....

Old 08-18-2011, 06:47 AM

Wel said Mike

Old 08-18-2011, 06:48 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Well, here's the thing. By the time you're 40, with the exception of dread diseases or acts of God, it's always a good idea to assume that your position in life is the sum total of your own decisions. Bitterness is really laziness. Because the bitter person rarely stops to consider what he did to create his own mess of a life--or lacks the courage.

Sure, you might have caught an unlucky break, but who hasn't? At the same time, there's not a single person who, as an adult, hasn't had to deal with most of the problems you have, and a few that you haven't.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:49 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,124,630 times
Agreed as well! I mentioned to another OP how fast the years roll by. It's the equivelent of the boiled lobster theory. The water heats up slowly...You get my drift. Live as much as you can..We still have 100% of our lives left, long or short, better or worse.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Agreed as well! I mentioned to another OP how fast the years roll by. It's the equivelent of the boiled lobster theory. The water heats up slowly...You get my drift. Live as much as you can..We still have 100% of our lives left, long or short, better or worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Well, here's the thing. By the time you're 40, with the exception of dread diseases or acts of God, it's always a good idea to assume that your position in life is the sum total of your own decisions. Bitterness is really laziness. Because the bitter person rarely stops to consider what he did to create his own mess of a life.

Sure, you might have caught an unlucky break, but who hasn't? At the same time, there's not a single person who, as an adult, hasn't had to deal with most of the problems you have, and a few that you haven't.

Old 08-18-2011, 06:56 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,809,283 times
Ya know....
It's threads like this that help you help you.
I like it.
It's super easy to be bitter and mean.
Easy to fall into that trap.
Thanks to the OP for opening the door.

Continue.....

Old 08-18-2011, 07:12 AM

I'm not someone anyone has ever labelled bitter or anything along those lines. Sure I have my moments! like everyone!

Keys I think for me achieving this :

*Treat people well and how I would want to be treated
*Positive visualisation, this is huge for me
*Not too much work, not too much play
*Keeping fit and active mentally and physically
*Variety in life

Old 08-18-2011, 07:14 AM

1,011 posts, read 1,257,041 times
Haha.... Let just people be bitter if they enjoy of it It is only way to annoy other people anyway, it makes bitter people happy

Old 08-18-2011, 09:15 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,196,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
and I have come in contact with several the past year, women and men.
Usually older than myself......

Lighten the f*** up and learn to relax and have a good time.
Life is too short to be bitter. Enjoy it while you are still here.

I agree, but life isn't flowers and roses and there's nothing wrong with being affected by the myriad bad stimuli on the planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships