Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 02:47 PM

207 posts, read 535,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
Co-signed.

I actually saw a heavy in the gym last night working out by herself. It was obvious that she was new there and trying to orient herself with all the equipment. Once she got into her routine, though, she went at it hard and seemed really dedicated. I thought about giving her a word or two of encouragement, but decided against it because I didn't want to give the impression that I was just trying to make the fat girl feel good. I hope she sticks with it, though.
you were probably thinking if she sticks to working out she'l look a whole lot better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2012, 02:49 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Just another reason why I don't go to a gym to work out.

Old 01-25-2012, 02:54 PM

819 posts, read 1,129,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Nope. People shouldn't be allowed to be mean and cruel and others should have to "just deal with it". I hope if they keep it up, they're ejected from the gym. No, you can't address ALL the cruelness in the world, but THIS can be addressed by the gym manager/owner.
Oh no, I've been offended! Someone needs to save me!

Old 01-25-2012, 03:01 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,527,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanJP View Post
At least fat is fixable. Stupid is not.
You took the words right out of my mouth

If I had been there those two would have gotten a piece of my mind along with being 86'd from the gym.

We are adults, not playground school children. Everyone deserves respect regardless of their weight/looks.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:05 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
We have all women's gyms here in California. Do they have those other places?

Old 01-25-2012, 03:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post

That should NOT be the attitude.

It should be this:
"If that parasite laughs at me, I'll turn that anger on a machine, beat it to death for 6 months, drop 100 pounds and show him who's better"

My workouts are intense. I always think of my enemies, things in the world I am angry with and I break machines.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:08 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
We have all women's gyms here in California. Do they have those other places?
Yeah, that would only eliminate half of the idiots that mock overweight people...i dont understand why people feel they have to make fun of other people that are trying to improve themselves.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:11 PM

39 posts, read 109,293 times
Quote:
A gym like planet fitness isn't bad. I go to one and the people there are all ages and sizes. I would say there are more unfit than fit people.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:19 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,655,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Percentage View Post
Yeah, that would only eliminate half of the idiots that mock overweight people...i dont understand why people feel they have to make fun of other people that are trying to improve themselves.
Me neither.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:20 PM

2,495 posts, read 4,358,833 times
Quote:
You are going to have to come up with a better excuse than that Reed. How dare you allow these bums to influence your decision. I wouldnt care if i were the fattest person alive. If going to the gym is what i wanted to do, you better believe i'm be there every chance i get.

These clowns get out there to socialize. I dont speak to any of them. The muscle heads wear sleeveless shirts to entice the airheads that flock around looking for a quick lay. I walk in there with my ear piece on...and music blaring, do my work out routine and ignore the entire gym...including the staff. It almost seems like making eye contact with some of these nimrods is an invitation for a conversation. The women want to flirt (um..no thanks I'm married)..the men want to tell you about their protein shake or steroid use (no thanks..dont care). I'm only there for one purpose ..and thats to burn some calories and head back home. Cant wait to convert part of my basement into a gym in the summer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships