Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 11:41 AM

4,587 posts, read 4,216,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude999 View Post
That seems like a crazy ass scenario. I doubt it will happen to me.

Yeah, and you also thought you were home free after she lay low and didn't try anything for awhile but she's now started up again with a different tactic.

You know, a part of me feels like we are all being punked here because it's very hard to believe that you would sit and talk on the phone for 2 hours with your MIL after you were all squicked out over her previous behavior towards you AND all the advice you received about it afterwards. But I will continue to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume it's all true.

This woman is acting inappropriately towards you. It really doesn't matter why she's doing it. She has crossed a line . You have been given good advice on here but yet you keep second guessing all of it and shrugging it off that it won't happen to you. Well, it has happened. And when you are told it can get worse you had better believe that it can. Did you ever think you'd be getting a call from your MIL and talking to her for 2 hrs? See what I mean?

You need to distance yourself from your MIL. You aren't her shrink. You don't need to be talking to her on the phone about her problems. This is just another tactic she's using to get closer to you. Again, distance yourself from her.

Last edited by Sweet*Tea; 04-02-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2012, 11:51 AM

52 posts, read 62,898 times
Look, I don't mean to be so annoyingly naive but I just cannot fathom that a woman could be using tactics to get closer to me. But I have a feeling that you may be right.

A line has been crossed, this much I know, but I figured since she stopped that it was all over. Now it's in a different stage to where I cannot tell if she just needs someone to talk to or if it's a different strategy on her part. Either way, you're right, I am not her shrink and she has plenty of other people to talk to.

Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM

934 posts, read 1,939,062 times
*shrug* Ahhh, what the hey....sleep with her. After all, what could possibly go wrong?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBarney View Post
*shrug* Ahhh, what the hey....sleep with her. After all, what could possibly go wrong?
Everything. Not an option.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:05 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,738,647 times
Quote:
I figured since she stopped that it was all over.
That's the calm before "the storm". And, just because it's not right there on top of you, doesn't mean it's not somewhere, in the background, brewing.

Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Fan View Post
That's the calm before "the storm". And, just because it's not right there on top of you, doesn't mean it's not somewhere, in the background, brewing.
How eerie....

Old 04-02-2012, 06:51 PM

3,387 posts, read 6,628,924 times
Quote:
Worse if I do not just act like a total jerk? How do you figure with these types? Anyone have any experience with these types of females?
Yup, she's a she wolf! You are in her sights and she wants you as dinner. Danger Will Robinson, Danger!!!

Quote:
What I meant was if feels like if I'm a total jerk and she's not after me then I just shunned a woman who needs help. But from what everyone here is insinuating she is verging on it
She has a husband and a daughter for help. Next time tell her that, if she argues, give her the number for the 1-800 crisis hotline, then hang up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
Quote:
I hope not, but ya never know.
I think you already know.
Why would a mother do such a hurtful thing to her daughter? *baffled*

I don't think I'd bring it up to either of them. It would cause SO much drama between them.

I think I would just give her dirty looks every time she flirted and the cold shoulder.
'Cause she's one crazsy ass biotch that's why! Tell your wife, then tell her to deal with her Mom, since you aren't willing or able to do it yourself.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:35 AM

Crazy biotch hasn't called or texted since Friday last week. Is this just a calm before the storm thing too?

Old 04-03-2012, 10:40 AM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Being that a MIL can be a married man's worst nightmare, it would be best to tell your wife that you're uncomfortable around her and tell her upfront what's bothering you about her.

MILs will make false accusations on infidelity, cheating, or rape. So you definitely should tell your wife beforehand.

Old 04-03-2012, 10:57 AM

She does seem like the type that would save her own butt and throw me under the bus.

I've been absent since Friday, and I think that maybe the hint has been made since I never called or texted her, not that she was expecting it but I never called back to see how she's doing. Even after her ordeal with her husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships