Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2012, 08:46 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times

Advertisements

Tell your wife.
It's her job to deal with wackos on her side of the family.
It's your job to deal with wackos on your side of the family.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 AM

52 posts, read 62,941 times
I've already handled the aspect with my wife. She's been very supportive. The point now is that could this situation resurface? Everythings been fine and I haven't changed my behavior or anything. I am wondering if I should or not.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:05 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,443,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude999 View Post
I've already handled the aspect with my wife. She's been very supportive. The point now is that could this situation resurface? Everythings been fine and I haven't changed my behavior or anything. I am wondering if I should or not.
No. You did your job. Told your wife.
Now just ignore the old bat.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:17 AM

82 posts, read 496,233 times
sink a drink. pound granny's lucky stars. go home. kick the wife. kiss the dog. swing from the chandelier while bellowing as if you are Johnny Weissmuller...

or you could probably just ignore it.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:21 AM

I know I'm going to ignore it. What I am asking is considering nothing has happened the two days I saw her since the event, And I haven't changed my behavior at all, I am wondering if something like this could resurface?

Old 03-24-2012, 09:24 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,772,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
No. You did your job. Told your wife.
Now just ignore the old bat.
That would be my advice. Just stay clear of her, put a lot of distance between you and her because she's one of those flakes in competition with her own daughter.

A friend of mine said his ex-wife would come on to all the guys her daughters brought home, his daughters complained to him about it, they saw their mother as a disgusting cheap floozey.

Old 03-24-2012, 09:36 AM

Yes, that's how this MIL is too. My wifes own sisters told her to watch out for me because of her behavior.

Why are there women like that? Why do they want their daughters men? Most of her adulterous encounters that we know of were with my wires sisters men.

Now again, regardless of her normal behavior lately could a situation like what happened resurface?

Old 03-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Last bump

Old 03-24-2012, 03:16 PM

593 posts, read 1,796,860 times
You need to nip this in the bud...If she "flirts" with you again, then say something to her and hopefully, it will embarress her enough that she'll leave you alone. You owe her nothing and I'd just quit going around her. Your wife should understand your stand and support you....I've dealt with inlaws for 38 years and they're big pains in the butts. Speak now, or you'll regret it later. I wished I'd spoke up years ago, but I always tried to keep peace for my husband's sake..If someone would have told me years ago when you get married, you marry the whole family, I would have RUN...You just tell that old hag you're not into old ladies...she won't like that..:>)

Old 03-24-2012, 04:03 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,253,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jude999 View Post
Well let's just say the woman is a drunkard and it's no secret within the family that she has had affairs. That's the part that makes me question whether it's more than friendly talk.
I would avoid her like the plague. If the family treats her like you describe, just avoid being in situations where she will be. If She touches or say things to you again, look her right in the face and tell her to knock it off.
I might consider telling my wife, if it was something I'd want her to tell me were the situations reversed. Think about this. it is a double edged sword.
But I would definitely never be alone w/ this MIL, ever. She sounds very unstable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships