Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 02:15 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times

Advertisements

much closer to my cousins and friends than siblings. kid brother & sister r a sad and tragic story.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 03-28-2012 at 02:28 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2012, 05:22 AM

37,639 posts, read 46,052,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I don't know any of my second cousins. Would be interesting to speculate, but I feel my first cousins are distant enough.
Good grief. I have second, third, fourth, an ENDLESS amount of cousins. I can hardly go shopping without running into a relative, and I don't live in a small town!

Old 03-28-2012, 06:06 AM

1,298 posts, read 2,239,913 times
I'm an only child. I am 45. My parents are not in good health. I see them 2-3 times a week. Call 2-3 times daily. I say this because there have been many times in life I wish I had a sibling, this time in my life being one of them.

As adults, people should put their childhood differences behind them, enjoy life...tomorrow maybe to late.

I sometimes envy my friends who have siblings, for many different reasons.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:07 AM

24,544 posts, read 56,093,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Good grief. I have second, third, fourth, an ENDLESS amount of cousins. I can hardly go shopping without running into a relative, and I don't live in a small town!
I guess those sort of things aren't discussed in our family. Since my name is fairly rare, perhaps anyone with my name could be a possible candidate.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:10 AM

Quote:
I guess those sort of things aren't discussed in our family. Since my name is fairly rare, perhaps anyone with my name could be a possible candidate.
What sort of things are you talking about? Family??? Your family doesn't discuss family?? Huh?

Old 03-28-2012, 06:21 AM

Quote:
What sort of things are you talking about? Family??? Your family doesn't discuss family?? Huh?
For a start to even find out any of my second cousins we'd have to do a lot of asking around. I don't really see the point. It sounds like something old ladies with time on their hands do.

But then again my rellies are spread all over the world as well.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:45 AM

36,576 posts, read 30,907,841 times
Quote:
For a start to even find out any of my second cousins we'd have to do a lot of asking around. I don't really see the point. It sounds like something old ladies with time on their hands do.

Maybe it is an old lady thing. My grandkid throws up his hands when I start telling him who all he is ralated to and how. When my youngest son was a teen he started really liking this girl until I told them they were 5th cousins. I guess 5th is ok for a relationship, but still.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:53 AM

Quote:

Asking around? Good grief. As if there were anyway to avoid knowing who all my relatives are, from the time I was a young kid. Family is, well, part of our life...every day.

Your family sounds very very odd. Perhaps that explains all the strange disconnected posts that you create.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:22 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,618,516 times
You know, I watch very little TV, and even at that rate, I can think of a whole bunch of sibling relationships that are portrayed, past and present, that show siblinghood in a positive light.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Asking around? Good grief. As if there were anyway to avoid knowing who all my relatives are, from the time I was a young kid. Family is, well, part of our life...every day.

Your family sounds very very odd. Perhaps that explains all the strange disconnected posts that you create.
They are kinda odd...but I find the idea of knowing all your second/third/fourth cousins kind of strange myself. Haven't surveyed people, but come on, you have literally hundreds of second/third etc cousins, probably thousands when you get into third cousins...(actually the whole family tree stuff boggles me, maybe the numbers don't increase, I have no idea). The whole idea of plotting out your family tree...I didn't think this was a normal thing to do...I thought it was normal just to know first cousins, perhaps some of your second cousins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships