Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2012, 10:25 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,860,632 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave nz View Post
Yes, but not so much if you are attracted to the guy and he is forward.
Ah there is still a level you have to get to.

Hi-"I'm so and so"
Dude-"So and so I love to bend you over my knee and whisper sweet nothings"
Um yeah too far!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mörkrädd View Post
Blame those stupid 'SlutWalks' partly. Scantily clad women marching in unison as if all men are rapists or sexual predators. It makes me sick.
Bit curious as to how you got that SlutWalks were 'scantily clad women marching in unison as if all men are rapists or sexual predators' rather than 'scantily clad women marching in unison against victim-blaming and the notion that a woman is asking to be raped because she dressed like a ****'.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:28 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,728,906 times
Quote:
Blame those stupid 'SlutWalks' partly. Scantily clad women marching in unison as if all men are rapists or sexual predators. It makes me sick.
Not exactly. You should read up on the history. ("marching in unison"? )

But more to the point...what about it sickens you?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:34 PM

132 posts, read 176,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Not exactly. You should read up on the history. ("marching in unison"? )

But more to the point...what about it sickens you?
The notion that all men are potential rapists. It sickens me a lot.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:37 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,732,835 times
probably because they earned it based on their behaviors toward various types of women.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
probably because they earned it based on their behaviors toward various types of women.
So you think all men are sexual predators?

Old 09-26-2012, 10:42 PM

Quote:
The notion that all men are potential rapists. It sickens me a lot.
Yeah, as does the notion that only certain rapes are "legitimate."

It's understandable to have an emotional reaction to such extremism, but that is not how average men and women think (CD fora notwithstanding)

Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 PM

2,560 posts, read 2,638,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Quote:
So you think all men are sexual predators?
I think I see how you got SlutWalks were 'scantily clad women marching in unison as if all men are rapists or sexual predators' rather than 'scantily clad women marching in unison against victim-blaming and the notion that a woman is asking to be raped because she dressed like a sl*t'.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by udolipixie View Post
I think I see how you got SlutWalks were 'scantily clad women marching in unison as if all men are rapists or sexual predators' rather than 'scantily clad women marching in unison against victim-blaming and the notion that a woman is asking to be raped because she dressed like a sl*t'.
It fails to prove a point. There are better and more effective ways for campaigning against rape. They all look like a bunch of man haters who are just looking for yet another excuse to dress like prostitutes, as many women do today, since the trashy look is 'in'.

Old 09-26-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
It fails to prove a point. There are better and more effective ways for campaigning against rape. They all look like a bunch of man haters who are just looking for yet another excuse to dress like prostitutes, as many women do today, since the trashy look is 'in'.
No one is forcing you to look...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships