Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 08:29 PM

12,773 posts, read 14,978,563 times

Advertisements

I have this friend of 5 yrs. We get together every several months & our main method of communication is email, but lately, we've texted each other too.

I email her an ordinary email on June 14th to say hi & see how things were going. She replied & wrote nothing to be considered a red flag. I replied back on the 15th, but this day have never heard back from her & this is unlike her. I emailed her a 2nd time on the 26th & then texted her on July 2nd & yesterday the 9th & still nothing.

I just called her cell & home #s & the voicemail's on for both so I left the same detailed message saying I'm wondering if she's alright & left my #s.

I'm dying of curiosity of what happened! I Googled her name & it doesn't bring up too much. One site did list possible relatives. I called one of those #s, but it was a business, so wrong # there! I never knew if she had a Facebook or Twitter account.

I don't know squat about her husband. She never talks about him. She's a 50/51 yr old grandmother & watches her grandkids all ths time. (I'm a lot younger than her) It was either her mother or adult daughter who lives around the corner from her, I think...don't know exactly or what their names are. Her father lives in Vegas, but I wouldn't know his name or how to contact him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2013, 09:09 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,149,937 times
Is it possible that she is on a long trip (maybe to visit a sick relative) or maybe in the hospital?

Do you have an mutual friends that you can contact?

Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 PM

Even on a l ong trip, people have their cell phones/iPads. She's never not replied back to me before. I don't have any #s of her friends/family. I have her address. She lives a good 1 - 1.5 hrs away, so I'd be taking a big risk just showing up, not knowing who's home if I still couldn't reach her. She lives with her husband as far as I know.

Old 07-10-2013, 10:35 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,531,383 times
Since she's 50+ years old, the first thing I'd do is start using a font large enough for her to read.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:05 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
It's been less than a month. I will sometimes not talk to my best friend for 2 months. Give it a rest for a while and try again in a week or two. She may be really busy or having some sort of crisis. YOu've let her know you're there - she can reach out if she needs you.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:08 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Since she's 50+ years old, the first thing I'd do is start using a font large enough for her to read.

What does this have to do with the original poster's concerns? Are you assuming that anyone over 50 cannot "see" without BIG TYPE PRINT FONTS?

News Flash, some people over the age of 50 STILL do not use glasses and others got glasses at the age of 7 (like my brother)...........

Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times
Original Poster:

Without knowing anyone else to contact there really isn't much you can do but hope to hear from her soon. There could be any number of reasons she has not contacted you yet. I hope it is nothing serious on her end and that she has just been extremely busy or on an over seas extended vacation.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:12 PM

102,210 posts, read 107,883,295 times
If you know that a relative lives around the corner, and you know which house it is, leave a note in the mailbox saying you're worried, and ask them to call you.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:23 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,824,181 times
Send her a letter.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Well, I finally heard from her. She said she was sorry for taking a long time & appreciated my concern, so I guess all's good. Now, we may not be the closest frirend's, but she had a rather nonchalant tone in her email reply. She said her computer died, her iPhone fell in the pool, AND she hardly checks her landline home phone...YET she tells me she talked to another friend last week, so how was she able to talk wih her?! Plus my friend had an iPad all along, which is how she finally reached me. Oh well, whatever.

I'll get back to her in a day or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
[/b]
What does this have to do with the original poster's concerns? Are you assuming that anyone over 50 cannot "see" without BIG TYPE PRINT FONTS?

News Flash, some people over the age of 50 STILL do not use glasses and others got glasses at the age of 7 (like my brother)...........
I'm wondering what this has to do with it as well. And BTW, 50 is NOT old at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships