Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 05:44 PM

250 posts, read 383,545 times

Advertisements

I was at a family gathering a while ago, a relative who I have not seen/spoke to in many,many years,told me they wanted to get together and catch up. I thought ok, we exchanged cell numbers, relative contacts me to go to a party they are having, tells me no other family will be there,but 20-30 of their friends will be. I'm thinking I don't know your friends and with 20-30 other people how on earth could we catch up?? I told them I would rather we meet just me and their SO. They tell me ok thats fine,they understand. We text back and forth and I asked do u want to meet up sometime this weekend? they said sure just text me a day or 2 ahead of time, I text them on Thursday, asked what day was good they said they did not know and would text and let me know,did not hear a thing all weekend. I get a text from them this weekend will be good, they said they will text me a few days before the weekend to set it up. again I hear nothing from them. they have done this over and over. Whats the point?? I don't care about meeting up with them either way. I mean its been many many years. The thing is THEY are the one who wanted to get together,if they don't want anymore don't keep saying lets go out and then not go. Again whats the point??
Thoughts??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 06:10 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,564,801 times
Is it odd? It seems the intention is there by your relative wanting to "catch up" but something is preventing this from happening. What type of history do you have with this person? if there is nothing controversial happening just be blunt and ask "why can't we meet up'?

Old 08-28-2013, 06:47 PM

1,948 posts, read 6,462,935 times
I would not reply back to their message next time, they are wasting your time

seems like your not very close with them anyways?

Old 08-28-2013, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
Is it odd? It seems the intention is there by your relative wanting to "catch up" but something is preventing this from happening. What type of history do you have with this person? if there is nothing controversial happening just be blunt and ask "why can't we meet up'?
It is odd to me because they want make plans yet they never follow up or even text to say "Sorry something come up" To them I should clear my weekend on the off chance they want to meet-up.

Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 PM

2,294 posts, read 3,429,640 times
I'm going to bet the meeting of 20-30 or so was probably to introduce you to a pyramid selling scheme, I believe that subject is covered elsewhere on the forum. I'm not saying they didn't want to spend time with you personally but given the fact that they have been distant since its about the best scenario I can think of.

Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM

3,648 posts, read 3,784,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
I'm going to bet the meeting of 20-30 or so was probably to introduce you to a pyramid selling scheme, I believe that subject is covered elsewhere on the forum. I'm not saying they didn't want to spend time with you personally but given the fact that they have been distant since its about the best scenario I can think of.
That is exactly what I think!

Old 08-28-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
lol....it was a party they were having because they just bought a new house..it was a summer bonfire cook out... I dont think it was anymore then that. I just think they decided meeting up wouldn't change anything and decided not to.. just wanted to see what others thought...I dont think I was going to be sold anything. Oh how minds wonder!! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships