Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM

6,326 posts, read 6,592,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawaiivictim View Post
I'm not throwing it around loosely.

I just think it's weird that someone transferred schools the same exact time I did and is taking the same class I'm taking at the exact same time and day.

I mean, I was out of school for practically 7 months! I haven't even once thought about this guy until I saw him in school.
Early stages of paranoia, and you are what 20? With this mindset you have long miserable years ahead of you. Believe me, world and men do not and will not spin around you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2013, 01:23 PM

262 posts, read 546,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
Make sure to do the hangdog face and duck lips.
I'm better than that... I smize.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 PM

6,319 posts, read 7,242,978 times
Let me tell you a little story.

I had a terrible, terrible divorce which involved a stalking ex-husband and a new man.

Cut it short, new man ran like the wind away from me and my stalking ex-husband who threatened his life, his business partners, etc. I cried because I'd really liked him, tried to reason with him etc to no avail.

TWO WEEKS LATER the Olympics were in town. Big deal in my city of one million plus. I decided to go at the very last minute to meet friends, it was soccer to be exact and going to be a huge night.

A full stadium, folks from all over the world. Three empty seats in the entire thing, right next to me.

Three empty seats...the fourth and fifth contained my terrified now-ex "new man" and his new girlfriend.

I ended up crouching in a concrete gangway near my friends group, just so he wouldn't think I was "stalking" him. Can you imagine the odds of that occurring?

It's funny now, but at the time I don't know which of us was more horrified.

Your guy is probably thinking the exact same thing.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:16 PM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I would agree that it is probably nothing to worry about, but if your gut is telling you to be nervous...listen. How many times do victims of crimes say, "I had this feeling, but he seemed like such a nice guy." or " I felt nervous, but I didn't want to be rude."

I would speak with an advisor at your college about this. I would be aware of my surroundings on campus/bus/etc...

Befriend other women in your class. Go directly to/from class and try to be in a group.

Old 10-05-2013, 08:24 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
I don't think the guy is stalking you. How could he know all your personal information, such as what school you transferred to and which class you enrolled in?

It sounds like a coincidence. He may have liked you all along, and never said anything. So he's probably looking at this as an opportunity to talk to you and see what happens.

When I was your age that's what men did when they liked women. They would try to be around places where they knew they'd run into you in the hopes that a conversation could start. What's the big deal?

I also think it's pretty rude of you to see someone who was your study partner and not even say hello to him. The guy is obviously shy and has been trying to get your attention. Why can't you be polite and say hello? You don't have to date him, but you could at least be civil. Sheesh!

Old 10-06-2013, 08:54 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,545,986 times
Well I find it very weird indeed with all those coincidences. My alarm bells would have gone off too. Just keep with a crowd or at least with a buddy and keep your eyes open when you are not in class. Check restaurants, the cinema, outside your apartment, etc.

I wouldn't rule him out as a stalker. He might be new at this and he's not sure of his intentions if he ever gets you alone in the wrong place. Like the others, I'd also mention this at your school office and maybe they have some suggestions for your safety. Better to be safe than what could possibly be the alternative.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:01 AM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Made fun of his phone? Really? How old are you?

You need to grow up and stop thinking you're the center of everyone's universe.

Old 10-06-2013, 09:50 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
I would agree that it is probably nothing to worry about, but if your gut is telling you to be nervous...listen. How many times do victims of crimes say, "I had this feeling, but he seemed like such a nice guy." or " I felt nervous, but I didn't want to be rude."

I would speak with an advisor at your college about this. I would be aware of my surroundings on campus/bus/etc...

Befriend other women in your class. Go directly to/from class and try to be in a group.

Are you kidding me?!??!!? Telling her to go to an advisor and accuse someone of "Stalking" her when there is NO indication she is being "stalked". Seriously? Destroy the guy's reputation as well as possibly getting him kicked out of the school just because some airheaded, self-important girl thinks that just because she's seen him more than once that he just MUST be stalking her! She's a star, dontcha know? She's the next face of Guess jeans! She posts her every move on Facebook because the universe just MUST know what she had for breakfast and what color socks she's wearing today.

If he was going to 'stalk' her because she's just sooooo irresistable, don't you think it would have started happening SEVEN MONTHS AGO when she was first in the class with him and they first worked on the project together??? Do you think this guy waited 7 months just to get in a class with her ????

Beyond ridiculous.

I would think he should be more worried about her! She knows he changed his hairstyle, knows what kind of phone he has, kept the papers they worked on together, SHE is in HIS class, SHE was in the same COMMON AREA that HE was in........

Old 10-06-2013, 09:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 8,728,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
I don't think the guy is stalking you. How could he know all your personal information, such as what school you transferred to and which class you enrolled in?

It sounds like a coincidence. He may have liked you all along, and never said anything. So he's probably looking at this as an opportunity to talk to you and see what happens.

When I was your age that's what men did when they liked women. They would try to be around places where they knew they'd run into you in the hopes that a conversation could start. What's the big deal?

I also think it's pretty rude of you to see someone who was your study partner and not even say hello to him. The guy is obviously shy and has been trying to get your attention. Why can't you be polite and say hello? You don't have to date him, but you could at least be civil. Sheesh!

I totally agree. When he sat down, that would have been the opportune time for her to say something like "hey, weren't we in an English class together at ______? How are you?"

The guy is probably very shy and socially awkward. He likely doesn't know anyone at this new college and he saw a familiar face. So what does the OP do? Comes to the conclusion that she's being "Stalked" and already has an episode of "Unsolved Mysteries" written and is probably working on the script for her Lifetime Movie.

Old 10-06-2013, 11:47 AM

6,720 posts, read 8,390,617 times
I don't think it would ruin his reputation. She would just be letting them know about a concern of hers. I am not telling her to try to get him kicked out or got to the cops.Her college advisor is there to help her and give her ADVICE.

It is probably nothing bad, and the boy is harmless. What if it's not?

Whenever I have ignored those feelings of unease around someone, I have regretted it.

Last edited by Meyerland; 10-06-2013 at 11:49 AM.. Reason: changed wording
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships