Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 04:14 AM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
It blows my mind that people don't understand that some women just have problems with women. Either they've never been hated by other women for no reason or they're the haters themselves denying everything. Temazepam, I have quite a few female coworkers that act like this. Honestly if it weren't for work I wouldn't associate with them at all. There has always been some bitchy little girl trying to cause problems in my life since what, elementary school. More often than not there's been more than one.

I consider myself a nice person and my friends at work know I am. I used to try to be friendly and accommodating to other people and used to be really hurt and confused as to why other women don't like me, but I'm not anymore and it took me a long time to get there. One coworker actually told one of my friends "I don't know how you can hang out with her, she's so moody!" It's like, no I'm not moody, I just don't like you! This is coming from a chick who thinks she's a big boss at work when she isn't crap. Anyway good luck and just focus your energy on the good people in your life. Focusing on the bad isn't helping you any, is it?
Oh, I think we understand perfectly how "some women just have problems with other women"

The reality is, when people want peace, they choose peace.

Others have huge, unconscious ego's that need to feed on drama.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 AM

11,129 posts, read 9,764,095 times
Definitely not behavior I have EVER experienced. OP, you seem to be doing what you are accusing other people of, glaring and yelling. I have never in my life had people treat me that way. If they did I would assume they had mental issues.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:47 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,453,455 times
Quote:
It blows my mind that people don't understand that some women just have problems with women. Either they've never been hated by other women for no reason or they're the haters themselves denying everything. Temazepam, I have quite a few female coworkers that act like this. Honestly if it weren't for work I wouldn't associate with them at all. There has always been some bitchy little girl trying to cause problems in my life since what, elementary school. More often than not there's been more than one.

I consider myself a nice person and my friends at work know I am. I used to try to be friendly and accommodating to other people and used to be really hurt and confused as to why other women don't like me, but I'm not anymore and it took me a long time to get there. One coworker actually told one of my friends "I don't know how you can hang out with her, she's so moody!" It's like, no I'm not moody, I just don't like you! This is coming from a chick who thinks she's a big boss at work when she isn't crap. Anyway good luck and just focus your energy on the good people in your life. Focusing on the bad isn't helping you any, is it?
Oh please! Nearly every woman has had to deal with catty women. Most of us just don't have the victim hood mentality. We just get over it and move on.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-02-2013, 10:11 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
How do I deal with that?

I don't. I don't pal around with trash.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:18 PM

2,793 posts, read 4,071,120 times
I'm with the poster who feels sometimes women just hate on other women. I have had coworkers like that and I am always nice to everyone at work. But some....just hate you for being a woman, being prettier or having more rapport with men, or your position, etc. One woman went so far as to trying to get me fired. That was within a month of me starting the job and I was always nice to her, even when she treated me badly.

I found out later she did this to almost all the women who had my job. She felt threatened for whatever reason. I was the worst because I got along great with 1. The women she hated and liked, 2. Men on a nonsexual level (she was always sexual with them and they put up with it because they were too nice to file harassment charges) and 3. I could do the job better than her and knew more than her.

It was all on her. I never prompted it and trust me, I asked some people if it was just me or if I did something to her unknowingly.

Sadly, I've met many women like this. Typically at work. And its usually a power play. And if its not at work, its a power play over men's sexual attention or a woman's friendship. It's pathetic.

ETA: forgot to answer the question. Typically, when I spot a woman like this, I kill them with kindness and I avoid them as much as possible. I hate being fake and I know if they push it too far, I will get confrontational. Never a good thing at work.

Last edited by psichick; 12-02-2013 at 12:26 PM..

Old 12-04-2013, 07:39 AM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yayoi View Post
Oh please! Nearly every woman has had to deal with catty women. Most of us just don't have the victim hood mentality. We just get over it and move on.

I applaud those who easily can, but then, doesn't that sorta just give them a free pass to perpetuate the bad behavior? I think it's best to stick up for oneself (which, I suppose some on here misinterpret as "confrontational" or "combative" lol). Even if you don't win the argument, at least you've put them on notice that you're not as easy a target as they've made you out to be and that their behavior is unacceptable.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:43 AM

41,959 posts, read 75,205,836 times
Quote:
It blows my mind that people don't understand that some women just have problems with women.
And some women have problems with men.
Some men have problems with women.
Some men have problems with men.

See the pattern?

Old 12-04-2013, 08:30 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
I have good female friends which are flirting with guys. They have seen I am not like that so I am not a threat for them. They can keep theit fun, I only need my husbands attention.

Today a guy with bedroom eyes introduced something in business and longer he spoke, more bed room voice he made, low , lower, slow, slower.

Bad business I went in to next company.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:57 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
This never happens to me...? Where and with whom are you associating?
I agree with you. I wonder where people find these kinds of people.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:01 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,313,615 times
Asking who you were was not a big deal. In my opinion you started the whole thing by overreacting. Also, if someone looks at you why start something? Maybe she was not even thinking about you, but just staring into space. You sound confrontational to me. I give people the benefit of the doubt, and this keeps me out of messes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.