Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2013, 06:47 PM

6 posts, read 50,036 times

Advertisements

Is it seen as competition? I've noticed some women hate other women that look better than them. They act real catty and give them dirty looks. Also, if they're with their man they get real mad if their man looks at other attractive women. Why is this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2013, 06:53 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,149,530 times
Why do women get jealous of other women if they look better than them?

Simple human jealousy. It happens both ways. Guys get jealous of other guys too. I've had guys try to stare me down in bars because some girl they were trying to get with was trying for me. It's as common as anything else. Nobody wants to feel like their second best. We almost all want to be wanted. It's part of human nature.

Old 04-13-2013, 06:56 PM

6 posts, read 50,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermanpansy View Post
Why do women get jealous of other women if they look better than them?

Simple human jealousy. It happens both ways. Guys get jealous of other guys too. I've had guys try to stare me down in bars because some girl they were trying to get with was trying for me. It's as common as anything else. Nobody wants to feel like their second best. We almost all want to be wanted. It's part of human nature.
Really never knew men get jealous.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:04 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,842,888 times
Insecure.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:09 PM

Yeah, but let's not act like it's all females. All people have the capacity to be jealous.

Old 04-13-2013, 07:21 PM

12,585 posts, read 16,945,242 times
The OP specifically said "women."

My question is why do ladies say other ladies are pretty, attractive, hot, have a nice body and comments like these and yet maintain their heterosexual stand?

I can't figure out why they are caddy with other women. I thought they were rather complimentary with them. Saying nice things about their hair, clothes and such.

Maybe women only feel they are getting the stares and yet it's a thinking face of, "Where did she get that outfit? That is so cute!"

Old 04-13-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIpromiseyou View Post

Seriously??? Are you alive? Do you go out? You've never had a girl like you, where someone else liked them and they've pretty much acted like they wanted to kill you? I had a guy my freshmen year in college talk sh t behind my back to a few people around him, because many girls in the class liked me. Actually there was a girl who I actually dated when we were thirteen who he was telling it to. She told me during a fire alarm. While we were outside, I went up to him and said, "heard you're talking sh t?, well class will be over soon, why don't we go have a talk across the street in the woods"? He fumbled his words, while trying to look not scared, and got real quiet. Guess he didn't want to talk! She told me that he didn't run his mouth anymore after that.

Man everybody gets jealous at one time or another. I screwed things up with a girl at another college (will not go into why-to long of a story, but it wasn't cheating). She and I although we weren't together were not over each other. One day, I (was immature back then/ still can act stupid at times/ definately not like that) was trying to make her jealous with a girl I knew liked me (actually my best friends girl/ he never knew it/ I never told him). She was trying to get with me for a while. So she took me to luch where I knew my ex would be. My ex, didn't act jealous at all. She knew it was my best friend at the times girl, so most likely she didn't think anything of it. But the girl I used to try to make my ex jealous, kept watching me look over at my ex. Finally, she gets up and say's, "you're just trying to make Kim jealous" and ran off. I know Kim heard this. Another reason I don't think she got jealous. Wouldn't you know it about a week later, she's in the lunch room with a new guy. Only guy besides me all year. I could tell she wasn't into him, she sat right directly in front of me. I was with my friend who's girl liked me. He still didn't know and never found out. I was getting frustrated and started talking sh t about the guy she was with. Not loud, but she was so close I wanted her to hear. She packed up and left. It worked, she sure had my blood boiling. A week later (the semester had almost ended) we went at it verbally. Not physically, I've never hit a women in my life. But we had it out in my friends bedroom. She came storming in with about ten of her friends. It was angry passion yelling at each other for about an hour. I couldn't take it anymore. Because she wouldn't leave, I left. My friend said that after I left, about five minutes later her and all of her friends left. Did she get me jealous-hell yeah. I loved her. Did I make her jealous-not that one time, but many times prior to that. Jealousy is by no means reserved for just women.

Old 04-13-2013, 08:02 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,643,960 times
I agree with supermanpansy. Both genders have the capacity to get jealous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
My question is why do ladies say other ladies are pretty, attractive, hot, have a nice body and comments like these and yet maintain their heterosexual stand?
Huh? I don't understand this question.

Quote:
I can't figure out why they are caddy with other women. I thought they were rather complimentary with them. Saying nice things about their hair, clothes and such.
If a woman is jealous, she'll just act catty, not compliment. If a woman is complimenting another it's becuase she means it.

Last edited by srjth; 04-13-2013 at 08:10 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 08:06 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,729,169 times
Women who are less attractive cannot help the way they look except to do the obvious things (hair, make up, clothes) and far as I know that doesn't take away 'ugly.' It's not a problem that women look better then others, there's always going to be someone that looks better then you, that's life. The problem is men put these women on a pedestal and then downgrade the others that don't fit the criteria. So the problem is not women's looks (obviously they can't help the way they look either), -- it's men and their attitudes and treatment of good looking women.

Last edited by Doll Eyes; 04-13-2013 at 08:31 PM..

Old 04-13-2013, 08:07 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,197,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisIpromiseyou View Post
Yeah, okay. I thought I saw a turnip truck drop a few when it went by.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships