Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 11:11 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times

Advertisements

I have finally came to the conclusion that men are exactly like women with the exception being biological. You females probably already figured as much but it really surprises me still. This bravado that most American guys put on is nothing but BS. I'm going to tell you why I am just now observing this. Between elementary and high school, I didn't hang out that much with people at all. Classic introvert. So now that I'm grown and working, I've been hanging out with both sexes for extended periods of time and forming friendships. What I've found is that men are just like women in almost every conceivable way. Men gossip just like women, men are bitchy just like women, men cry like women (usually not going to show it in public), men watch chick flicks just like women, men are romantics just like women, men groom just like women (metro men anyway), men want the same things women want - love, a committed partner, and relationship - but will sleep with trash anyway, men fight over the stupidest things just like women, men get offended over the same things as women, men have the same insecurities women have like being ugly, fat, unsexy, etc. and the list goes on. I guess it just intrigues me because I wasn't raised to have the macho attitude and alot of guys in this country put that attitude on trying to act like they are so tough when they're the same as women behind closed doors. I've befriended guys that were the real alpha types and roided up to kingdom come and have this real macho attitude but had the most insecurities when talking with just us guys! Thinking they were ugly and all types of stuff. Lol. Has anyone experienced the same thing or think the same?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 11:20 PM

360 posts, read 982,909 times
Definitely.

All this trying to be tough attitude is BS.

There's a reason why men are statistically known to have higher suicide rates than women do. So much for being tough.

Old 11-04-2013, 02:08 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,232,757 times
yes, some girly-men are just like woman

Old 11-04-2013, 02:29 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Yes (from someone who has a unique perspective on this subject).

Old 11-04-2013, 04:54 AM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Elaborate folks. Don't make it boring.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:23 AM

1,911 posts, read 3,026,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Elaborate folks. Don't make it boring.
Ok, to put it another way I've always felt that I was born in the wrong body anyway, but I am biologically male. I like to think that it's biological as there are really no other explanations I can come up with.

I don't believe that it's black and white though. Generally most men will act in accordance with their gender, then you have various degrees of masculinity and femininity in men, some more extreme than the other from macho or alpha men at one end of the spectrum to metrosexual men, then the extreme end of the spectrum (where I'm at) whereby such men are not men at all, but are transgender women.

I do believe that in general, people make too much of an issue of gender at times. I do think that more tolerance is needed of men who are uncomfortable with maleness and wish to express their feminine side without feeling ashamed or being labeled as gay.

Masculinity is like a protective mask. It projects toughness, but it also locks feelings inside in an attempt not to show weakness of any kind. I don't think that you have to be unhappy with your gender to enjoy romantic movies, shopping etc (things normally considered feminine). There's nothing wrong with a regular guy liking those things and I agree that men can be just as b--chy as women while women are just as capable of logical thinking as men.

Hope that's enough elaboration for you? I still don't exactly feel comfortable discussing my own situation but I thought it might help with the thread you created from a different perspective than what you might usually encounter.

Old 11-04-2013, 05:39 AM

22,592 posts, read 47,689,519 times
Quote:
Has anyone experienced the same thing or think the same?
Yep!

Old 11-04-2013, 06:10 AM

2,195 posts, read 2,590,689 times
Of course men are like women in many ways. After all we are all human. Gender really only matters when it comes to reproduction.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:36 AM

6,301 posts, read 9,649,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by non-creep View Post
I don't believe that it's black and white though. Generally most men will act in accordance with their gender, then you have various degrees of masculinity and femininity in men, some more extreme than the other from macho or alpha men at one end of the spectrum to metrosexual men, then the extreme end of the spectrum (where I'm at) whereby such men are not men at all, but are transgender women.
Women the same, and most people have some sort of blend of male and female qualities.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:44 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,718,121 times
Quote:
I have finally came to the conclusion that men are exactly like women with the exception being biological.
The psychological/emotional differences between men and women have been thoroughly and meticulously researched and documented for years and totally disprove your conclusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships