Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 06:53 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,139,829 times

Advertisements

I wish I had a nickel for every time I've had to deal with some mean, confrontational shrew with a chip on her shoulder who yells and glares at me and picks fights, and then as soon as a man (any man - doesn't have to be good-looking, or even available) comes around, she immediately drops the Moderator cut: snip and puts on a sweet smile. Moderator cut: snip How can this be the same person? And why do so many of them do it? I can't believe how phony and 2-faced they are!

Last edited by 7G9C4J2; 12-05-2013 at 07:26 AM.. Reason: Inappropriate language

Old 11-14-2013, 06:55 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Many people are like this.

Mark them as untrustworthy petty scum and move on.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:43 PM

It's like they don't want males to see just how ugly they really are on the inside.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:44 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Not just males.

Anyone who can do something for them.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:17 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,655,412 times
Look for a better class of friends.

Old 11-15-2013, 12:03 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
This never happens to me...? Where and with whom are you associating?

Old 11-15-2013, 01:35 AM

6,927 posts, read 6,938,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Yeah, I'm a little confused on that too.

I've seen angry/mean people of both sexes turn into ever-so-nice "Who me? I wouldn't swat a fly!" acts when a person in authority happens along - like a cop or a boss or something. But my women friends don't jump all over me in a rage as a general rule. Those who do are no longer my friends, and I couldn't care less if they go around channeling nasty split personalities. I get enough distance from someone like that so it's their prob - not mine.

Old 11-15-2013, 02:59 AM

830 posts, read 1,666,725 times
Default You're not alone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by temazepam View Post
I wish I had a nickel for every time I've had to deal with some mean, confrontational shrew with a chip on her shoulder who yells and glares at me and picks fights, and then as soon as a man (any man - doesn't have to be good-looking, or even available) comes around, she immediately drops the b*tchface and puts on a sweet smile. WTF? How can this be the same person? And why do so many of them do it? I can't believe how phony and 2-faced they are!
I can't believe it either. I wish I could avoid these people entirely but it's impossible. Strangely enough, this wasn't happening to me when I lived elsewhere, but since I moved to my current location this behavior occurs regularly. If it is because of me, I wish someone would just come out and say it; I've even asked a few people and they tell me they don't have a problem with me. These aren't my friends, they are people like coworkers, customers, neighbors, etc. who I can't avoid and I have to "keep the peace" with them. And the competition for guys--WTF? I almost never meet a man worth any special effort around here, but some women assume I'm a competitor in their games. Are they p-ssed because I'm not competing or because some dude expressed an interest in me, or what?

Old 11-15-2013, 03:37 AM

54 posts, read 135,109 times
When you see a 2-faced person, at that moment mark them as Untrustworthy without blink.

Something that crazy didn't happen to me but I'm mastering in 2-faced people here at my work so just go with it, don't let it affect you. If she is a friend or someone from your personal life ignore her if she is from your work, just go with it but look your back.

Old 11-15-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
The latest example is this woman visiting one of my nearby neighbors. Earlier in the year, I was out walking the cat, and they were walking toward the neighbor's home past us, and the neighbor greeted me (because she's friendly, unlike this relative of hers) and I said hi back. As they passed further, the visitor said, "Who's she?" Right in front of me, like I wasn't there, insulting my intelligence. I was shocked that when I retorted, "Who am I? Who the hell are you??", it only came out as a mutter and my voice failed to project and they were well past me anyway.
Anyway, she's been coming by lately to help out the old woman with her laundry and such, and when she passes while I'm out with the cat, she always stares at me so mean. I've let this go on for too long and had enough! So the last time it happened, I called her out on it and yelled to her to stop glaring at me like that because it's rude. She then lied, saying it was her first time here, and I told her, no, I've seen her here visiting a lot lately and every time, she turns her head at me, staring with the stinkeye. Then, she was in the laundry room across from where I live and she was taking her frustrations out on the laundry as the dramatically threw it from the washer into the dryer and looked back at me once more and just then an old henpecked married man walked in to get his laundry, and her facial expression did a 180 and she smiled sweetly at him. I said, not knowing whether she heard me, "Wow, what a good actress, with that phony smile"

There have been tons of other experiences like this.

And for the record, I am not choosing to associate with these idiots at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships