Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2013, 10:47 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
I agree it would be annoying and I think he is a jerk for doing that.
I have a neighbor like that. So annoying.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 12:27 AM

1,089 posts, read 1,421,783 times
Where does he park the truck and trailer when you're parked there?

Old 11-17-2013, 05:31 AM

8,273 posts, read 8,664,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Jacket View Post
It is suburban.
I've never lived in a burb that allows on street parking. Nothing looks junkier than cars parked on the street.

Old 11-17-2013, 05:42 AM

24,665 posts, read 69,729,597 times
Quote:
My girlfriend says hello if they are out of the house as well as I'm the polar opposite. I don't say anything and I go to my house or to wherever with a purpose. They have never formerly met me as I was never around or was unavailable so I bet they have a negative opinion of me.
Obviously with very good reason as you've demonstrated how incredibly rude you are. No, not simply "unsociable" but plain rude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
You don't have to socialize, but cutting people off who simply tried to be amenable is rude.

OP, grow up and develop at least a semblance of social grace. I'd bet a huge amount that if you'd demonstrated even a shred of it from the beginning this would never have been an issue. Too bad.

Old 11-17-2013, 07:25 AM

3,963 posts, read 5,698,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
He has to take it to another street. My GF and his wife do talk on occasion. Though my GF doesn't know about the issue between me and him. I don't know about his wife's knowledge or lack thereof. I'm not the first neighbor he has had a problem with.

Apparently, a former neighbor had beef with the same vehicle's parking habits in the past to the point that he wouldn't sweep sharp objects off his curb so the truck ran over it and puncture his tires.
Quote:
Originally Posted by STT Resident View Post
Obviously with very good reason as you've demonstrated how incredibly rude you are. No, not simply "unsociable" but plain rude.
I haven't been rude at all. I've just never spoke to them. That isn't disrespect or rudeness. It's not like I insulted him or done anything. You and this guy are way too sensitive.

Quote:
OP, grow up and develop at least a semblance of social grace. I'd bet a huge amount that if you'd demonstrated even a shred of it from the beginning this would never have been an issue. Too bad.
Grow up? This would have still been an issue. Apparently this isn't the first time this is an issue. He has already picked a fight with someone about this before. You would expect me to be best friends and have a cup of team with him. The friendliest of neighbors usually are the nosiest. All I have done is go in my house and every time they have came to the door or garage. I was busy so I wasn't available at the time. That is it. They took insult to it so they have the problem. Maybe they need to develop some social grace because they lack understanding. I have social grace but you don't have basic common sense.

Last edited by Yellow Jacket; 11-17-2013 at 07:33 AM..

Old 11-17-2013, 08:28 AM

9,109 posts, read 6,329,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkalot View Post
I've never lived in a burb that allows on street parking. Nothing looks junkier than cars parked on the street.
It is very common in the northeast where developers don't think about personal occupancy and recreational vehicles when they plan and build residences. If people aren't careful when buying real estate in the northeast they can end up owning a home that really crimps their lifestyle.

Old 11-17-2013, 08:29 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,651,314 times
"I haven't been rude at all. I've just never spoke to them".....LOL

Actually you were quite rude when you couldn't be bothered to take a few minutes and come to the door and just introduce yourself.

Per your post you're outside when they are, but you can't be bothered to wave or just say hello.

While he is a jerk, you could have nipped this in the bud.

Years ago I worked with a woman who wouldn't even speak to coworkers unless she had to, you would pass her in the hallway and if you said "hello" she would ignore you.

Well her car died on her, and even though there were coworkers who lived near by no one offered to give her a ride back and forth to work...LOL.

Sometimes making a little effort goes a long way.

Again you don't have to become friends, but just showing some basic social skills can go along way. Ever think you might want to go on vacation and have someone keep an eye on the house for you? When you can't be bothered to even say hello do you most people are going to report or chase away someone who might be up to no good on your property?

Old 11-17-2013, 08:34 AM

9,109 posts, read 6,329,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthfrodo View Post
Quote:
He has to take it to another street.
Do people have driveways or parking pads in this neighborhood? What is normally parked in front of his house that precludes the farm vehicle from being put there?

Old 11-17-2013, 01:50 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
We have a similar situation here with parking being tight. Most of the time there is a car parked in front of our house which can be annoying if you want to drop something off and leave again. It is what it is. First come first served. I wouldn't stress about having to look at a junk car in front of our house. Sooner or later the car will die and go to bone yard heaven. Then I would have wasted all that negative energy being unhappy when I could find countless other things to be a curmudgeon about and make myself even more miserable, antisocial and mean. I prefer to live and let live. Life is nicer with that attitude.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:26 PM

327 posts, read 133,185 times
Quote:
This issue probably stems from the fact I never got along with them.
Note that he has done you a big favor, or kindly ask him for a big favor. Preferably about his business. Thank him for the big favor and give him public thanks for the favor. Perhaps write a favorable review about his business. It's the Benjamin Franklin diplomacy technique. He will then change his attitude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships