Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:56 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,049,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmachina View Post
Explain?
She posted the wiki link. Research it. They are sick and twisted and believe in the submissive wife crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2014, 08:12 AM

20,048 posts, read 18,307,736 times
Even if you hit it spot on with your assumption the driver is coming from some belief system you disagree with, why in the world would you feel the need to create a thread criticizing the public pronouncement of such?

To most, it's seen as a man basically skywriting his love for his wife. Who cares?! There are many more IMPORTANT things to focus negative attention on!!

The truth is this: You don't know the guy from Adam. You, yourself, are taking a mighty big leap into divinity/self-perfection, and omniscience. To me, that seems a lot more twisted and sicko!

And BTW, how do you know all car stickers professing such are only related to those folks? YOU DON'T!!!!

Geesh! What's this freakin' society coming to?!

I'm headed back to a real concern and good cause:
SAVE THE WHALES AND DOLPHINS!!!!!

Old 01-28-2014, 08:17 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,540,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
She posted the wiki link. Research it. They are sick and twisted and believe in the submissive wife crap.
So how are they sick and twisted? Because they commit themselves to God and promise to honor their marriages???? To each his own. So this isn't a lifestyle YOU would want. That does not give you the right to proclaim someone else "sick and twisted". Seriously. Who died and made you God?

As to the topic of the thread: I see nothing wrong with a man proclaiming that he loves his wife on a bumper sticker. It's his life. I think it's kind of sweet that he'd do that. I've known to many men who try to hide the very fact they are married.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:20 AM

2,966 posts, read 5,217,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
Even if you hit it spot on with your assumption the driver is coming from some belief system you disagree with, why in the world would you feel the need to create a thread criticizing the public pronouncement? ?!
Huh? I had no idea what the stickers meant, or if there was some hidden meaning behind them. THAT is why I created a thread asking about them. How do you know my belief system? I had no idea the stickers were linked to a religious belief system that I may or may not agree with, and there is certainly no ulterior motive behind creating a thread asking about a sticker that people find unusual or mysterious.

When people wonder about a mystery, they ask on the forum. Simple as that.

Stop waging a holy war on people here and relax.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:26 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,873,001 times
The guys wife probably put it on his car.

I like the My Son Is An Honor Inmate at the State Correctional Center.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
So how are they sick and twisted? Because they commit themselves to God and promise to honor their marriages???? To each his own. So this isn't a lifestyle YOU would want. That does not give you the right to proclaim someone else "sick and twisted". Seriously. Who died and made you God?
I have a right to deem whatever I want as sick and twisted, and that right comes from the government, not God.

Hey, are you an old Family Life forumer?

Old 01-28-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim9251 View Post
Most people will assume the wife put it on the car because she doesn't trust her husband to not cheat.

Quote:
Seriously? Is that really a bumper sticker?

I noticed one yesterday that said "Girlfriend of a Marine."

It occurred to me that no man would have a "Boyfriend of Marine" bumper sticker.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
I have a right to deem whatever I want as sick and twisted, and that right comes from the government, not God.

Hey, are you an old Family Life forumer?
Actually, no. You don't have the right to call someone else sick and twisted without actually showing them to be sick and twisted. Please feel free to make your case.... Exactly what is sick and twisted about someone committing their life to their God and family? While I personally don't care to go to this extreme, I don't see what harm is being done that one would call this "sick and twisted" but I'm sure you'll explain why it is so. Or are you just calling people names you don't like?

I have no idea what an old family life forumer is so I'm guessing no. I just happen to believe that everyone gets to choose their own path in life as long as they aren't harming someone else in the process. I don't see promise keepers or men who put bumper stickers on their cars declaring they love their lives harming anyone. Both fall into the category of I hope life works out the way you want it to for me. I see no harm in either and I see nothing sick or twisted.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:35 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,330,946 times
People, people, people. Puh-leeze.

As my favorite inane bumper sticker admonishes: COEXIST.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:

If that's the case, it's interesting that he didn't remove it. While we don't know if he put it there or not we can conclude that he consents to it being there by the fact he didn't remove it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships