Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2014, 04:16 PM

97 posts, read 368,141 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberphonics View Post

What you just said gets us closer. You're interested in working things out and you want her to give you some clue as to how to do that. This still goes back to the missing pieces. What are you trying to "work out" and why does it - why does she - matter so much? Closure isn't significant unless the situation you're seeking to close and/or the one you're seeking to close it with are significant.

What is the actual situation and what is Jessica to you, really?
If there is a way to make things up or at the very least get the "closure", that's all I'm interested in.

I don't mind if she doesn't want to be my friend, but I'd like some clarity.

I came to the forum because I care about her enough as a potential friend to not want to "blow my chance".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2014, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stygmata View Post
I think that you're in love with "Jessica" - otherwise you certainly wouldn't be getting so deep in the weeds over a Facebook issue.
I wouldn't go that far, but I definitely wouldn't mind a friendship if "repairing the bridges" was somehow possible.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:11 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post

I think one negative thing about facebook (sure, there are lots, I know) is that people no longer have the idea that there are some people you "used to know" who are no longer in your life, in any respect at all. Believe me, some people are much better as "fond memories" than they are today in real life. But no, everyone who ever knew us, worked with us, sat in class with us, went to kindergarten with us, now MUST be our facebook friend, and we must always be in contact. Even though anything we had in common was in the past. Sure it might be fun to re-hash some old times, but then you move on and get back to your present life.
I so agree with you on this. I liked Facebook for catching up with old friends, seeing what they are up to in life but the idea of maintaining contact for an indefinite period or forever was creepy.

Old 02-10-2014, 05:16 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
Darling, are you a man or a woman? Can you elaborate on what the "Big tension" was about?

Old 02-10-2014, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Darling, are you a man or a woman? Can you elaborate on what the "Big tension" was about?
Ah, she just sent me a friend request saying that she unfriended me by accident.

It was a nice thread though everyone but I won't expect any of you to be my friends after this

Old 02-10-2014, 06:17 PM

1,035 posts, read 2,061,550 times
Hooray! Glad that impending train wreck worked out unless you want to consider how many times a girl says she did something by accident when she really just changed her mind or otherwise did it to see how you would react and then claimed she did it accidentally as a way to avoid the conversation about why she actually did it! *waving*

Old 02-10-2014, 06:45 PM

458 posts, read 645,083 times
Wow!
Creepiest thread ever made on C-D
I might have nightmares after this.......

Old 02-10-2014, 07:35 PM

254 posts, read 406,140 times
Yeah, I agree......this was kinda creepy :/

Old 02-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesefourwalls View Post
Yeah, I agree......this was kinda creepy :/
Friendship is actually pretty common in the world. You must live in a very non-friendship place to find friendships creepy.

Old 02-11-2014, 11:39 AM

22,591 posts, read 47,680,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darling3 View Post
Friendship is actually pretty common in the world. You must live in a very non-friendship place to find friendships creepy.
You read that wrong.
No one said that friendships are uncommon or creepy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships