Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2014, 04:31 PM

226 posts, read 614,957 times

Advertisements

Funny cause everyone on here was basically telling me, to keep my distance cause he obviously likes me more than a friend etc. And now you guys are saying "he's not into you" I don't think I should go on forums, cause it's ****ing confusing, when you have majority of people saying "He's into you, but you ruined it" and then having people say "He's not into you" So **** it, cause now this is just messing with my head even more I shouldn't have even gave a stupid update, cause now I am just more conflicted than I was.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 06:31 PM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCNikki View Post
Funny cause everyone on here was basically telling me, to keep my distance cause he obviously likes me more than a friend etc. And now you guys are saying "he's not into you" I don't think I should go on forums, cause it's ****ing confusing, when you have majority of people saying "He's into you, but you ruined it" and then having people say "He's not into you" So **** it, cause now this is just messing with my head even more I shouldn't have even gave a stupid update, cause now I am just more conflicted than I was.
No...different people offered differing opinions based on their perceptions and experiences. The whole group did not just collectively change its mind.

A little more critical thinking on your part could make your life a lot less confusing to you.

Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 PM

226 posts, read 614,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
No...different people offered differing opinions based on their perceptions and experiences. The whole group did not just collectively change its mind.

A little more critical thinking on your part could make your life a lot less confusing to you.
No...you're right, but that's why I said "majority" not all. Majority of these people were telling me to keep my distance and that he liked me more than a friend, etc. So I followed that advice, and now I am just sad about it, and then to have other people comment and basically, and I am saying "basically" I am not saying they said this exactly, but basically people were saying "He's not into you" "Move on" "He did it for a ego boost" etc. Basically in others words he doesn't give a **** about me, and I guess I just don't want to hear that right now. I don't want to hear that he could care less about me. I am not putting my life on hold, cause like I said I have other priorities, if a guy I like comes along I will go for it. I am not putting my life on hold at all for Jim. It's just my life is at a stand still right now, cause I can't connect to anybody like I am with Jim and I do care and love Jim a lot, and I would hate to lose him as a friend. It will change eventually, but that's irrelevant, cause I can't get over this, and I don't want to lose my friend. But I understand the circumstances why. I guess what i'm trying to say is I wouldn't be as upset if he distanced himself from me cause he liked me, but I didn't reciprocate. I am going to be upset and hurt and sad if it's a thing where he just hates me and wants nothing to do with me, cause we have so much history with each other, and we were always close. So yes! It hurts me. It's also confusing to hear so many opinions and it ****s with my head cause I take it literally, when really I should take it with a grain of salt, cause none of us are in his mind, and we don't know what he's really thinking, but somehow I still take it literally and I go back and forth. I say "Well maybe he always did like me but distanced himself cause I never reciprocated" then I would go "But wait..maybe people are right, maybe he's just doing this for a ego boost and he never liked me from the start" So it's hard to decipher, and I am lost in everything. Conflicted as usual. But whatever, I guess that's my fault for going on a forum. Thanks anyways.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:15 AM

3,070 posts, read 5,233,292 times
Okay, well, regardless of conflicting opinions, the obvious thing here is that you are wasting your energy about a person and situation that should not be relevant in your life. There are places to go, people to meet, things to do - you are 21 - and you are really putting so much time and energy into something that isn't going to materialize.

You can stop calling him your "friend". People don't act this way over "friends". This was a relationship that wasn't going to happen. You can pretend all you want that it's a "friend" or "best friend" or whatever, but nobody drives by a neighbourhood hoping to see a "friend" or pine over them like this.

And really, a 27 year old man who makes that kind of gesture? Even jokingly? Has no respect for you. He's 27. I'm his age - male friends do not do that at this age, unless they are talking to younger girls who they do not actually respect.

Part of getting older is the fortunate realization that it's OKAY if someone does not want to be your lover, friend, or even in the same room as you. It's totally okay. It does not reflect your self-worth.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:06 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
OP, why did you post the same thread in the Unexplained Mysteries and Paranormal forum?

Old 04-22-2015, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 528 times
I have a guy friend that I have seen for month.he has taken me out on date.he comes to my home I fix supper for his.he c has thing of his here.I feel like he is taking advantage of me.tell me what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships