Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2014, 12:05 AM

226 posts, read 614,596 times

Advertisements

Ok, so this guy I have been liking texted me tonight at 8:30 saying "Hey what are you doing?" "You should come to Paul's bonfire" I didn't get the message til 10:45 cause I wasn't looking at my phone, lol, and I was at a party at that time, so then I texted him back, and I went to Paul's bonfire, but I arrived there at 12:15.

It was really awkward, cause it was kinda silent. Like 6 guys were there including the guy I like (Ryan) so what's weird is that Ryan kinda ignored me. He wasn't overly friendly, but he wasn't rude, he did speak to me, like he said "What did you do tonight?" I said "That my friend I can't disclose, haha" He just sighs. Ryan was kinda quiet with me, and I said "Where's Carl?" He said "Carl Left! You can't show up at 12:30 and expect it to a party, haha" I was like "Sorry but I always thought that's when the party starts, haha" and he just laughed.

So they all wanted to go to the bar and since I am 20 and not old enough, I said I'll see you guys, and Ryan said "Bye Sara Love you!"

I feel stupid even going there cause it was kinda awkward for me. Also I don't understand why Ryan would text me to invite me and then I was there he barely engaged with me, and didn't hug me or nothing, like why would you invite me then? He did say though they have been drinking since 3pm and it's 1am and they went to the bar, so go figure, lol.

Should I be offended? Like why would he invite me, but then kinda ignore me in a way? Is it shyness? Because he was drunk? Like what do you think? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2014, 12:19 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,527,747 times
Booty call, from someone too drunk to follow through.

Old 04-13-2014, 12:22 AM

1,030 posts, read 4,275,702 times
You kinda made the mistake..

He texted you at 8:30, and you didnt show up until 12:30.

Thats way too late to be showing up and expecting things to be going on, especially when people are drinking.

You showed up WAY past the "prime time"

You shouldve gone when he invited you. If I was him I wouldve asked why you even bothered to show up.

It wouldve been better if you told him you saw his text late and are just going home.

Put yourself in his shoes, you invite a guy over to your backyard party who you like. He shows up 4 hours after you invite him when everyones either gone or past out drunk. Then you ask him why hes so late and he says he cant disclose that kind of info.....youd be pretty mad I bet...

Old 04-13-2014, 01:03 AM

174 posts, read 332,581 times
lol I knew OP looked familiar. -> http://www.city-data.com/forum/non-r...st-friend.html

Old 04-13-2014, 07:25 AM

2,098 posts, read 2,499,377 times
He texted you at 8:30. You showed up after midnight and when he casually asked what you did that night, you gave him a non-answer. Then you asked about another guy. How exactly were you expecting him to react when the first three things you did seemed non-interested?

If you're wondering if he likes you, I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. Usually when a guy likes a girl, he makes a point to pursue her. Males usually pursue. He sounds like he might be interested enough to want a hook-up, but not like he wants you to be his girlfriend or anything. If he did, he would be trying harder. I would move on and not give the impression you waste time on guys who only halfheartedly like you, just like he didn't give the impression he was going to fall all over a girl who gave halfhearted responses to an invitation to a party.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:34 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
That or they were inviting all kinds of people at 8:30 pm so they could have a bigger bonfire party.

Old 04-13-2014, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post

Thats way too late to be showing up and expecting things to be going on, especially when people are drinking.

You shouldve gone when he invited you. If I was him I wouldve asked why you even bothered to show up.

It wouldve been better if you told him you saw his text late and are just going home.

Put yourself in his shoes, you invite a guy over to your backyard party who you like. He shows up 4 hours after you invite him when everyones either gone or past out drunk. Then you ask him why hes so late and he says he cant disclose that kind of info.....youd be pretty mad I bet...
I know! It was so awkward too! I really didn't know he texted me, cause I was intoxicated, and I wasn't on my phone, and I was mingling with everyone at the previous party, so I really didn't see the text, but I thought since Paul has late bonfires that it wouldn't be a big deal to show up there. But you're right! I did show up way past the time, and honestly you're right too when you say "I bet you would be mad" You're right I would! If it was the other way around, cause I would think I am not a priority in his eyes, and I would think he is just showing up cause there is nothing else to do etc. So you made some good points there. Thank you!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchan View Post
Yeah that's me! lol! But this is a different guy I am talking about, and I just like to go on these forums to see what other's think to validate my opinion on it. I am not really clueless, but thanks for putting my OLD forum up, that I am not talking about anymore, hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
It could have been, but I highly doubt it. He might have been texting a lot of people, and plus he didn't try to make the moves on me. He was drunk, but honestly you would think he's sober, I mean they drank like pigs, but their alcohol tolerance is through the roof, which is bad cause that shows alcoholism. So I am not really sure about that, but thanks anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitkatbar View Post
He texted you at 8:30. You showed up after midnight and when he casually asked what you did that night, you gave him a non-answer. Then you asked about another guy. How exactly were you expecting him to react when the first three things you did seemed non-interested?

If you're wondering if he likes you, I wouldn't put a lot of money on it. Usually when a guy likes a girl, he makes a point to pursue her. Males usually pursue. He sounds like he might be interested enough to want a hook-up, but not like he wants you to be his girlfriend or anything. If he did, he would be trying harder. I would move on and not give the impression you waste time on guys who only halfheartedly like you, just like he didn't give the impression he was going to fall all over a girl who gave halfhearted responses to an invitation to a party.
Yeah, I see. I know what you mean cause if I liked a guy and he showed up hours later and then seemed kinda disinterested then I would be very upset that I am not a priority in his eyes, and that Paul's bonfire was just something to do etc. You're right, but honestly I think I act like a flake with him constantly. He kept thanking me for the antibiotics I gave him like a week ago, lol. I mean like I said he wasn't too friendly, but he wasn't too rude either, I guess you would say he was neutral. But I don't know in the past he did try to date me, but I always rejected him cause I was interested in another guy. So I do admit I am kinda flakey, and that's not cool, I know that. But thank you for commenting! You made valid points!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That or they were inviting all kinds of people at 8:30 pm so they could have a bigger bonfire party.
Yeah, you're on point malamute!

Old 04-13-2014, 08:40 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,367,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHavensFinest View Post

It wouldve been better if you told him you saw his text late and are just going home
Excellent!

Disappointment sets in pretty fast when the one you invited doesn't show up.
It would be hard for anyone to pick up their enthusiasm at that point...let alone
a young man.

You could try texting him ....ask him to coffee today on you, saying you'd like to make
up for not getting his text at 8:30....always say,
"I underdstand how that might have made you feel, I'm sorry."
( Or something of that nature..."I wouldn't have liked it if someone showed up
4 hrs later, I'm sorry.")

Those happen to be the magic words, in bold, in all relationships; parents, boss, lovers and your doggie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships