Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2014, 06:22 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,836,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Let's see, since you don't like her because of her big mouth, and you don't like him because he copies you(gee sounds like the movie Single White Female), and since you are so much above them and pay more in taxes that they make, there is only one solution.

Hire a hit man.

BTW, most people who are real friends, like to see their friends do well. Sounds like you don't want them to come up in life, so you can't feel superior like you do now.

No where in my posts did I even remotely say anything that insinuates such a thing. It's the fact that she talks down to me without cause, as I've repeatedly stated. I also noted that he is making twice the money he was thanks to a job I got him, so you can keep your non sense to yourself, it doesn't apply here. Try to follow along now...

Again, if they were actually doing twice as good as me, I'd accept it. It's the fact that his wife tries to talk to me as if I'm below her and that she's better than me, and of course he sits there and says nothing, knowing the opposite is true.

Forget it, I forgot the majority of people in the world are at the lower incomes and would attack me because the majority of you ARE them. lol

Have a nice day fellas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2014, 06:23 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,166,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
Whatever. What kind of friend lets his wife talk to me like that knowing the whole time that she is wrong and doesn't say anything about it? As far as friends, I'm the one that got him the job he has now, which pays twice what he made at Burger King.

It's funny, you seem jealous. I figured I'd get these kind of responses from the masses. I guess you don't get it either. There is a social status whether you like it or not. It's only those who don't have it that refuse to accept it.
Why are you even on here asking the question?

I'm puzzled as to why you give a rip what these people think of you, whether they "copy" you or not. If this lady is as condescending as you say she is, tell her you don't appreciate her tone with you, and if she doesn't start respecting you more, you are done with the relationship. This is what a mature adult does. Again, who the heck gives a crap? Why do you waste time on people who don't respect you?

So you are on here complaining about a woman who is in a pissing contest with you, then you come on here and ask us if you should return the pissing contest. This makes you no better than her, and I don't give a crap that you made six figures.

There are going to be naysayers and people who think they are better than you all around. Surprised you didn't learn that in your 20's, since you are such a smart person.

Sounds like you both need an attitude fix.

And no, I'm not jealous, but you'll likely think I am.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:32 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
You sound like a 7th-grader.

Seriously, go back and read your post and look at how insecure you sound.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:34 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
You sound like a 7th-grader.

Seriously, go back and read your post and look at how insecure you sound.

Right?

"Copying"? Really? LMAO.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:38 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
No where in my posts did I even remotely say anything that insinuates such a thing. It's the fact that she talks down to me without cause, as I've repeatedly stated. I also noted that he is making twice the money he was thanks to a job I got him, so you can keep your non sense to yourself, it doesn't apply here. Try to follow along now...

Again, if they were actually doing twice as good as me, I'd accept it. It's the fact that his wife tries to talk to me as if I'm below her and that she's better than me, and of course he sits there and says nothing, knowing the opposite is true.

Forget it, I forgot the majority of people in the world are at the lower incomes and would attack me because the majority of you ARE them. lol

Have a nice day fellas.

Are you drinking when you post? Try reading your first post.

"his wife has quite the mouth on her" AND " since he started copying everything about me a few years ago until I asked him to stop"

Your words not mine.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:45 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,462,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
So your issue is not that she has a fat mouth but that she does not realize you're actually "better" than she is?
Sure sounds that way.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:52 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I am sad he calls this guy his friend and then does not share his "secret" for success.

You're not much of a friend, either.

Frankly, when I have had a friend who had a spouse or significant other that was obnoxious and I couldn't take it any more, I just told them. And you know what? 9 times out of 10, they fixed it.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:53 PM

16,075 posts, read 21,154,079 times
Quote:
My friend recently got married, and his wife has quite the mouth on her. For a secretary she is very condescending, constantly talking down to me as if she and her husband are better than me because 1) she has a graduate degree and 2) he is pursuing a grad degree paid for by his parents with the hopes of getting him a better job (he works as an office administrator now).

The way this girl talks to me just irks me. I make six figures and have been since my mid twenties, and have two houses paid off, and am buying a third house. They just got their first apartment in their mid thirties. I make more than both of them combined and then some. Heck, I pay more in taxes that either of them makes. For some reason I just want to shut her up. She really just doesn't know who she is talking to.

On the other hand, I don't want them to start copying me career wise or real estate investment wise (if they ever get better jobs), since he started copying everything about me a few years ago until I asked him to stop. If I tell them what I'm doing, they might start copying me. So should I just find a way to drop my income into conversation? Or hint that I make a lot of money by talking about my paid off houses and third home purchase? Or just let it go and quietly laugh and fume at the same time internally?
Maybe she does. Money isn't the be all end all and just because you have more doesn't make you better, just richer. Maybe she doesn't care two bits about your money or your 'status' and she just doesn't like you.

Old 07-19-2014, 06:54 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:

Have a nice day fellas.
You may have money but you do not have the class. Nobody should EVER think that they are better or have a right to talk to someone a certain way or not talk to someone a certain way based on how much money they have. And I am saying this is someone who more than likely has more money than you do.

Who cares? Money is not what respect should be based on. Grow up.

Old 07-19-2014, 07:26 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kharing View Post
Stop hanging around this couple if they annoy you so much. Why associate with people you obviously don't like?
Exactly you sound like my 12 year old daughter, just sayin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships