Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:38 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,402,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy12 View Post
Thanks And actually, something better even happened that I am completely shocked about. Sarah actually CALLED me after school and told me how sorry she was for today and that she never meant to make me feel like I was dumb. She said that she actually thinks I'm really smart and she's so sorry and she messed up and she's glad I told her how I felt. Lol this kind of stuff never happens to me but yeah today was a good day I am just so in shock right now though. I should try this standing up for myself thing more often.

I can't rep you again yet, but that is pure awesome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 07:07 PM

87 posts, read 406,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nonchalance View Post
i can't rep you again yet, but that is pure awesome.
i know.

Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 AM

4,856 posts, read 5,824,290 times
From what I've read, you are a ditz, and it's a personality many find annoying. But...listen... but, you are obviously not an idiot. It neither makes you an idiot either. Can't really figure out the best way to explain this, but many intelligent people are quirky, or aren't in tune with social graces, take Sheldon Cooper as a very easy example, really smart, socially ignorant. You know you're smart, have proof of such, so don't question your self on it, because you got a little Kelly Bundy- who is pretty much a savant. Things can be self taught, I learned the basis of my social graces from watching tv, since 6th grade on up I was an outcast, nobody wanted to be around, which kinda actually lasted until I joined OccupyLouisville, and could actually make friends.

Old 10-08-2014, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxRhapsody View Post
From what I've read, you are a ditz, and it's a personality many find annoying. But...listen... but, you are obviously not an idiot. It neither makes you an idiot either. Can't really figure out the best way to explain this, but many intelligent people are quirky, or aren't in tune with social graces, take Sheldon Cooper as a very easy example, really smart, socially ignorant. You know you're smart, have proof of such, so don't question your self on it, because you got a little Kelly Bundy- who is pretty much a savant. Things can be self taught, I learned the basis of my social graces from watching tv, since 6th grade on up I was an outcast, nobody wanted to be around, which kinda actually lasted until I joined OccupyLouisville, and could actually make friends.
QUIRKY. Yeah I've actually been called that a few times too.. Not nearly as much as the other names though. But the thing is, I actually like being called quirky. It makes me feel unique and I take it as a compliment actually.. Probably because I myself love quirky people. What you are saying makes sense though. I just wish more people would see me as "quirky" instead of "ditzy".

Last edited by Jazzy12; 10-08-2014 at 04:11 AM..

Old 10-08-2014, 08:44 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,976,767 times
OP, you actually come across way smarter as lot of other CD members. You express yourself well, your spelling and grammar is awesome and you seem to know what's going on around you. I don't think you are stupid or dumb at all.

You just need to think first before you talk, I had to learn that, too. My mom never learned it but she got away with it for very long through her beauty . Now it's not that cute anymore though.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:16 AM

7,743 posts, read 15,874,077 times
Quote:

Even though I knew I techniqually didn't do anything wrong, I was still really upset because I felt like I was too hard on Sarah and acted like a ***** and in a way regretted saying anything because it is really unlike me to ever scream at anybody like that, but later two girls Im kind of friends with came up to me and said "oh my god Julia THANK YOU for saying that to Sarah today". I was immediately really shocked and said "really?" And they told me yeah they were so happy I did because they see the way Sarah treats me and it pisses them off, and she treats everyone like crap. They said Sarah needed to be put in her place because she has no reason to treat me like that because I don't do anything. One of the girls said she tapped me and gave me a thumbs up after I told Sarah off, but I must of not even noticed, probably because I was so flustered. It just felt good to know that for once I'm not alone. Today was a good day

What do you mean by engaging/disengaging?
That's what I mean by you can't presume to know what other people are thinking. You've probably inspired some people to stand up to Sarah (and people like her).

There's lots of articles that talk about disengaging from arguments and relationships. Basically you're giving yourself permission to have a timeout, cool down, collect your thoughts and decide whether it's worth to go down this route and how.

Old 10-08-2014, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
OP, you actually come across way smarter as lot of other CD members. You express yourself well, your spelling and grammar is awesome and you seem to know what's going on around you. I don't think you are stupid or dumb at all.

You just need to think first before you talk, I had to learn that, too. My mom never learned it but she got away with it for very long through her beauty . Now it's not that cute anymore though.
Thank you. Yeah I am going to try to work on that. I don't want to be the person to rely on looks alone to get things in life.. Though I don't think that will be an issue since I'm not good looking lol.

Old 10-08-2014, 11:43 PM

26 posts, read 22,396 times
Bless your heart! I'd love to write you a prescription for confidence and courage.

The only and best thing you can be is yourself.

Why don't you try something physical to amp up yourself?

Old 10-10-2014, 05:56 PM

4,189 posts, read 3,402,741 times
Quote:
Thank you. Yeah I am going to try to work on that. I don't want to be the person to rely on looks alone to get things in life.. Though I don't think that will be an issue since I'm not good looking lol.

I bet that's not true either.

Old 10-11-2014, 12:20 AM

1,385 posts, read 1,524,334 times
I haven't been following this but are we really to believe that Sarah has really realized the error of her ways after being told-off just once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships