Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2014, 06:49 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times

Advertisements

Elvira, I think he's like the person you met at church because he said to me, "You're such a pretty girl and pretty girls never acknowledge me." Now I see why. When he was with his "sister," he said nothing. When I was alone talking to another guy, he came in and interrupted us and I just started talking to him and that's when I said I'd buy him the shirt as long as he paid me back. I still talk to the other guy and the other guy said, "Yeah, I was getting very bad vibes from him." That guy and I exchanged Instagram usernames and a few weeks later, we did exchange numbers. I was telling him about this and he said, "Dang. I wish I gave you my number instead because you could have called me to wait with you as well. I got really bad vibes from him." He's been trying to calm me down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2014, 07:05 PM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
I think you should talk to your mother and tell her everything and also tell her you are scared of this guy as well . I mean tell her it , I mean all of it and explain what happened .I cannot see a mother not listening to her child about this as this is serious and I mean very serious .

Old 11-30-2014, 08:32 AM

I want to thank everyone who took the time and read this. I want to thank everyone for their valuable advice. One guy friend in upstate PA said, "It's obvious he likes you. Why not entertain him a bit?" I told him I didn't feel safe and they were red flags. The friend just said, "Just look out for you then and make your moves." He's staying blocked.

I asked another person I met at the concert and he said, "Hmm... I think they're just close friends. They never said what they were. When I was talking to you and then she started talking to me, she never said anything. I talked to him a bit and he never said anything either." So, it's not only me... except I'm the only one getting stalked (the other guy at the concert just said, "He's pretty chill on Facebook."). I think it's safe to assume I'm dealing with a personality disordered individual - is "normal" with guys, but when it comes to girls...

I also ordered "The Gift of Fear" through Ebay. I should get it between December 3- December 16. I'm hoping I get it this week. I'm looking forward to reading it.

Thanks again everyone.

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 11-30-2014 at 08:42 AM..

Old 11-30-2014, 10:47 AM

22 posts, read 22,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
Sorry you're story doesn't add up.

You said you didn't find out until a week later this girl he was with was his sister? Yet all three of you were involved in a conversation, including them waiting with you for a cab and it never came up that they're brother and sister? That doesn't make sense.
who cares?

Quote:
And buying a homeless person food(which is a nice gesture) isn't the same as buying some strange guy you meet at a concert a t-shirt. You're not paying anything forward, you're sending him a message that you like him.
Umm...buying a t-shirt doesn't mean you like someone romantically, anyone who thinks this and decides to phone 78 times is off their rocker. As is someone who thinks this way, sounds like a dangerous persons mentality.
Quote:
I find many holes in your story, but let's say it is true, learn from this.
99% of people do not stalk someone texting 78 times because they were kind to them. There is nothing to learn from here that I see.
Quote:
And regardless of your relationship with your mother, you tell her to block him from your phone. It can't be that stressful, because if it was you would have your own plan regardless of any additional cost.
No, not if you don't have the money for your own plan then you would not. Especially since the OP said she just graduated college, how rich do you think she is? Think, it's your best defense against stupidity

Old 11-30-2014, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Q&Lrn&Hlp View Post
NEVER gift or loan to a stranger.
That's sad. Gifts are known as a kind gesture, no one should adhere to the contrary eh

Old 11-30-2014, 10:53 AM

That's sad. Gifts are known as a kind gesture, no one should adhere to the contrary eh

Old 11-30-2014, 11:27 AM

2,466 posts, read 2,764,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyingBird View Post
No idea what to say but that AT&T is a cluster ...you know what. If I call 5 times, I get 5 different answers. And being a 14 year customer they act like they roll out the red carpet for me. Ummm...k. LOL
You can authorize users yourself with the MyAT&T app.

Old 11-30-2014, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCyclist View Post
who cares?

Umm...buying a t-shirt doesn't mean you like someone romantically, anyone who thinks this and decides to phone 78 times is off their rocker. As is someone who thinks this way, sounds like a dangerous persons mentality.

99% of people do not stalk someone texting 78 times because they were kind to them. There is nothing to learn from here that I see.
No, not if you don't have the money for your own plan then you would not. Especially since the OP said she just graduated college, how rich do you think she is? Think, it's your best defense against stupidity
I agree. I have exchanged my number with countless people and this rarely happens to me. Of course, Midwesterners and Southerners might be different than someone from Jersey...

...Also, I've helped people before and have done nice things for people before and I NEVER had this issue. The only other time I had this issue was with a homeless person who was desperate for somewhere to live and get him out of the situation. And then last year, that guy that did that to me... he did all the buying. I wasn't even doing anything sweet.

Before I blocked him, he sent me 200+ text messages a day. By the time I deleted the log (stupid me for doing that), I had close to 950 text messages and most of them were from him asking me why I was at work and why I went to bed. Others were him begging me to come visit him or going with him and his "sister" (as I posted earlier, the other guy I met wasn't sure what their relationship is... he assumed they were very close friends) thinking that would make me more comfortable traveling 8 hours to Buffalo. No. And for someone who supposedly didn't have any money, he was going to a concert 12 hours away from him. I think it was a ploy because someone who doesn't have money wouldn't be going to a concert that far away and doing the VIP again. That just didn't add up and that was the final straw of red flags.

Last edited by jessxwrites89; 11-30-2014 at 01:35 PM..

Old 11-30-2014, 02:08 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,642,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaCyclist View Post
who cares?

If someone posts a situation on here and than the story changes, nothing wrong with asking a question to try and understand what actually happened.

And if you don't have money to have your own phone plan, than don't go around buying concert t-shirts(which aren't cheap) for strangers. So that is a ridiculous comment. She also has money for the concert...priorities.

Put on your thinking cap......a girl buys a guy she just met a t-shirt, the guy is going to think there is a romantic interest. You can't just look at things like this as to how you perceive it, you have to THINK about how is the other person going to perceive it. Clearly he took it as there was interest.

No one is arguing that the guy isn't creepy, he is creepy. A normal person wouldn't keep texting.

But the OP needs to wise up and learn from this. She did play a role in this situation occurring.

Old 11-30-2014, 02:17 PM

4,290 posts, read 4,012,365 times
oh dear sorry for the trouble you have. But don't react just ignore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships