Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:08 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,453,434 times

Advertisements

I once had a great car chase after a road rage incident.Big biker guy waving a lug wrench. I lost him when I squeezed through a tiny space on shoulder in my smaller car and ran a red light and his bigger car would not fit through man was it cool
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2015, 11:18 AM

6,455 posts, read 9,822,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I was in a car driven by my boyfriend at that time. Some guy cut us off and, instead of letting it go, stupid BF chases after him and cuts him off back. Okay, so now this guy starts following us. We were all dressed up going out to dinner at a swank restaurant. So the guy follows us all the way to the restaurant, gets out as we are giving the car to the valet, and he runs up and grabs my BF and slams him into the hood of our car. He has his fist back and is screaming and the valet yells "I'm calling the cops!" and the creep gets in his car and takes off. We got his license plate and apologized to the valet, explaining this guy just came after us. Well, we are eating in the restaurant and the cops come. They ask us to step outside and tell them what happened. We did and they took our report. As we go back to our table the manager of the restaurant comes over and TELLS US TO LEAVE and never come back! We were the victims, and we get kicked out. Sheesh!

I dont think you were the victims after your BF chased him and cut the other driver off.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:32 AM

1,843 posts, read 3,059,991 times
Yes...someone followed me a couple of months ago. I was in this lane and there was an accident, so traffic was not moving. There was a lane next to me that went into the mall parking lot, which could take me another way to work. The lanes were separated by this flat concrete divider that was very small. I saw a couple of people go over it so I figured eh why not. I put my blinker on and ensured it was clear-it was dark & rainy. Well, this person came up the lane very fast with NO headlights on, so when I went over I didn't see them. They swerved into the 3rd lane, to their right, honked their horn & stuck their finger out at me. I pulled up behind them at the stop sign...you could only go left or right. Even though I wanted to go left, they were just sitting there in the left lane so I decided to go right. After going right, they pulled behind me & followed me. I was very scared, so I decided to just pull into the parking lot & call the police. Once I pulled off they took off...but it was rediculous.

My husband has had 2 people follow him in road rage incidents. It's so scary you never know what they might do.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:41 PM

2,398 posts, read 3,836,530 times
Oh and the most hilarious, humiliating and even sad story I've ever heard on the subject:

I was taking a class on personal effectiveness and the topic was negative emotions. The instructor told a story about how he used to work as a regional sales representative that had him traveling a lot by car. He said he grew really impatient with drivers after a while, driving angry most of the time, culminating with this event.

He was in a hilly section of NW Arkansas driving on a winding narrow highway. The car ahead of him was slow and wouldn't pull over and he couldn't pass. By the time he could get around finally, he was enraged. He hit the gas, horn and flipped off the driver that had held him up and it was his grandmother! He had no idea what she was doing there driving many miles from her home and fortunately for him, she didn't seem to recognize him.

Wow. He said after that he just got another perspective and remained calm in driving adversity for the most part.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:43 PM

3,426 posts, read 3,346,822 times
Back in my wild and crazy days (the '80s) I was driving in NYC and a cab cut me off, the cabdriver jumping in front of me and purposely hit his brakes. Not once, but twice! Incensed, I took off after him and a high-speed chase resulted for several blocks. It was like out of a movie! Well, after a couple hours in jail and loss of my license for six months, I learned otherwise. Luckily, I never hit anything or anyone. Oh and btw, the cabbie got arrested too.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:17 PM

917 posts, read 1,384,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK-Cathy View Post
Oh and the most hilarious, humiliating and even sad story I've ever heard on the subject:

I was taking a class on personal effectiveness and the topic was negative emotions. The instructor told a story about how he used to work as a regional sales representative that had him traveling a lot by car. He said he grew really impatient with drivers after a while, driving angry most of the time, culminating with this event.

He was in a hilly section of NW Arkansas driving on a winding narrow highway. The car ahead of him was slow and wouldn't pull over and he couldn't pass. By the time he could get around finally, he was enraged. He hit the gas, horn and flipped off the driver that had held him up and it was his grandmother! He had no idea what she was doing there driving many miles from her home and fortunately for him, she didn't seem to recognize him.

Wow. He said after that he just got another perspective and remained calm in driving adversity for the most part.
Thats hilarious!! My grandma drives but she never gets on to the interstate/freeway. It takes her a month to burn a full tank of gas.

Old 01-29-2015, 01:26 PM

917 posts, read 1,384,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsydevil82 View Post
Yes...someone followed me a couple of months ago. I was in this lane and there was an accident, so traffic was not moving. There was a lane next to me that went into the mall parking lot, which could take me another way to work. The lanes were separated by this flat concrete divider that was very small. I saw a couple of people go over it so I figured eh why not. I put my blinker on and ensured it was clear-it was dark & rainy. Well, this person came up the lane very fast with NO headlights on, so when I went over I didn't see them. They swerved into the 3rd lane, to their right, honked their horn & stuck their finger out at me. I pulled up behind them at the stop sign...you could only go left or right. Even though I wanted to go left, they were just sitting there in the left lane so I decided to go right. After going right, they pulled behind me & followed me. I was very scared, so I decided to just pull into the parking lot & call the police. Once I pulled off they took off...but it was rediculous.

My husband has had 2 people follow him in road rage incidents. It's so scary you never know what they might do.
Thats what my mom told me dad when that guy pulled a rifle on me and my mom. It wasnt even in our hometown. Im in Texas and she said this happened in Arkansas!!

I once had this crazy woman(at least I think it was a woman, she looked like a man a bit) tailgate me for a good while. I'd switch lanes to get out of her way and she'd switch right with me. I got the impression she was drunk because there was a lot of swerving. I had just gotten onto the highway so I dont know where she came from. Eventually, I pulled over to the shoulder and she took off. A few miles down, I saw a cop had pulled her over lol

Old 01-29-2015, 01:38 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,835,038 times
I remember when I was 16 and first trying to learn to drive, and one time this older girl in a car behind me started honking and screaming at me. Scared the heck out of me. That was my first (and only) road rage incident and I was shaking for a good half-hour after that.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:18 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,935,027 times
a relative of mine (on my wife's side) accidentally cut a guy off on either i-95 or the expressway down in Broward Co FL. he followed him home (my wifes' cousin is like 16 or 17 - just a kid). the guy mad at her cousin followed all the way home, somehow got him out of his car and punched him in the face breakin his eye socket, had to have surgery etc. and it was all an accident that he cut the guy off. i hate south FL.

Old 01-29-2015, 05:58 PM

367 posts, read 458,482 times
Yes, I have been and as the aggressor. I was pulled over by a cop who saw my retaliation at the other car who gave me a long lecture about road rage. While some people may have not listened to him, I gave him my full attention and have not done it again nor have I allowed someone else to rattle me up. I consider myself fortunate to have gotten just a lecture, and not a ticket, and have learned from it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships