Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 03:30 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,101,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I suggest that you find a hobby or some other activity to do in your spare time. Then find friends that enjoy the same pursuits. My best friends are those that enjoy the same hobbies, not just enjoying each other's company to drink and party with. I prefer people that I can do productive things with.
My hobbies are music, movies, cars, trains and going bowling with friends, I like to talk to people about various stuff and what goes on in life, fortunately I don't drink and go to parties.

The only hobbies that me and Rolando have is 80s music and us going to the movies together although we don't have the same taste of movies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2008, 03:40 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
It seems to me that Roland is casual friend quality, but not best friend quality if that's alll you have in common plus the other issues.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:03 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
I could be friend with both but probably wouldn't hang out with either. I like middle of the road people, I seem to have more in common with just down to earth types.

Old 01-09-2008, 04:24 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
I wouldn't want to be friends with any of the three of you.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
I wouldn't want to be friends with any of the three of you.
Not even the rich and popular Megan?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:10 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,041,502 times
Is this a trick question???

I guess I'd have to say Megan. I personally would have more in common with Megan, but that's my problem.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:12 PM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
Quote:
Not even the rich and popular Megan?
Actually, I would probably have more in common with Roland the retarded bum.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:02 PM

549 posts, read 1,930,193 times
Mopac, you appear to have a big head, not Megan. Your friends are who they are and you should accept them for it. If you can't accept who they are then don't be friends with them. However, don't ponder if you deserve a better friend. At this point, do yourself and Rolando a favor and cut ties with him. Right now it sounds like the only reason you'd continue being friends with him is because you can't find a better friend. That is not a fair nor an honest relationship.

Old 01-09-2008, 11:56 PM

Quote:
It seems to me that Roland is casual friend quality, but not best friend quality if that's alll you have in common plus the other issues.
While me and Rolando may not have many similar interests I do feel that we do have alot in common and we can relate to each other very well and he is really compassionate and takes alot of pride in his friendships, I do feel that Rolando is such a great friend for me.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by endersshadow View Post
Mopac, you appear to have a big head, not Megan. Your friends are who they are and you should accept them for it. If you can't accept who they are then don't be friends with them. However, don't ponder if you deserve a better friend. At this point, do yourself and Rolando a favor and cut ties with him. Right now it sounds like the only reason you'd continue being friends with him is because you can't find a better friend. That is not a fair nor an honest relationship.
I've later started thinking things through and I realized that I was being such an arrogant jerk for favoring Megan over Rolando cause of what she has, I do have other friends who I have met through my younger brother and I am thankful for having them as my friends, overall I think Rolando is a much better friend for me than Megan ever was and Rolando is really compassionate and filled with pride towards his friends and I don't think anybody can be as great of a friend for me like Rolando is.

I also later realized that I shouldn't be acting that way towards Rolando and me being such a big headed jerk for wanting to be friends with Megan instead of Rolando and I feel that what I'm doing for Rolando in return is treating him like crap cause of his learning disability, I think me and Rolando are meant to be friends and Rolando is the kind of person who would do anything for his friends, I'm now in a better state of mind than I was when I've posted the message, one quality what I really like in Rolando is that he can make something out of nothing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships