Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2015, 04:15 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
Oh, so now one kind of plastic surgery is ok, but another isn't?

Good gawd, the END RESULT is what is important here... how a person will feel about their body and their self esteem, and by that estimation, they are EXACTLY THE SAME.

Yes, yes it is. I bet if the OP were here saying she'd always been self conscious about her ears sticking out, and she had saved up the money to get the fixed, she'd be getting completely different answers from people.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:16 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abrandnewme18 View Post
Appearance does matter though. You can't even deny it. We have millions and millions of women making money off of JUST their appearance. Millions and millions of guys too. Have you seen instagram? Girls are getting 500K+ followers and making tons of money by just posting pictures. Why do people follow these girls if all they do is post selfies? If looks don't matter then why are so many people becoming millionaires just based off their appearance? How come some of the world's most known people are known partially because of their looks? Is it just a big coincidence? I don't think so. No I don't plan on a being a model, but how do you think us normal girls feel? It's everywhere, you can't escape our incredibly superficial culture. It might be easier for older generations to escape from this, but you really can't at my age.

Why can Americans name the Kardashians but can't even name their own senators?? Oh I don't know, maybe because superficial things are more important to most Americans. How come the world's most followed instagram user is famous because of her looks and for just being famous (and a sex tape)??? How come those beauty pageant shows where they exploit 4 year olds are so popular??

Some of the world's most famous and incredibly wealthy people have used their appearance to help them get there. Our world is OBSESSED with appearance. Our Western world revolves around appearance/sex, money, and power. It's one of the big 3. Yes I am superficial but I'm only one of millions of people in our Western world that is superficial. If you think I am incredibly superficial, you haven't seen NOTHING yet. Our whole Western society is superficial. Yeah I guess I'm part of the problem, but one person can't change it. You think I'm really that superficial? Go on instagram, you'll see millions of girls who you will be disgusted with. This is the norm of our society. It's just going to keep getting worse, and I feel bad for young children.
I figured this was the problem.

How about this ... you stay OFF Instagram and see how your life improves.

Quote:
I have been wanting this since I was 14, so that's before the whole big butt craze became popular. I'm not following trends. If it goes out of style, oh well. I will still be happy with my body. It will make me look better in clothes. An hourglass figure looks better in everything, imo.

My mom WANTS me to live at home. She loves having me around, especially since my brother moved out. She has told me this many times. She would miss me dearly if I moved out. If I had to pay them rent, I would be out in a heartbeat. The only reason I still live at home is because I get free rent. I understand they don't have to do this, and I am lucky that I get to live in a nice home for free. My parents also do very well financially. I'm not saying we are super rich, but me paying for rent wouldn't make a difference. It's not like they need my help with the bills. If we were struggling, I totally understand, but we aren't. I am not asking them to pay for the surgery and give me free rent and free everything else, even though they could afford the surgery too.

Do you think I really want to live with my parents? Of course not, I want to be independent. There's really no point of me moving out if I get free rent from them though. If they wanted me out, then I understand. I wouldn't mind living in a crappy apartment in a better area and have my independence. I have a friend who wants to move out too, I can manage without getting free rent and free everything else if my parents decide to stop supporting. I am not a burden to my parents for still living at home. My dad doesn't mind and my mom loves my company. I don't think they have it in them to kick me out, even if they did want me out, but they don't. I actually might be moving out the end of this summer by my choice, if everything goes well. New city, new body, new me!
This post ^^^ is VERY revealing.

Google the term "hothouse flower." Nevermind, here:

Urban Dictionary: hothouse flower

If you really WANTED to be independent, you would be. But your parents have made life too good for you to even consider venturing out. And lying to them and sneaking around is how you prove to them that you've grown.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennies4Penny View Post
Out of curiosity, I looked the procedure up and, firstly the girls that have it done look ridiculous. You can tell that their butt doesn't fit their body. Secondly the average cost is almost $7,000! Why in the hell would you waste $7000 on this! You could pay for so many more useful things, like education! You could get certified in a plethora of fields with this money that would set you up for a good career. Lastly, you said you have wanted this done for five years, before the Kardashian craze. Well, unfortunately the Kardashians have been around since 2007, well before you decided to do this. Since they are approaching the 10 year mark, this fad is most likely on its way out. And why, why would you want to follow through with a decision like this that you made at the age of 14???Look how different your body is now compared to then! Think how different it will be in 5 more years.
Yes, this. It is a trend. Not everyone can have the latest trend in body shape. In the 80's, curvy was in. In the 90's super skinny. Now Kardashian butts. Do you (OP) really want to change the shape of your body based on something that will be out of style in a few years? Not a good decision.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:20 PM

9,293 posts, read 14,908,083 times
Quote:
It's not just my butt, it's my whole body. The surgery will make everything look very good and shapely. I do exercise and eat well, but I just want a little extra help.
I hope you're putting this amount of attention into your education. Beauty fades, but dumb is forever.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:21 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
So if I wait until I move out to get the surgery, should I tell them then????? Do they have a right to know then? Would it be going behind their back then? Would I be a liar then? What about just my mom? Is it alright to tell her but not tell my dad? Honestly if I do move out, I don't think I would tell them, since I already know what their opinions will be. I don't need my mom to take care of me either. It would be nice, but I hire someone else to do that.
If you can't do something proudly and openly, and have to even discuss hiding it from your friends and parents, than you should re-think it.

If you were considering piano lessons, or getting a teaching certification, or becoming a train conductor, or learning to dance, or increasing some natural talent, or traveling to France to learn how to cook so you could become a professional chef, or whatever....

What would these comments be? Supportive. Admiring. Envious. Wistful. Proud. You would be experiencing City-Data cheerleading to the nth degree.

Instead, almost everyone here thinks you are being a shameful and deceptive witch. And you know you are, because you are trying to figure out how to hide it. Do you even have a brain? Can't you see that you are doing something to be ashamed of?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:21 PM

403 posts, read 597,988 times
This is the kind of butt that I want. Nothing too dramatic, but very curvy and sexy!

Old 04-30-2015, 04:23 PM

403 posts, read 597,988 times
^Are you guys really going to say that lady looks bad?

Old 04-30-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
This is the kind of butt that I want. Nothing too dramatic, but very curvy and sexy!
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find clothes that fit a super curvy body? The bolded - can't have both.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:24 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,043,693 times
Quote:
Awful. Bad. She looks like she has some terrible posterior tumor. Gross. She looks like she is inversely pregnant and about to need a G-section. I'll bet it tickles when she has to go boom-boom and her cheeks dip into the cold water.

Old 04-30-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Yes, I think her but looks kind of lumpy and too big for the rest of her body. It doesn't matter though. You live rent free at your parent's house. You can't afford this. You won't get your mom's support, and you shouldn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships