Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2015, 02:30 PM

2,645 posts, read 3,331,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
The things you guys get worked up over is downright sad.
Seriously, stop acting like this person is pacing his living room in tears, fists pounding over a party picture. Admitting that something made you feel bad is hardly "getting worked up". Sheesh, drama queen often?

What I don't get is why anyone would criticize this poster for admitting that he felt left out, while automatically assuming that the person sending him the picture is an innocent bystander. As these forums do such a good job demonstrating, the world is full of dicks. People--especially insecure people--make dick moves all the time, fully intending to put other people down. Is that the case in this situation? No one knows, but it's certainly entirely possible.

To the OP, like I said before, not knowing either of you personally, I can't tell you whether your feelings are justified. But I can tell you that life is short and the world is big. Fill your space with people who lift you up, dump the ones who bring you down. Unless, of course, EVERYONE brings you down. Then you might have to start thinking it could be you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2015, 02:33 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,990,041 times
That kind of stinks. Your friend is a tad insensitive.

Old 05-24-2015, 02:59 PM

2,744 posts, read 4,235,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
That kind of stinks. Your friend is a tad insensitive.
agreed.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:13 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
Seriously, stop acting like this person is pacing his living room in tears, fists pounding over a party picture. Admitting that something made you feel bad is hardly "getting worked up". Sheesh, drama queen often?

What I don't get is why anyone would criticize this poster for admitting that he felt left out, while automatically assuming that the person sending him the picture is an innocent bystander. As these forums do such a good job demonstrating, the world is full of dicks. People--especially insecure people--make dick moves all the time, fully intending to put other people down. Is that the case in this situation? No one knows, but it's certainly entirely possible.

To the OP, like I said before, not knowing either of you personally, I can't tell you whether your feelings are justified. But I can tell you that life is short and the world is big. Fill your space with people who lift you up, dump the ones who bring you down. Unless, of course, EVERYONE brings you down. Then you might have to start thinking it could be you.
Yup, exactly. Trust me I am not pacing around about this. I just needed a place to anonymously ask others if my feelings are justified and this is a great place to do that.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:21 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,159,022 times
I can see both sides of this.

Sometimes people just sent out pictures of them having fun for no reason at all and sometimes people do it basically to show off, like "Ha, ha I was invited to this great party but you weren't!!!"

The first wouldn't bother me but the second would.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 PM

10,196 posts, read 9,888,603 times
It's ok to have hurt feelings or feel left out, etc...I don't see why people are so against that.

Old 05-24-2015, 03:27 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,750,169 times
I think it's pretty lame and shallow of him to send you the picture of him at the party. I would be bothered by it.

Old 05-24-2015, 05:51 PM

749 posts, read 852,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David910 View Post
Yup, exactly. Trust me I am not pacing around about this. I just needed a place to anonymously ask others if my feelings are justified and this is a great place to do that.
I think you are justified to feel less than happy with this person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think it's pretty lame and shallow of him to send you the picture of him at the party. I would be bothered by it.
Agree completely.

Old 05-24-2015, 08:20 PM

933 posts, read 1,478,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by germaine2626 View Post
I can see both sides of this.

Sometimes people just sent out pictures of them having fun for no reason at all and sometimes people do it basically to show off, like "Ha, ha I was invited to this great party but you weren't!!!"

The first wouldn't bother me but the second would.
Honestly, even if they are just sending a picture of them having fun, why would they feel the need to send a picture at all? If you are really having fun, then you (at least I) wouldn't be thinking, "Let me take out my phone and absorb myself in social media"..,

But, I don't want y'all to think he only sends me snaps of him having fun at parties. Just today, I got multiple snaps from him detailing totally uninteresting aspects of his life, where instead of being hurt, all I could think about is WHO CARES!!!

Old 05-24-2015, 08:37 PM

404 posts, read 385,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoriBee62 View Post
I don't think anyone can judge the legitimacy of your feelings without answering the million dollar question: What was the point of this "friend" sending you the photo in the first place?

Despite what the critics on this thread will try to tell you, not everyone in the world is faultless and innocent. Some people really do use social media to advertise how popular they are. Other people go through life completely ignorant of how their actions might make someone else feel, or they know, they just don't give a rats butt. Then there are people who need to self-medicate their insecurities by trying to passively put down people they feel threatened by. We call those people "toxic", and if your friend is in this group, I'd continue what you started and keep distancing yourself.

It's like you said, posting a photo on Facebook is a general post to everyone. Gotta brush it off. But sending a snapchat like you described is akin to saying, "Hey, look how much fun I'm having without you!" That's f-ed up. Lose the loser.
You hit the nail on the head!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships